Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #301
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6870 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Nope. You must be thinking about the Chicago game.
Could very well be. thanks
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #302
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
It was tongue in cheek and I pride myself on only being the second most idiotic poster on this board. Did think it was funny during the game that Matt looked the happiest I have seen him during a game while they were peeling Garrett off the turf. Lol.

Always the most positive. The only thing matt could ever do that you would see as a positive is die.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #303
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
I'm happy about the win but I noticed yesterday that while I was pumped at the bar, leading chants on chairs as normal and whatnot, it still just didn't FEEL the same as last year. I find that today while yes I am happy about the win, I don't think I'll be squirting with excitement until I see this team win against an elite team, which they won't have the chance to do until next week.

A win next week and truly IMO we will all be one happy family again. Otherwise, it will be more the same with the people on the satisfied with staying pat crowd and possibly still an expansion franchise mentality and those who actually have higher expectations and see what has happened with open eyes.

Until then, you'll see no bitching from me, GO TEXANS!

Of course its not gonna feel the same as last year...last year was the first time we'd been in the playoffs....

You guys are just looking for reasons to believe....i get it, but if you never OD'ed on the koolaid in the 1st place, you'd be able to enjoy this win alot more..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #304
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Of course its not gonna feel the same as last year...last year was the first time we'd been in the playoffs....

You guys are just looking for reasons to believe....i get it, but if you never OD'ed on the koolaid in the 1st place, you'd be able to enjoy this win alot more..
Yeah no....that's not the reason man....wish it was but it's obviously not....last few games of the season, etc., etc..... well at this point it's all been hashed out and you either see it or don't. Hoping for a win next week!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #305
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm happy about the win but I noticed yesterday that while I was pumped at the bar, leading chants on chairs as normal and whatnot, it still just didn't FEEL the same as last year. I find that today while yes I am happy about the win, I don't think I'll be squirting with excitement until I see this team win against an elite team, which they won't have the chance to do until next week.

A win next week and truly IMO we will all be one happy family again. Otherwise, it will be more the same with the people on the satisfied with staying pat crowd and possibly still an expansion franchise mentality and those who actually have higher expectations and see what has happened with open eyes.

Until then, you'll see no bitching from me, GO TEXANS!

Like it or not we are in a better spot this year than last. All the Schaub haters can ***** and moan but he is our best option. He has the ability to have a great game, Yates does not. Cheer up and let's hope out boys gear up to play as 10 point dogs
Old 01-06-2013   #306
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah no....that's not the reason man....wish it was but it's obviously not....last few games of the season, etc., etc..... well at this point it's all been hashed out and you either see it or don't. Hoping for a win next week!

Did you watch the end of the season last year? How about the first playoff game?
Old 01-06-2013   #307
BeerTastesLikeVictory
Custom Title

Rep Power: 31195 BeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respectedBeerTastesLikeVictory is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think I'll be squirting with excitement
I don't think anyone wants to see this happen.

*Sig by False Start*
"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye
BeerTastesLikeVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #308
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerTastesLikeVictory View Post
I don't think anyone wants to see this happen.
Hahaha....I'm a poet with my wording!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
Old 01-06-2013   #309
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Did you watch the end of the season last year? How about the first playoff game?
I sure did....you are talking about that 5th round rookie QB who as you correctly stated is not as good as Schaub but guided the Texans to the playoffs and our first playoff W. Now, that in mind, we have the epic FAIL that was the end of this season...

I'm not trying to ***** at this point and trying to be more positive which is not my normal personality as it is but don't tee easy ones like that up for me man lol.

Old 01-06-2013   #310
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I sure did....you are talking about that 5th round rookie QB who as you correctly stated is not as good as Schaub but guided the Texans to the playoffs and our first playoff W. Now, that in mind, we have the epic FAIL that was the end of this season...

I'm not trying to ***** at this point and trying to be more positive which is not my normal personality as it is but don't tee easy ones like that up for me man lol.

Sorry it wasn't Yates that guided us to the playoffs last year but rather the work Schaub put in before he went down that got us in. I guess you forgot that we lost our last three games last year heading into the playoffs, The team scored 10 ppg less with Yates and in his first playoff game he had a comp rate of 55% on just 20 attempts. He did get a td but so did watt and foster hung 2. It seems many of you have a revisionist memory of what was happening last year.
Old 01-06-2013   #311
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope someone just drills Brady early. That's the only way to knock their O. Gotta hit him. Offensively no fgs only tds. I still hope for the best
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #312
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modest View Post
This is awesome.
Thanks. I wrote it originally for DTE but it just really seemed to fit here.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #313
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Thanks. I wrote it originally for DTE but it just really seemed to fit here.

Mike
Yeah, except it doesn't "really" fit here.

I'll go with Herv on this one, his image response to your post sums it up for me.
Old 01-06-2013   #314
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Crap we play Sunday late. Man gotta wait all weekend
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #315
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
The hell with this still not happy doom and gloom. The Texans won a playoff game today!

i this gif for some reason lol
Old 01-06-2013   #316
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Crap we play Sunday late. Man gotta wait all weekend
Wait for what? You already know the result, so why not plan your day accordingly and make better use of the time?
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #317
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Wait for what? You already know the result, so why not plan your day accordingly and make better use of the time?
So, you're such a big fan you won't bother, knowing in your mind the result is a loss?
Old 01-06-2013   #318
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
So, you're such a big fan you won't bother, knowing in your mind the result is a loss?
I have no idea what the result will be, which is precisely why I watch.

Something about 'paper champions' and all...
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #319
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 110127 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
I have no idea what the result will be, which is precisely why I watch.

Something about 'paper champions' and all...
Roger wilco. I'm hoping. I'm already thinking about it this way, if Houston goes to Baaaston and wins, what a monumental freaking awesome win it will be...lol.

Oilers won in Miami
Oilers won in San Diego

Could happen, in fact it just might.

(God, that's uninspiring)..
Old 01-06-2013   #320
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69969 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Yeah, except it doesn't "really" fit here.

I'll go with Herv on this one, his image response to your post sums it up for me.
If your response is to do that then....

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read