Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-22-2005   #1
Texizgreat
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Texizgreat Send a message via Yahoo to Texizgreat
Default Anyone wanna Guess....

At how many Sunday or monday night games we get next year....much less Turkey day at Dallas.....

we will get one when so sad
Texizgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #2
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat
At how many Sunday or monday night games we get next year....much less Turkey day at Dallas.....

silly question! NONE!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #3
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

well we got em this year, but the organization pissed away our best run stuffers.
Old 11-22-2005   #4
bigcarlos
Veteran

Maybe in a few years
bigcarlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #5
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

The Cowboys game will probably be a national, whether it be a night or late afternoon.
After that, I highly doubt we get anything. BUT, I wondered the other day if we drafted a player like Reggie Bush or Matt Leinart, they have a tremendous Los Angeles following that the networks may just allow for another national game.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #6
Bullpen Drew
All Pro

If anything they will give us a time slot on Comedy Central so everyone can laugh at us!

BTW, Try the Bullpen Drew BBQ joint! Our motto...

"Nobody beats my meat!"
Bullpen Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #7
ojthecat
Veteran

I think it all depends who our new coach is. If we land someone with star power like Jimmy Johnson we might get a Sunday night game.
Old 11-22-2005   #8
College Texan
Veteran

Next year we will have 1 MNF game. New coach, new GM, top pick, can't miss FA, a clean house, I think we get one.
College Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #9
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think it depends on who we get as our coach and what moves we make in the offseason. In all likelihood, we get none next year. In fact, I think the networks will be skeptical about us until we make a playoff run.
Old 11-22-2005   #10
touttail
All Pro

We will probably get a national TV game next year. Otherwise what would they have to laugh at if the Texans weren't on?

bobby 119C:brickwall
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #11
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think each team has to have a nationally televised game. I think, im probably wrong.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #12
BattleRedGuy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I think each team has to have a nationally televised game. I think, im probably wrong.
Close. A minimum of once every two years.

With that, we get none next year. We had our chance.
BattleRedGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #13
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 45478 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't they change to a floating schedule next year for Sunday night games?? If so, all we gotta do is win baby.
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I predict all 12:00 noon games next year.

Although, like Speedy mentioned, if we win they could move us up to a primetime game after November 11. It's possible!
Old 11-23-2005   #15
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedGuy
Close. A minimum of once every two years.

With that, we get none next year. We had our chance.
Thanks for the info.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #16
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well we can rule out playing Dallas on Thanksgiving. This year the 'Girls play Denver tomorrow, so next year they will play an NFC team, while Detroit hosts an AFC team.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #17
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

I think/hope they'd put our game against the Cowboys on national TV
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #18
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texizgreat

Does it really matter?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read