Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #21
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: offensive line was huge

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
so what changed with the o-line?
what was the secret to them turning up for todays game?
did arian take back the segways?
I think the play calling was a little more creative for one. Kubes finally threw in some tendancy breakers.

I'm not ready to truly embrace my rope-a-dope theory just yet, but maybe they were keeping things close to the vest. I would have put everything out on the tables against the Vikes, and the Colts the last two games for home field advantage, but maybe the coaches feel film is more important than location. Maybe the last 4 weeks were propaganda, then again maybe it was just a horrible slump for an offense that has played pretty damn well for 4 years overall (Although inconsistency isnt anything new to the Houston Offense under Kubes.)
Old 01-06-2013   #22
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I think the play calling was a little more creative for one. Kubes finally threw in some tendancy breakers.

I'm not ready to truly embrace my rope-a-dope theory just yet, but maybe they were keeping things close to the vest. I would have put everything out on the tables against the Vikes, and the Colts the last two games for home field advantage, but maybe the coaches feel film is more important than location. Maybe the last 4 weeks were propaganda, then again maybe it was just a horrible slump for an offense that has played pretty damn well for 4 years overall (Although inconsistency isnt anything new to the Houston Offense under Kubes.)
play calling was really good on both sides. on the offense, things like the reverse was really good plus that play with casey were realy good.

also on the d, cincy didn't know when the texans were going to blitz and the backs were swarming green.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #23
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13530 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
so what changed with the o-line?
what was the secret to them turning up for todays game?
did arian take back the segways?
The play calling was almost exactly the same aside from the reverse and the pitches. The biggest difference was the players executed. They won their individual battles whereas previously they were not.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #24
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
The play calling was almost exactly the same aside from the reverse and the pitches. The biggest difference was the players executed. They won their individual battles whereas previously they were not.
yes, but when things are not exucuted, you need to make adjustments....that's the beef i have with kubiak.
Old 01-06-2013   #25
legacy_gt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Offensive lines are supposed to be huge ... they eat a lot.
what's that commercial with all the texans eating those burgers? heb?
Old 01-06-2013   #26
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have found you will not get through to the sissy ass no good girly fans that post on this Board. Seems weve had to much influx of Clutch Fans. That being said this O line was Huge and you know Watt they did? They won a playoff game knumbskulls. Yeppers a real live playoff game. So put on your Make Up ladies we got another one to win and the fat lady aint singing
Old 01-06-2013   #27
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Interesting. I'm seeing Jones get better & better, I don't think we brought him in to play guard, but I don't see him not playing into the future. I think that's his spot to lose & to me, it looks like he's playing well below his ceiling, meaning he's going to get a lot better.

Newton on the other hand, I think we're probably seeing the best he has to offer, or pretty close. I can see an upgrade coming at that position.
Fiddler I respect your POV but how in the world do you say that about Newton? Based on what? He seemed to be moving better maybe due to knee being better? He looked way better than Brooks and Jones and playing a much more difficult and significant position.
Old 01-06-2013   #28
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Fiddler I respect your POV but how in the world do you say that about Newton? Based on what? He seemed to be moving better maybe due to knee being better? He looked way better than Brooks and Jones and playing a much more difficult and significant position.
In all honesty, I forgot about his knee.
Old 01-06-2013   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Cool, Newton has won me over from being his biggest critic in pre-season. His 17 snaps did not show me much & I was pulling for another OT. I joking referred to Derek as "Fig" but he kept getting props from Kubiak and watching him play verses Butler, he won me over. He is basically playing as a rookie.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read