Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #61
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chew on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Mother of God. This is the guy a 4 year old points at in the grocery store and asks, "Mommy why is that man so ugly?"

Rocky Dennis thinks this guy is goofy looking.
In Boston he's considered hot....LOL.
Old 01-06-2013   #62
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boston columnist slams Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRONKED View Post
Lollll hes a prick.

Got it all wrong.

The Broncos are getting a 2nd bye too...hahaa.

Really, espn can go ahead and start advertising the afc championship game right now.

Lol @ texan improvement. The only noteworthy w in last month was vs bungles...who couldnt get out of their own way and still almost stumbled into a w. You realize if dalton hits a wide open green behind ur secondary...youd be down, late in the 4th?

It won't get that close, but if even if it does, brady wont miss.

Neg rep plz. (Hey, I promise to show back up here if you pull it off)

Pats are beatable dude. They lost to the Cardinals, and Jacksonville gave them a run for their money. Last game is done and gone, it's 0-0.
Old 01-07-2013   #63
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not surprised at all at this kind of talk coming from that part of the states. Only thing is bashing Watt is a new low for them in my mind. Not his fault the secondary couldn't cover for even a second a lot of the time. I still blame the safeties for inexplicably focusing on the RB. Obviously, Harris was crap in that game too.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #64
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #65
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRONKED View Post
Lollll hes a prick.

Got it all wrong.

The Broncos are getting a 2nd bye too...hahaa.

Really, espn can go ahead and start advertising the afc championship game right now.

Lol @ texan improvement. The only noteworthy w in last month was vs bungles...who couldnt get out of their own way and still almost stumbled into a w. You realize if dalton hits a wide open green behind ur secondary...youd be down, late in the 4th?

It won't get that close, but if even if it does, brady wont miss.

Neg rep plz. (Hey, I promise to show back up here if you pull it off)
Stop doing that.
Old 01-07-2013   #66
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 5468 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Patriots have many weak points... We can beat them. That clown will eat the words.
Old 01-07-2013   #67
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Guys, he's awful. Terrible.

The only thing I would say re: bulletin board material is: are you kidding me? The only motivation your team needs is right there with the 42-14 embarrassment in the first game. You can bet the Texans will be ready to show up, unlike the first game, when they pee'd down their leg. That won't happen again.

If your team needs motivation from CHB, then they don't deserve to be in the game to begin with.
Old 01-07-2013   #68
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxboro Steve View Post
Guys, he's awful. Terrible.

The only thing I would say re: bulletin board material is: are you kidding me? The only motivation your team needs is right there with the 42-14 embarrassment in the first game. You can bet the Texans will be ready to show up, unlike the first game, when they pee'd down their leg. That won't happen again.

If your team needs motivation from CHB, then they don't deserve to be in the game to begin with.
Exactly. Playing to get into the AFC Championship game should be motivation enough. Should be.

Playing for home field advantage should have been too.
Old 01-07-2013   #69
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Exactly. Playing to get into the AFC Championship game should be motivation enough. Should be.

Playing for home field advantage should have been too.
Agreed. But just because we didn't win, doesn't mean they weren't motivated. It means we didn't play very well.

I would have hated for us to win one of those last two games & been sitting around watching the play-offs this past weekend.

This team flat out was not good playing against Minnesota. There's no way that team would have beaten the Ravens that played yesterday, or the Ravens that will play next week. No way.

Getting healthy isn't going to help us. We're not getting back a Brian Cushing or Jonathan Joseph next week. We needed a good week of practice to "fix" a dozen issues that prevented us from playing good football. We needed to play a game against good competition to verify that we fixed those issues, or identify that the issue wasn't fixed.

Now we've got another week of practice to address a few issues we didn't fix & another dozen we didn't address.

I like the idea of playing at home. I like the idea of having the play-offs come through Houston. If we were playing like we were week 7, week 9, or even week 11 then I can see that bye week helping us. But as it was..... no.
Old 01-07-2013   #70
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy is universally hated. Pay him no mind.

On a side note, why in the hell have the mods here not banned Gronked yet? hes obviously not here for relevant football discussion.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #71
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian Foster is aware of this article. He has part of it as his avatar on twitter.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #72
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chew on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
I saw Lord of the Rings. Not gonna bother seeing The Hobbit.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #73
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans should go into Foxborro with a black fleur de lis on the side of their helmets and think of Thomasina Brady as Bret Favre. The first time he gets his hands on the ball they should strive for a BRUTAL, flagrant roughing the passer. They should act as if the outcome of the game was predetermined by the refrees and turn it into an exercise of "how hard can we hit Tom Brady and Wes Welker."

They should act as Sun Tzu's troops did when they were outnumbered and fighting in the mountains. We have NOTHING to lose. How many of these SOBS can I take with me before I go. ESPN, Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated, NBC Sports and CBS sports has GIVEN this one to the Patriots before the kick off. I say the Texans go in there and play 60 minutes of the most angry football the Patriots have ever seen. The refs are going to ignore the numerous times J.J. Watt will be tackled on his way to Brady. There will be scores of mysterious pass interference calls against Jackson and Quinn.
I say vugg it. Level some EXCRUCIATING hits on "defenseless receivers". "Rough the passer" whenever possible. The Texans will be playing against the Patriots, The National Media, The Crowd and the refs. The only one of those four whom you can knock the ever loving piss out of, give a concussion and have carted off the field are the Patriots. Prepare to hand Goddell a game check. Be some broke sons of 3itches with superbowl rings rather than rich young men at home WATCHING someone ELSE earn one! WIN AT ALL COSTS or don't bother making the trip. One advantage I can say the Pats have right off. THEY have a QB all we have is Schaub.

[Disclaimer] If you're a Patriots FAN visiting our board I don't give a I$HT if you like me OR my Opinions. Thomasina Brady and Bill Belecheat can take all three of their Lombardi trophies and cram them up their @$$es. The Pats are champs and the great ones don't know when to step aside gracefully. I'm ready to see my Texans knock your team to the deck and beat them till the refs have to pull them off.
I'm TIRED of having to be "graceful in defeat". Fcvk it...it's time for some OTHER cities fans to be bridesmaids with big, fake smiles.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #74
dmello
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 dmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respecteddmello is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to say that most Pat's fan aren't like DAN SHAUGHNESSY. He has to sell news. People like him give the rest of us bad names and makes us look arrogant. Most of us respect other teams because we know that just because we beat you once doesn't mean we can do it again.

I hope we win but i'm not counting on it. good luck Sunday.
dmello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #75
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmello View Post
I just want to say that most Pat's fan aren't like DAN SHAUGHNESSY. He has to sell news. People like him give the rest of us bad names and makes us look arrogant. Most of us respect other teams because we know that just because we beat you once doesn't mean we can do it again.

I hope we win but i'm not counting on it. good luck Sunday.

Sorry...couldn't hear you. The sound of your three gigantic Superbowl rings clicking together, and all the National Media saying that all Brady has to do is show up to assure a win were drowning you out...
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #76
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Sorry...couldn't hear you. The sound of your three gigantic Superbowl rings clicking together, and all the National Media saying that all Brady has to do is show up to assure a win were drowning you out...
heh. That's how we feel about the ball-washers that are on their knees for Manning.
Old 01-07-2013   #77
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian Foster used a piece of the article as his twitter avatar.

EDIT: Beaten.

Anyways, hopefully this article is posted all throughout the Texans locker room.
Old 01-07-2013   #78
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
The Texans should go into Foxborro with a black fleur de lis on the side of their helmets and think of Thomasina Brady as Bret Favre. The first time he gets his hands on the ball they should strive for a BRUTAL, flagrant roughing the passer. They should act as if the outcome of the game was predetermined by the refrees and turn it into an exercise of "how hard can we hit Tom Brady and Wes Welker."

They should act as Sun Tzu's troops did when they were outnumbered and fighting in the mountains. We have NOTHING to lose. How many of these SOBS can I take with me before I go. ESPN, Fox Sports, Sports Illustrated, NBC Sports and CBS sports has GIVEN this one to the Patriots before the kick off. I say the Texans go in there and play 60 minutes of the most angry football the Patriots have ever seen. The refs are going to ignore the numerous times J.J. Watt will be tackled on his way to Brady. There will be scores of mysterious pass interference calls against Jackson and Quinn.
I say vugg it. Level some EXCRUCIATING hits on "defenseless receivers". "Rough the passer" whenever possible. The Texans will be playing against the Patriots, The National Media, The Crowd and the refs. The only one of those four whom you can knock the ever loving piss out of, give a concussion and have carted off the field are the Patriots. Prepare to hand Goddell a game check. Be some broke sons of 3itches with superbowl rings rather than rich young men at home WATCHING someone ELSE earn one! WIN AT ALL COSTS or don't bother making the trip. One advantage I can say the Pats have right off. THEY have a QB all we have is Schaub.

[Disclaimer] If you're a Patriots FAN visiting our board I don't give a I$HT if you like me OR my Opinions. Thomasina Brady and Bill Belecheat can take all three of their Lombardi trophies and cram them up their @$$es. The Pats are champs and the great ones don't know when to step aside gracefully. I'm ready to see my Texans knock your team to the deck and beat them till the refs have to pull them off.
I'm TIRED of having to be "graceful in defeat". Fcvk it...it's time for some OTHER cities fans to be bridesmaids with big, fake smiles.
In other words...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #79
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster response to Dan Shaughnessy’s story

FULL STORY at deadspin

Arian Foster Took Special Exception To Dan Shaughnessy’s Especially Terrible Texans Column

Foster has made Dan Shaughnessy’s story his Twitter avatar

Eric Stoner ‏@ECStoner
Shaughnessy's piece is pretty much identical to Woody Paige's piece on Jags/Broncos in 96. Just sayin.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #80
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy is coming on 610 right now so tune in if you want......

(he is supposed to be on at 2:15 which is now...)

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read