Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #121
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Matt Schaub Remember when you said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
idgaf what you do guy. you can put me on ignore. your defend schaub at all costs **** gets old quick. many of us have been wanting to get rid of this guy for years now, this is nothing new.. but fine schaubs pass to andre in the endzone was a precise pass that other wrs make all the time, 76543 times today. **** it lets draft a new wr who can make that catch..
Im not defending him at all costs...i just wont make up **** or revise history and overplay my hand to make him out to be worse than he really is like u some of u guys. Honestly, there's no need to do that.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #122
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 156011 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: All Encompassing Matt Schaub Thread

We can't have an All Encompassing Schaub thread without some play design breakdown.

Normal zone bootleg:

Schaub's bootleg:

Old 01-06-2013   #123
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
4 years later and our window is closed you still wont get it..
when that happens, then we can go all in on trying to find that elite qb.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #124
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
What does 76% worth when you only have 1 TD drives and the rest FG's to show for. What does 76% worth when our defense dominated but they were still one big play away from winning that game?
If we are using that logic, Houston was 1 or 2 opportunities from winning by blowout.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #125
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 8496 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
We can't have an All Encompassing Schaub thread without some play design breakdown.

Normal zone bootleg:

Schaub's bootleg:

Ha Ha!
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #126
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13099 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
when that happens, then we can go all in on trying to find that elite qb
Yup. Especially since they're so easily found. I mean everyone has at least a great QB except us, right? Can't wait to have a QB that runs - look what it did for the Panthers!
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #127
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I am just confused as to what the Schaub haters want. Is Houston supposed to run out and draft a rookie because there were 3 rookies that did well this year? What about all the other years where rookies didn't pan out? Serious questions here.
Old 01-06-2013   #128
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Yup. Especially since they're so easily found. I mean everyone has at least a great QB except us, right? Can't wait to have a QB that runs - look what it did for the Panthers!
And the colts today
And the redskins today
And the eagles this year
Old 01-06-2013   #129
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
I know it's only one play but the more I study that particular play the more I'm convinced Schaub is a one-read QB. There were only three receivers out on that route, the rest stayed to block giving him max protect upfront. And yet he totally ignored Walter when he realized AJ was covered underneath and opted to throw to the one guy that shouldn't be thrown to unless he was under great duress in the pocket.

http://imageshack.us/a/img99/1356/schaubint.png
The way it's supposed to work, is that Schaub already knows where his guys are going. What he doesn't know, is where the defenders are going. So what they generally do is key off a guy or two on the defense.

It looks like Walter is about to break to the outside, but for all we know he's trying to get that safety to move outside so he can cut back in. So maybe (& I don't know any more than you do so I'm saying maybe) Schaub is watching that safety & since he knows that safety isn't moving, KDub is already out of the equation. Not only is there a safety on top, but a LB underneath. That would be a difficult throw, over the LB in front of the safety.

When you break down our defenses, try to find an instance when our LBs get that deep & stay shaded that close towards the receiver. (there are times when getting that deep isn't required, down & distance & the route combination should be your guide). He's got his eyes on the QB, but he sees (or "feels") Walter out of the corner of his eye.

That guy playing on top of Andre is not the guy Schaub should be looking at. Instead, it's that LB between Schaub & Andre. If Andre is to turn out, towards the sideline, he's open. If he turns inside (which it looks like he is) then he's not. Being that Andre is a gifted athlete, it's possible to throw the ball high & give him a chance to make a play. But that LB is so deep, even that would be a difficult throw (if Andrew was to break inside).

The picture you have doesn't really show it, but if you look at the motion of the defenders, they're already moving in the direction of the throw. Meaning the already know where he's going with the ball. Most likely because he patted the ball, or he reset his feet in that direction (which is what makes a 3, 5, 7 step drop so effective, your feet are trained to point where your eyes are looking when your last step drops & defenses don't have time to react). But that's why the ball was intercepted, he was late on the throw. He had somehow or another signaled where he was going & allowed the defense to react before the ball left his hand.

Old 01-06-2013   #130
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

the problem is you guys think the only possible upgrade is an elite qb... you seem to think that any option replacing schaub, at best, is a lateral move.
Old 01-06-2013   #131
C Madd
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
And the colts today
And the redskins today
And the eagles this year
Don't forget Browns, Dolphins, Cardinals.

Last year Titans, Jacksonville, Minnesota.
Old 01-06-2013   #132
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If both of these QBs are rookies, what does that make Schaub?

Quote:
i would take all those guys over schaub except Young...

its the SYSTEM, no reason those guys couldnt run this system..

EDIT maybe not RYAN, hes showed a tendency to be an absolute ***** come playoff time..
I'm sure you would. However, the point is that the NFL was very excited about all of these guys at one time, but to date they've all disappointed. Luck, Wilson, Griffith, they all look good right now, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tannehill ends up being the most successful of them all.
Old 01-06-2013   #133
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
the problem is you guys think the only possible upgrade is an elite qb... you seem to think that any option moving forward, at best, is a lateral move.
and the problem is you seem to think the texans can get any qb they want at a snap of a finger.

hey flacco is better than schaub right?

texans: hey ravens give me flacco.

ravens: ok.

sorry but it doesn't work like that

you also seem to think any unamed rookie texans draft will lead the texans to a super bowl victory.
Old 01-06-2013   #134
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
the problem is you guys think the only possible upgrade is an elite qb... you seem to think that any option moving forward, at best, is a lateral move.
Well wouldn't that be the point of switching qbs? I mean if u guys consider schaub a game manager, what would be the point of switching to another game manager? Game managers are considered game managers b/c there's something about their game that isnt good....its usually a problem they have with the passing game.
Old 01-06-2013   #135
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post

you also seem to think any unamed rookie will lead the texans to a super bowl victory.
i dont think that at all, im just positive schaub will never lead the texans to a superbowl victory. so lets cut the bull****..

Quote:
and the problem is you seem to think the texans can get any qb they want at a snap of a finger.

hey flacco is better than schaub right?

texans: hey ravens give me flacco.

ravens: ok.

sorry but it doesn't work like that
oh it doesnt?? because before you said that i thought thats how it worked. i thought the rest of the nfl was at the Texans disposal... dude stfu, i dont live in a fantasy land so foh with your condescending remarks. i know an elite qb was available last off-season and the texans dismissed the idea of kicking the tires.. theyre content with this loser..
Old 01-06-2013   #136
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
the game that was sealed by a GREAT play by the TE, one even Matt was surprised he caught

The question is, what game were YOU watching
If we handicap New England's receivers, including TEs, to not make GREAT catches next week, I'll bet the house on the Texans. No tipping the ball to themselves, no one handed catches, no elevating above the defenders. If Brady doesn't lay it perfectly in their hands, they are not allowed to catch the ball....

I'll take the Texans every time.

Tell you what, how about something that makes more sense. I'll bet you whatever you want, that the Patriot TEs will make more GREAT catches than our TEs.
Old 01-06-2013   #137
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
i dont think that at all, im just positive schaub will never lead the texans to a superbowl victory. so lets cut the bull****..
that may be the case.

but i'd rather build the team to get better with what we have now than to go back to the 2-14 dark ages off a prayer.

that's for desperate teams with nothing to lose. i just don't feel the texans are there just yet, even if we lose to the patriots.
Old 01-06-2013   #138
Premier
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
If we handicap New England's receivers, including TEs, to not make GREAT catches next week, I'll bet the house on the Texans. No tipping the ball to themselves, no one handed catches, no elevating above the defenders. If Brady doesn't lay it perfectly in their hands, they are not allowed to catch the ball....

I'll take the Texans every time.

Tell you what, how about something that makes more sense. I'll bet you whatever you want, that the Patriot TEs will make more GREAT catches than our TEs.
yea and i bet their TEs will be heavily blanketed when they make those amazing catches and when our TEs make incredible catches they will be wide open.. thats the difference..
Old 01-06-2013   #139
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
lol this system isnt about legit #2 receivers, they will continue to use mid to late rounders for the o-line. do you want 5 all pros to help schaub?? smfh the o-line was good enough to go 11-1, now we desperately need to draft stud tackles and guards with 1st round picks..
Am I the only one who sees the irony here?
Old 01-06-2013   #140
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Quote:
i dont live in a fantasy land
actually you do because you're calling to replace schaub with no plan.

just, REPLACE SCHAUB!!!!!!!!!!

you haven't even named a qb you want to draft or a free agent qb available coming up that we should go after.

just hypotheticals.

funny thing is i'm actually open to grooming a qb to replace schaub for the future.

and a wr for when aj slows down.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read