Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #1
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 12391 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Why? - OL rotation and Keo

Why is the right side of the offensive line still splitting time? I dont understand how the line will build continuity when they are coming in and out of the game. Brooks had a stupid ass holding penalty inside the 10 that killed what should have been an easy TD. I really hope they don't employ this philosophy next week, and I would be thrilled if somebody would ask Gary this directly at the presser today or tomorrow.

Why was/is/will Shiloh Keo be involved in the secondary rotation allowing him to kill us in coverage? I heard Mayock insinuate something that Keo was getting significant playing time due to some kind of disciplinary action on Demps? Can anyone verify this? You would think that Gary would be a little more creative with his discipline come playoff time instead of throwing a guy out there who could potentially cost this team a victory.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #2
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74123 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why?

Did you see those 2 long TD passes to TY Hilton by Luck? Those were both all over Demps. I was hoping Pleasant would be getting some PT personally.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #3
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 173360 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Because it takes 2 Guards & 2 Tackles from the current roster to replace Brisiel & Winston. (Mostly Winston.)

2) Demps is in Wade's doghouse.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

These coaches need to stop building doghouses.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #5
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
These coaches need to stop building doghouses.
Demps gave up some huge plays. Keo, outside of that one PI call, seemed to do a good job in coverage against the Bengals. I was just fine with Houston not giving up 70 yard bombs yesterday.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #6
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 53440 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do people start threads with non descriptive titles?
Old 01-06-2013   #7
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Rep Power: 12391 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

why do people need descriptive thread titles? Too hard to run your cursor over the title and get the gist of what OP had in mind?
Old 01-06-2013   #8
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

i can understand demps getting burnt, but for the most part this year he's been solid, and i would guess he's just overall a better player than shiloh keo.

gotta dance with who brung ya, no?
Old 01-06-2013   #9
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
i can understand demps getting burnt, but for the most part this year he's been solid, and i would guess he's just overall a better player than shiloh keo.

If the person "who brung ya" is giving up huge plays and your team is in a losing streak? No.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #10
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Why so many doghouses What are we running a kennel here ????? LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #11
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
If the person "who brung ya" is giving up huge plays and your team is in a losing streak? No.
correct, i agree. luckily for us, fans the team won yesterday. my concern stems from the passing attack we will be seeing out there next week, and brady WILL find where Keo is on the field and expose him. I'd rather have a superior athlete out there, I feel he would give us a better chance.
Old 01-06-2013   #12
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 32528 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why is the right side of the offensive line still splitting time? I dont understand how the line will build continuity when they are coming in and out of the game.
I think that's a valid question. I mean unless there's a fatigue issue with the starter, why sub him because if he's the starter that means he's atleast as good as anybody else on the roster at his position.
And on another potential "doghouse" subject, anybody know who that was who got us the offside penalty on the KO ?
IDEXAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 223543 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
why do people need descriptive thread titles? Too hard to run your cursor over the title and get the gist of what OP had in mind?
Just be polite and not so freaking lazy so people can see what the thread is about.
Old 01-06-2013   #14
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why? - OL rotation and Keo

the oline being rotated is giving away what plays we are running.

Kubiak favors certain linemen for either running or passing plays and its showing defenses what play is coming hence the predictability concern the offense is showing.

If i can see it,

trust me, the greatest coach of all time is seeing it.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #15
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

I dont know why I feel like I live in China right now, but i do.
Old 01-06-2013   #16
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

We wouldn't have been playing this weekend if Demps was doing his job. Well, our chances would have been better anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
the oline being rotated is giving away what plays we are running.

Kubiak favors certain linemen for either running or passing plays and its showing defenses what play is coming hence the predictability concern the offense is showing.

If i can see it,

trust me, the greatest coach of all time is seeing it.
You do know they are rotated by series right? The guy who starts the series plays all the way through. They don't change them out between downs...... say if we want to run to the right we'll put Brooks in. That's not the way it goes.

If Brooks & Harris is playing, Brooks & Harris will play until the offense scores or fails to convert a third down.
Old 01-06-2013   #17
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3006 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not much of a Keo fan. Didn't we bring back Troy Nolan recently? I'd like to see him out there before Keo. Unless, he was released again.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #18
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
I'm not much of a Keo fan. Didn't we bring back Troy Nolan recently? I'd like to see him out there before Keo. Unless, he was released again.
He was released a few weeks ago.
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #19
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 223543 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
You do know they are rotated by series right? The guy who starts the series plays all the way through. They don't change them out between downs...... say if we want to run to the right we'll put Brooks in. That's not the way it goes.
Jules is running around posting out his posterior as if he is super coach.

It's real popular when people aren't happy to start claiming they know every play and know every problem.
Old 01-06-2013   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 100513 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont know why I feel like I live in China right now, but i do.
Yes, you are so persecuted. Thread topics in the title help elevate redundant threads.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read