Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #41
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 3842 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Dalton had already lost the ball with all but his finger-tips when decided to pretend he was throwing it. Regarding the tuck-rule play, it's either a fumble, or Brady should be called for intentional grounding for throwing the ball down at his own left hand...
How do you call intentional grounding when the QBs arm is hit by the defense?

Thats a new one.
Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #42
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 3842 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
They do this every week.
The NFL hates Houston and Cleveland.
Old 01-06-2013   #43
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

The refs are already out to screw us. Did you see the Indy fumble reversed?
Old 01-06-2013   #44
Pats
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
You go ahead and keep telling yourself it was a fumble, and maybe some day you'll actually believe it too.
I dont need to.

I know the rules and that pass was incomplete.
Old 01-06-2013   #45
The Medic01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1876 The Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Medic01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
I dont need to.

I know the rules and that pass was incomplete.
I wouldn't expect a Pats fan to admit it. However everyone but pats fans realize that it was the wrong call. And the refs have been on the Pats side for years now. I a Pats player complains enough he will get the call 90%of the time.
The Medic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #46
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
I wouldn't expect a Pats fan to admit it. However everyone but pats fans realize that it was the wrong call. And the refs have been on the Pats side for years now. I a Pats player complains enough he will get the call 90%of the time.
Yawn. I'm glad all Texans fans aren't like this.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #47
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
How do you call intentional grounding when the QBs arm is hit by the defense?

Thats a new one.
You can't throw a ball down after your arm is hit? All these guys have to do is throw the ball anywhere from a half centimeter in front of them to infinity forward if they have lost complete control of it and it's called an incomplete pass. If passes were allowed past the LOS, nobody would ever fumble again; you'd just have forward passes to phantom, "oh, there was s'posed to be a guy there" receivers.

Besides that, in answer to your question, I don't. I call it a fumble, unless the arm was moving forward BEFORE it was hit AND the QB was throwing to a receiver and not at his own left hand.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #48
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

This should be the height of comedy ref wise next week. But hey, hopefully the Texans put up a big lead and it won't matter and we get to the finish line.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #49
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 75355 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
This should be the height of comedy ref wise next week. But hey, hopefully the Texans put up a big lead and it won't matter and we get to the finish line.
Far more likely is the Pats put of a big lead fast and the refs don't need to help them.

Old 01-06-2013   #50
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Ya know, they do put the refs in stripes, kinda like caught criminals, LOL.

Last edited by HJam72; 01-06-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-06-2013   #51
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7154 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The ''media'' teams and the ''media'' players (Manning,Brady,etc) always get what they want.
Old 01-06-2013   #52
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91871 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Medic01 View Post
Pats fans don't like to acknowledge the asterisk on their helmets, they like to pretend it is a star.

Anyone that has been watching football for any length of time knows Brady fumbled the ball on that snowy New England night. He "tucked" the ball when he put his second hand on it and brought it to his chest. He knew he fumbled, and even admitted as much after the game. He then made a joke out of the call later. It has since become known as one of the worst if not the worst call in NFL history. End of story.
Old 01-06-2013   #53
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Well, it's not just the Pats. In fact, I wouldn't doubt the Giants getting some special cooking against the Pats in a couple of SBs, but I didn't follow close enough to know.

Old 01-06-2013   #54
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2845 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
The NFL is the sport where television ratings are least influenced by having the right cities and right match ups. Not saying that it does not matter at all, but the NFL gets it ratings.
refs can only do so much, if texans play clean football nothing refs can do..
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #55
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22044 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Pats fans don't like to acknowledge the asterisk on their helmets, they like to pretend it is a star.

Anyone that has been watching football for any length of time knows Brady fumbled the ball on that snowy New England night. He "tucked" the ball when he put his second hand on it and brought it to his chest. He knew he fumbled, and even admitted as much after the game. He then made a joke out of the call later. It has since become known as one of the worst if not the worst call in NFL history. End of story.
can someone please reset my +rep limit coz its suspended for 24hrs n i need to +rep this guy 1,000x !!!!
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #56
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Who bought his wife and why can't they be my buddy?

Old 01-06-2013   #57
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Let me quote my post since you seem to want to ignore it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modest View Post

1. Fault the rule, not the call. According to the rule, it was called correctly.
2. The same rule was called AGAINST the Patriots that season against the division rival Jets and in turn cost us a win.
3. I am oh so tired of hearing that when that call was made, that the Raiders lost the game by default. Nothing else happened after that call. All that happened was that call.

The fact we were playing in a blizzard is ignored. The fact that the drive after the tuck rule call was only to tie the game so we could go into OT is ignored. The fact that in OT, Brady went a perfect 8 for 8 and Vinetari kicked a game winning FG -IN A BLIZZARD- is ignored.

4. As far as I'm concerned, that call still doesn't make up for how the Patriots were robbed against the Raiders in the 1976 Divisional playoffs. Thats right. These two teams have been involved in another top 10 most controversial calls of all time- and this time the call went the Raiders way- and they in turn went on to win the Superbowl. Watch and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jln47i31ps

I did have the original version of this when it made the top 10 series the NFL Network runs occasionally but apparently the NFL copy wright nazis have deleted it.

After that debacle that happened on Thanksgiving with Forsett against the Lions, I'm surprised you're so vocal about a call that happened over a decade ago.

Oh and back on topic- heres to a great injury free game Texans.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #58
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Convincing us the Pats used to get screwed a long time ago, does not give me any more faith in the innocence of the NFL. Nobody's saying the Pats have always been "favored." Some day the Texans might be "favored" because of who knows what story or QB. I just don't like the refs favoring anybody in the first place. If they're going to run it like the WWF, they need to admit it so all us suckers can waist our time on something else.

Old 01-06-2013   #59
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91871 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Convincing us the Pats used to get screwed a long time ago, does not give me any more faith in the innocence of the NFL. Nobody's saying the Pats have always been "favored." Some day the Texans might be "favored" because of who knows what story or QB. I just don't like the refs favoring anybody in the first place. If they're going to run it like the WWF, they need to admit it so all us suckers can waist our time on something else.
I just hate seeing biased refs officiate games they have no business officiating. For instance, when Mike Carey officiates a SD Charger game, or Larry Nemers a KC Chiefs game, etc. The League just shouldn't have refs officiating hometown games; I don't care how much they save on travel costs.

I still say the replacement refs were no worse than the part-time refs the NFL currently employs. I also believe the refs should be available to the media to answer for blown calls and poorly officiated games. Don't like the fact the NFL controls that aspect, in the sense they fine players, coaches and team personnel, for publicly criticizing poor officiating, and they also control media access to the games for both those that support and oppose them. They make it to where their pawns/refs are beyond reproach.
Old 01-06-2013   #60
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by klockWork View Post
As a Texans fan I'm embarrassed to be part of a forum where so many members are already fishing for excuses on a game that hasn't play yet. I hope the Texans players don't share y'all mindset or we will surely lose this game.

Yup
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read