Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #161
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Schaub View Post
The Texans have a great chance of going far in the playoffs.

We just have to believe and have faith. We have the best coach in the league, and he has not once steered us wrong.
Old 01-06-2013   #162
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Unless Peyton Manning was willing to sign for the league minimum then there wasn't a chance in hell of him coming to Houston. We didn't even have the cap room to resign Winston, Briesel, and DeMeco Ryans. Did you want the Texans to cut even more quality players to go after Manning? Get rid of Foster, Brown, and probably a few other guys just to go after him? There was no realistic possibility of Manning come to Houston.
That's not true at all. There was a path to make a run at Peyton, but it needed to start the first minute of free agency.

Cutting/trading Schaub would have saved about 7.2 million in salary.
Cutting Walter would have saved 4.5 million at the time.
NOT cutting Demeco would have saved us about 3-4 million in salary this year as opposed to the dead money created AND he would still be on the team.
JJo could have restructured like he did this season to save about 3.66 million.
Cutting Winston freed up another 3-4 million.

It was possible for sure, but we didn't even attempt to get him, instead they chose to take the dead money this year for mistakes made in the past, and hope to use it on future players. Cutting or trading Schaub before the 2015 offseason is now unfeasible given his extension. Only avenue of an upgrade at QB is through the draft.
Old 01-06-2013   #163
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 17856 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
9 wins?

i say 6 at best.

he couldn't even beat a garbage 2-14 colts team without manning or luck.

he's not the answer. im sorry i don't see it. i'd say he looked worse than the rookies in this current draft class.
I never said Yates is the answer. I think he's as garbage as Schaub. Hell, last season I was hoping Kubiak let Jake Dellome start in the PA instead of Yates.
I don't even want Yates in our roster. As long as that guy is our backup QB Schaub's starting job will always be secure.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #164
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever side everyone is on, I think we can all agree...at least we don't have Mark Sanchez.

C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #165
Matt Schaub
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Matt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respectedMatt Schaub is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I never said Yates is the answer. I think he's as garbage as Schaub. Hell, last season I was hoping Kubiak let Jake Dellome start in the PA instead of Yates.
I don't even want Yates in our roster. As long as that guy is our backup QB Schaub's starting job will always be secure.

Matt Schaub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #166
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That's not true at all. There was a path to make a run at Peyton, but it needed to start the first minute of free agency.

NOT cutting Demeco would have saved us about 3-4 million in salary this year as opposed to the dead money created AND he would still be on the team.

It was possible for sure, but we didn't even attempt to get him, instead they chose to take the dead money this year for mistakes made in the past, and hope to use it on future players. Cutting or trading Schaub before the 2015 offseason is now unfeasible given his extension. Only avenue of an upgrade at QB is through the draft.
And Foster?
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #167
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
weve seen teams up against the cap every year manage to sign free agents. peyton got a deal that is essentially a one year deal, with guaranteed money up front.. and none of the money after year 1 being guaranteed... acrafty gm could hhave distributed the money differently and taken more of a risk. its clear manning neck/arm isnt an issue..
Wrong. Unless he is injured and can't pass a physical at the beginning of the new league year both years 2 and 3 are guaranteed at $20 mil per year.

Dutch - I am sorry but it is more than coming up with what could have been done to match 1st year salaries. The Texans would have had to clear 20% of their cap space for the next 5 years.
Old 01-06-2013   #168
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
Whatever side everyone is on, I think we can all agree...at least we don't have Mark Sanchez.

At least he can throw the ball more than 10'!
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #169
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Matt Schaub Remember when you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You sound patently stupid right now...

The only thing that has anything to do with accuracy in this post is what u say about schaub hanging someone out to dry..He had 1 throw where a guy was left out to dry...graham...where are these other "numerous" passes where he hung someone out to dry?

Also, 2 attempts past 10 yards has exactly what to do with accuracy?

50% YAC? Is that an official # or are u just talking out of your ass again?
And even if it was an official number, for those WR's to gain all that YAC, guess what? You've got to hit your WR's in stride or on point more often than not.

Of all the schaub haters, you're the 1 who makes the least sense...u should really stop posting..no really your posts are beyond terrible.
Oooo a challenge, I like this

Umm, the pass to AJ in the endzone was off target, he led him too much, Dre barely got his fingers on it.

The terrible throw that went for 6, the other way

In the 3rd quarter he over threw Aj down the sidelines by a mile, but we got lucky and had a holding call away from the play

Those are off the top my head, I bet if you break down film, theres more

2 attempts past 10 yards has to do with his ability to carry a team. He can't, hes a game manager, and nothing more.

The 50% of his yards are YAc is a very accurate stat, do some research. And it has nothing to do with hitting guys in stride when all your passes are less than 10 yards, its great scheming to get them wide freakin open.

Look, Schaub is a game manager and if the run game and defense are great, we win. Like Saturday. If they are point, Schaub won't carry us. Thats the only point us Schaub "haters" are trying to make, we think we need a new qb very soon because at some point the qb will have to drag us to a win, and Schaub can't do that
Old 01-06-2013   #170
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ok for the guy claiming to be Matt Schaub...

Please quit throwing the ball 3 yards short of the first down eveytime. Please quit acting like davd carr and checking it down on every pass.

Please quit folding up like a child every time a defender is 12 feet away from you. After u lay down they just walk up to you and touch your leg. It is really sad.

Most of all PLEASE quit making those crazy eyes. Your freaking me out man.

Now i know you are not really Matt Schaub but take these suggestions for what its worth incase you start a QB career on Madden one day.
Old 01-06-2013   #171
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok for the guy claiming to be Matt Schaub...

Trying not to be a grammar Nazi...

Back on topic, is there someone on the board claiming to be Schaub? Or is this post sarcastic in nature?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #172
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post

You need to walk me through this one Dutch; I think it's a whole more complicated than meet the eyes.

First, let sah we were able to trade Schaub, do we still have to spread the original signing bonus and the $10M option bonus from his fourth year and figure them into the cap hit?

Walter already had his salary cut to 2M in mid March, correct?

Keeping Demeco, and we still incur nearly $6M in salary and cap hit.
And he wouldn't happy in a reduced role.
Who knows, maybe they had a talk and both sides agreed that it's best for him to go to a 4-3 team.
Even if we had keep him, we will have a problem next year when his salary and cap hit increase.

Winston's salary is already accounted for.

I just don't see enough room for $18M.
Then if Manning passes the physical next year, it will trigger a salary of $20M guarantee the next two years (13 and 14).

I don't think it can work; and even if it does, it will put us in dire strait year after year.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #173
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Rep Power: 71089 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok for the guy claiming to be Matt Schaub...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Trying not to be a grammar Nazi...

Back on topic, is there someone on the board claiming to be Schaub? Or is this post sarcastic in nature?
Oh no there is a guy his name ironically is "Matt Schaub" go figure huh.

And i have to type all day at work and be proper the message board is a chance to half ass everything
Old 01-06-2013   #174
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Oooo a challenge, I like this

Umm, the pass to AJ in the endzone was off target, he led him too much, Dre barely got his fingers on it.

lol, it was an out route dre was supposed to run thru..AJ couldn't get off the jam at the LOS and the timing was thrown off mainly b/c of that...that has zero to do with schaub. Schaub couldn't hold the ball any longer than he actually did b/c he had a guy in his face...it was still an extremely catchable ball..AJ would be the first to tell u he should've caught that b/c it was most definitely in his catch radius.

The terrible throw that went for 6, the other way

bad decision and great play by hall moreso than an accuracy issue.

In the 3rd quarter he over threw Aj down the sidelines by a mile, but we got lucky and had a holding call away from the play

lol, if AJ isn't impeded by the cb, AJ's got a shot at that ball...

Those are off the top my head, I bet if you break down film, theres more

2 attempts past 10 yards has to do with his ability to carry a team. He can't, hes a game manager, and nothing more.

that's not what your post was about, it was about accuracy...u can't even stay on point about your own posts..aside from that, WTF does that have to do with schaub? He doesnt call the plays.

The 50% of his yards are YAc is a very accurate stat, do some research. And it has nothing to do with hitting guys in stride when all your passes are less than 10 yards, its great scheming to get them wide freakin open.

oh, so now we're giving the great kubiak props for laying down a great scheme for schaub to play in? Your hate knows no bounds.....so why then did our great scheme not show up last year for yates when our ppg fell to like 17 ppg once schaub went out? why did rex grossman look like a clown when he got his chance to play in this great scheme here and in washington? aside from that, your statement makes zero sense and further shows that you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Look, Schaub is a game manager and if the run game and defense are great, we win. Like Saturday. If they are point, Schaub won't carry us. Thats the only point us Schaub "haters" are trying to make, we think we need a new qb very soon because at some point the qb will have to drag us to a win, and Schaub can't do that

This is what i want you to do before the next time you post. I want you to go watch some other qb's for an entire game that you deem better than schaub that aren't the elite qb's in the league. I want you to see how many passes that they put right in the bread basket of the WR and how many passes the WR has to adjust for; where they're either jumping up for, slowing down for, laying out for, going to the ground for. i guarantee u you will find at least the same amount of "inaccurate" passes if not more from each qb in these games b/c none of these guys r perfect.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #175
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
I thought we were scoring 27 ppg last year, because Schaub was more than a game manager. We figured we could win with Leinart, because he would only have to be a game manager. Yates came in & managed the game to 16 ppg.

Most of us..... I'm guessing not you, was convinced if Schaub were playing (& not the game manager) we would have beat the Ravens (because we averaged 27 ppg & our defense played better because Matt kept the other team off the field) & the way the Pats played in the AFCCG, there was little doubt here that Matt would have beat them as well.

When did Matt become a "game manager" ?
Old 01-06-2013   #176
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I thought we were scoring 27 ppg last year, because Schaub was more than a game manager. We figured we could win with Leinart, because he would only have to be a game manager. Yates came in & managed the game to 16 ppg.

Most of us..... I'm guessing not you, was convinced if Schaub were playing (& not the game manager) we would have beat the Ravens (because we averaged 27 ppg & our defense played better because Matt kept the other team off the field) & the way the Pats played in the AFCCG, there was little doubt here that Matt would have beat them as well.

When did Matt become a "game manager" ?
After he hurt his foot
Old 01-06-2013   #177
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 104376 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did the "The Ask Matt Schaub Thread" get locked? That was some good stuff going on there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #178
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
lol, if AJ isn't impeded by the cb, AJ's got a shot at that ball...
Good play by the CB; the pass was spot on if AJ was able to gain the advantage there; and I mean SPOT ON.

Also, Schaub threw a pass that O.D. could have caught for a first down (but he dropped the ball) with pressure on.

Another pass to O.D. was also with pressure on, but the LB Burfict commited a PI.
We got the PI, but Schaub was without another completion for 11 yards under pressure.

Obviously, we've already talked about how Wade Smith got beat badly on that pass that Schaub threw just off AJ's fingertips in the end zone.

Stating that Schaub was all over the place was simply incorrect.
Old 01-06-2013   #179
76Texan
Hall of Fame

The INT was a bad throw, that's for sure.

However, I remember somebody thought Schaub could have gone to Walter deeper. I say no can do. If Schaub held up and waited for Walter to make the cut, a DT would have been right on him from the back side (splitting Newton and Foster.)
Old 01-06-2013   #180
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
The INT was a bad throw, that's for sure.

However, I remember somebody thought Schaub could have gone to Walter deeper. I say no can do. If Schaub held up and waited for Walter to make the cut, a DT would have been right on him from the back side (splitting Newton and Foster.)
Not to mention the FS was in play to intercept...we also dont know schaub's read progression.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read