Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-07-2013   #1
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Uh oh, I'm getting excited again

Slowly but surely my mojo is starting to come back... I havent truly had it since the week leading up to the NE game weeks ago.

We at least made it as far as last year...despite losing Cushing, and despite all the changes we had to make this offseason to prepare for our long term stability as a team.

Maybe we just played too Vanilla last time? Maybe they will be rusty? Maybe Tom Brady comes down with mad cow disease prior to kickoff? Maybe it really is extremely difficult to beat a team twice in one year, let alone a playoff team. Maybe Foster absolutely goes OFF on them this time...

Who knows? ANYTHING can happen, and for whatever reason I am starting to get excited again. In 7 days, we just might be talking about playing for a spot in the Super Bowl. Whether likely or not, its why they play the game. Whats your attitude at the MO?

GO TEXANS!!!
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #2
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87506 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Uh oh, I'm getting excited again

Lol, try to remain grounded enough so that a potential crash down to reality doesn't hurt you too much.....this is how i'm handling this week anyway.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #3
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Cautiously optimistic. That's my attitude.

We bring our A+ game, the Patriots commit some mistakes (and we don't), then we stand a chance.

But the Texans will have to play damn near perfect football for 4 quarters. That's not the standard for Kubiak's team, though, so I have my doubts it can happen on the road vs. the Patriots.

IF the Texans win, because let's face it...it's possible, it will be HUGE. We'll either be playing Peyton Manning in Denver or we'll be hosting the Ravens, which would just be e-p-i-c IMO.
Old 01-07-2013   #4
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

We bring our A+ game, the Patriots commit some mistakes (and we don't), then we stand a chance.

But the Texans will have to play damn near perfect football for 4 quarters. That's not the standard for Kubiak's team, though, so I have my doubts it can happen on the road vs. the Patriots.

IF the Texans win, because let's face it...it's possible, it will be HUGE. We'll either be playing Peyton Manning in Denver or we'll be hosting the Ravens, which would just be e-p-i-c IMO.
Just watch the Ravens upset the Broncos on Sat.... Setting up a chance to get homefield again. Lol... AND THENNN....
Old 01-07-2013   #5
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 247537 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

It's true, whether you're in the "ready to crown them" club or the "burn Gary and Matt at the stake" mob it's that time of the week when you start thinking about the possibilities. One win and it's all better. Really. I mean that.

We've all heard that tired cliche about having nothing to lose and that fact making someone "a very dangerous man". Well what do the Texans even have to lose this week? I mean, if they go up to New England and get their collective asses beat by, I dunno say "42-14" What does that matter? That already happened so big friggin deal. What's the worst that can happen? At this point it's just a matter of going up there, relaxing, and taking your best shot.

A loss and everyone moves on. We come back at this problem again next year.

A win however, well that's uncharted territory. That's back on track time.

A Texans win combined with an equally unlikely Ravens win in Denver puts the AFC Championship game back in Houston. Sure it's a ridiculous scenario. Most likely impossible but what the hell. If you're gonna dream, dream big.

New England in January. Nobody wanted it but here it is. I don't know how much pressure there can possibly be on the Texans at this point so maybe this will work. They don't respond to pressure so how about zero expectation of success and a national media that thinks they're a punchline? They might just respond to that.
Old 01-07-2013   #6
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 810 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't expect he Pats to make many mistakes. We need to get hits on Brady early and often, and Wade has to dial up some different coverages besides straight up man. Schaub needs to figure out how to throw a td again, and the offense can't turn it over. If all those things happen then call me crazy but I think we win.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thats my phrase of the week. That and tempered enthusiasm.
Old 01-07-2013   #8
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just an FYI, in 2010, the Jets went to Foxboro in early December for Monday Night Football and got embarrassed 45-3. The Jets then went back to Foxboro in the division round, off a Pats bye, and beat them 28-21. And that was with Buttfumble at QB.

Anything can happen in this league.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #9
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

The weather isn't going to be miserable either, so that's a positive. In fact, according to the forecast the weather in Houston and Foxborough is going to be about the same. High 40s with a chance of rain on Sunday.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #10
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

The line is -9.5/-9 I actually think it will come down by gameday but we will see. Maybe being the underdog is better for this team than giving up points though. We lost our last 3 games of the seaons and there were sour notes all around but Saturday a number of things looked better than they had in some time. The D didnt give up a damn thing to speak of, no 3rd down conversions, the O line held up well, foster go into it. People having been crying too much inmo. Schaub threw the pick 6 which was bad but they guy is throwing 0.75 picks per game so lets hope he stays away from that in NE. Outside of that I have no problem with his performance, no deep balls but I dont see a reason to try to throw deep if its not there. We moved the ball well and just stalled as we always do in the red zone as this has been a problem for years. Lets build off of the fixes we made in this last game and move forward.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub needs to take what the defense gives him. Last game there was plenty of yardage in chunks underneath and Schaub was trying to hit the big play I guess doing his best Tom Brady impression, I don't know. But if they can chew a lot of clock, have good red zone efficiency, and make a few key stops on defense it could be a close game.
Old 01-07-2013   #12
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
The line is -9.5/-9 I actually think it will come down by gameday but we will see. Maybe being the underdog is better for this team than giving up points though. We lost our last 3 games of the seaons and there were sour notes all around but Saturday a number of things looked better than they had in some time. The D didnt give up a damn thing to speak of, no 3rd down conversions, the O line held up well, foster go into it. People having been crying too much inmo. Schaub threw the pick 6 which was bad but they guy is throwing 0.75 picks per game so lets hope he stays away from that in NE. Outside of that I have no problem with his performance, no deep balls but I dont see a reason to try to throw deep if its not there. We moved the ball well and just stalled as we always do in the red zone as this has been a problem for years. Lets build off of the fixes we made in this last game and move forward.

Also of note looking at the last 3 games

82/142 57% completion 5 TD 4 Ints

Tom hasnt exactly been killing it. Its not impossible for him to struggle although I wouldnt plan on that
Old 01-07-2013   #13
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Schaub needs to take what the defense gives him. Last game there was plenty of yardage in chunks underneath and Schaub was trying to hit the big play I guess doing his best Tom Brady impression, I don't know. But if they can chew a lot of clock, have good red zone efficiency, and make a few key stops on defense it could be a close game.

are you talking about the game Sat?
Old 01-07-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Slowly but surely my mojo is starting to come back... I havent truly had it since the week leading up to the NE game weeks ago.
If your excitement is so frail, why is it so hard to understand the ebb & flow of the teams "excitement" & "inspiration"?
Old 01-07-2013   #15
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184414 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Under the circumstances, "Cautiously optimistic" is an excellent attitude to carry into this game. I share that with you. Rep coming your way.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #16
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 25182 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Naw I think he's talking about when we played the Patriots last time and Schaub threw deep to Walter in the endzone who was covered pretty well. Meanwhile Arian Foster was open underneath with the entire field available in front of him.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
Just an FYI, in 2010, the Jets went to Foxboro in early December for Monday Night Football and got embarrassed 45-3. The Jets then went back to Foxboro in the division round, off a Pats bye, and beat them 28-21. And that was with Buttfumble at QB.

Anything can happen in this league.
Awesome. I was just looking up that season to post the same thing.

We are certainly underdogs, but they still have to play the game. Otherwise, why would we watch it?

It would be a crazy upset, but it's not impossible. Improbable, yes. But definitely not impossible.
Old 01-07-2013   #18
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 264510 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Keeping it at a simmer for now. Don't want to lose your juice before the game.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #19
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If your excitement is so frail, why is it so hard to understand the ebb & flow of the teams "excitement" & "inspiration"?
Not sure what you mean?
Old 01-07-2013   #20
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Naw I think he's talking about when we played the Patriots last time and Schaub threw deep to Walter in the endzone who was covered pretty well. Meanwhile Arian Foster was open underneath with the entire field available in front of him.

What Deuce said. That play especially sticks out in my mind, there were a couple more as well, all early on and long before the score got out of hand.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read