Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2013   #21
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24776 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand
Default Re: The history of the kubiak denny's menu.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Right on, Fidd.

And good posts, DB.
Agreed, but we have also almost completely stopped using the outside zone plays.. Which would eliminate the inside pressure Wilford was between the guards.

In response to the new Vance Joseph Hiring:
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #22
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Pretty much. I remember the first mention of the Denny's menu with Kubiak. It was years ago when we were losing more than winning and the Fire Kubiak Club was all the rage. So yeah, it was brought to the forum in order to mock him. It was humorous at the time, simply because it was better to laugh than cry. But these days it's kinda' stale and a bit overused. Dude is winning playoff games as a head coach, yet there's always some reason to be unhappy about it, I guess.

Funny thing is how many act like they KNOW, when in fact they know nothing. Kubiak is from a branch on the Bill Walsh coaching tree, so it makes sense that he's using a lot of the strategy, plays, and concepts from Walsh's WCO. The big play call sheet is one of those tools at his disposal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'll let you know right now that Kubiak will never be Bill Walsh 2.0.

But, NOBODY will be the second coming of Bill Walsh. He was that special and there is a reason why he's become a benchmark for head coaches.

However, my point was that Kubiak's lineage comes from a tree that has grown many championship coaches. He's using a proven system that has been behind many NFL championships with different teams.

We can see incremental improvements with this team. Yeah, they screwed the pooch by missing out on HFA, just like they did...when? Oh yeah, never. Just having a chance at HFA was a first time for this franchise, and they still have to learn how to deal with success.

So-called "baby steps" can be frustrating for impatient fans (myself included), but there is definitely an upward curve to this franchise's history under Kubiak. Hopefully that trend doesn't stop until there's a shiny silver trophy involved.
Will someone rep this guy, please? It won't let me. DB
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #23
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Will someone rep this guy, please? It won't let me. DB
Got him. ...for both of us.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #24
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Agreed, but we have also almost completely stopped using the outside zone plays.. Which would eliminate the inside pressure Wilford was between the guards.
We didn't have Graham; I said that before the game that it would hinder our chance. We did run some outside zone with better results than the inside zone a d gap plays, but not as good as it's normally is with Graham in there.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read