Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 01-06-2013   #41
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Wild-Card Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Luck is still overrated and overhyped.

He still has some luck though.

Two shoulda-been INT, one near Int, one fumble lost, one near-lost fumble, and an Intentional Grounding.

If that was Schaub, this MB would have called for his head despite some of the plays he made.
They would even called him out for all the sacks he "took", too.

But since it is Luck, everything works in reverse.

They won't even complain about the FGs, LOL.
Yeah, because this fan base has a history of crucifying rookie QBs. Riiiigghhtt ....

Matt Schaub has been in the league NINE years. He is what he is. I'm not even hating on him, but YOU brought that weak sauce Schaub crap into this thread. Luck has and will make many mistakes. He's a young QB. If he's still making those mistakes after four or five years, people will be labeling him a bust.

Wait, maybe I jumped on you too soon. You're suggesting that Schaub is playing like a rookie? OK, I can get with that. Hell, he plays like a promising rookie.
Old 01-06-2013   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If he's still making those mistakes after four or five years, people will be labeling him a bust.
Are you saying that Schaub is a bust, or that he doesn't make "those" mistakes, or both?
Old 01-06-2013   #43
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Are you saying that Schaub is a bust, or that he doesn't make "those" mistakes, or both?
He's a bust if a Super Bowl win is on your mind. Just my opinion. The crow will taste good if I'm wrong.
Old 01-06-2013   #44
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I must have seen what you saw. I thinking at the time, though just a passing thought, was I guess since Brady's little ball-spiking temper tantrum they are squeamish about calling it on others(?). After thinking about it for a second I realized they root for Brady unabashedly and wouldn't care how it looks...lol.
Yeah, I thought at the time "wtf, I've seen that called before", only to see it not called two other times during the day. The Skins/hawks had at least 1 that should have been called. The only thing I know is if I see that **** called next week against Houston I'll be hot...

Kind of like I saw a defensive offsides (Oline reacted to it) called in the Ravens-Colts game. The same play got me hot last week when the Colts jumped offsides in the same fashion only for it to go against Houston. That kind of **** can piss me off. Same exact play, one goes against the defense; the other against the offense.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #45
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Yeah, because this fan base has a history of crucifying rookie QBs. Riiiigghhtt ....

Matt Schaub has been in the league NINE years. He is what he is. I'm not even hating on him, but YOU brought that weak sauce Schaub crap into this thread. Luck has and will make many mistakes. He's a young QB. If he's still making those mistakes after four or five years, people will be labeling him a bust.

Wait, maybe I jumped on you too soon. You're suggesting that Schaub is playing like a rookie? OK, I can get with that. Hell, he plays like a promising rookie.
Did you ever hear me jumping on Wilson? Nope!

What I had said even before the draft is that Luck is overrated and overhyped.
Because of that, people tend to give him more leash.

It make their comparison between Schaub and Luck (for this year, especially) more out of skelter. They think that the Texans can win it all with Luck this year!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #46
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57325 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He's a bust if a Super Bowl win is on your mind. Just my opinion. The crow will taste good if I'm wrong.
First off, Showtime, what do you think was the overall expectation before the season start?

It seems to range betwen 14-2 and 10-6 for a norm of around 12-4.
That should give the Texans a good chance to go deep into the play-offs if the team play even keel.

However, people didn't readjust for the loss of Cushing amongst a host of ofther injuries along the way.

Personally, I expected Wade Smith to have a better year, but he didn't, due to a nagging injury.

As of late (before the Bengals game), a couple of high-paying guys (Myers and Brown) were playing underpar - and poorly for the money the got paid for.

On the defensive side, JJo was under the weather for awhile; Antonio has not been 100% for quite awhile; and there's Brooks Reed.

Both O.D. and Graham have either been out or play hurt.
(and we need Graham for those outside zone runs - he's more important than one might think.)

If you look at the top ten on the pay scale and the additional key players, we have had a lot of injuries or health issues there.
(I think Wade Smith might be in the top ten paying guard in the league, too.)

These are the guys you count on to have a successful season.
The worst off they are, the worse off the rest of the team becomes.
We've been playing musical chair all over the place.

Schaub is a guy who needs to either stay in the pocket, or roll out in the bootleg.
Either way, we need blocking because we pay for it.
We don't pay Schaub as much, but we pay the other guys to do their jobs.

Each guy needs to perform up to pay scale (present and future.)
Old 01-06-2013   #47
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 93649 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm talking about Schaub and nothing but. Not about records, other players, Schaub. Bust.
Old 01-07-2013   #48
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'm talking about Schaub and nothing but. Not about records, other players, Schaub. Bust.
Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think we at least have to have a basis to "measure" bust.

Let's say we go back for the last 10-15 years to check out all the QBs that have been drafted. Where Schaub was drafted, he is definitely a success as opposed to some 30-50 underachievers/bust.

Or you can go by comparative salary, which should have Schaub somewhere just above average. But his play has been better than average.

I don't see how you can call him a bust.
It's really beyond me.
Old 01-07-2013   #49
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Sorry but I have no idea what you're talking about.

I think we at least have to have a basis to "measure" bust.

Let's say we go back for the last 10-15 years to check out all the QBs that have been drafted. Where Schaub was drafted, he is definitely a success as opposed to some 30-50 underachievers/bust.

Or you can go by comparative salary, which should have Schaub somewhere just above average. But his play has been better than average.

I don't see how you can call him a bust.
It's really beyond me.
Not--------what---------we-----thought--------he-------would--------be.

Feign ignorance all you want, but it's just an opinion you don't want to hear when you get down to it.
Old 01-07-2013   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Feign ignorance all you want, but it's just an opinion you don't want to hear when you get down to it.
But Schaub is exactly what I thought he's going to be.

I had no idea you had such high hope for him? Since when?
Old 01-07-2013   #51
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
But Schaub is exactly what I thought he's going to be.

I had no idea you had such high hope for him? Since when?
I thought he would be better than this. Great? No. Capable to lead a worthy team? Sure, why not.

Kudos to you and about 1000 other folks on this board who call it after the fact and take credit for it when it's safe.

(This whole 'I called it' thing among posters is getting old. Noobs, you're the worst about that)
Old 01-07-2013   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
First off, Showtime, what do you think was the overall expectation before the season start?

It seems to range betwen 14-2 and 10-6 for a norm of around 12-4.
That should give the Texans a good chance to go deep into the play-offs if the team play even keel.

However, people didn't readjust for the loss of Cushing amongst a host of ofther injuries along the way.
It doesn't matter. If we get to week 16 at 12-2 with the #1 seed on the line, it seems the Super Bowl is well withing reach, it doesn't make sense to ask fans not to set their sights on New Orleans. Especially when we "know" we have a coach who says that's his goal, one of the best WRs to ever play the game, the best goal line back in recent history, & a guy having one of the best seasons of a defensive lineman ever.

If you weren't thinking Super Bowl, that's on you.

However, that shows me that we've got a pretty good coaching staff in place to deal with all that & have us in that position. Maybe not good enough to seal the deal, but good enough to put us in position.

The weakest 11-1 team in history, if you think about it, says a whole lot about our coaches.
Old 01-07-2013   #53
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:

Excuse me for butting into this conversation.

I'm not a Schaub fan, I've criticized him several times. I do not believe he is as good as the Schaub lovers would have you believe, however, I know he is not as bad as the Schaub haters would have us believe either.

I think he's far from an elite QB & he's far from a bust.

If you're of the thought that only an elite QB can get us to the Super Bowl, then you're not going to be happy with Matt Schaub. I get it.

Personally, I don't think you need an elite QB to win a Super Bowl. I do not think Eli Manning is elite, no matter how emphatically he differs.

Matt can & has played as well as Eli in the same short spurts that Eli has. I think Eli is tougher (I think Eli is the toughest QB I've seen play in a long time), but that's not really quantifiable. The Schaub lovers would definitely disagree but, whatever.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read