Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #21
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If the Texans get crushed next week @ Patriots, will that spark any changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Look at that team that's flying home tonight. Under Marvin Lewis, they are 0-4 in the play-offs. He's been the head coach of he Cincinnati Bengals since 2003, he's done just about everything you guys want Gary Kubiak to do. He's got a good (great) defensive coordinator. He's had two QBs that most of you would have taken over Schaub at some point. He's had high scoring offenses, he's had grinding offenses, he's had top 10 defenses, he's been very active in Free Agency.
He also got Jason Allen.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #22
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 91628 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If the Texans get crushed next week @ Patriots, will that spark any changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWin View Post
As an Aggie, this would be amazing
Although, I do question his arm strength and accuracy as a pocket passer. But his elusiveness and pocket presence are already lightyears ahead of Schaub ha

And yes I'd say the last decade being a Houston sports fan has made me a glass half empty kind of fan...
Pocket presence? Really? Dude Em needs a hand with analysis... You should call him.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Say the Patriots win 45-19
Say Schaub goes 22/40 with 220 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs
Say Kubiak played conservative as hell, and kicked FGs while Brady scored TDs

Would there be any changes? No way management could find this season to really be a positive... if anything, it's the same as last season and maybe even worse because last season we had a rookie backup take us through the end.

If it were Pats today, all of those FGs we kicked would've been against TD passes from Brady and we would have never had a chance.

Why do I have a feeling we'll be going through this for years to come
say Watt one more time

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #24
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Say the Patriots win 45-19
Say Schaub goes 22/40 with 220 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs
Say Kubiak played conservative as hell, and kicked FGs while Brady scored TDs

Would there be any changes? No way management could find this season to really be a positive... if anything, it's the same as last season and maybe even worse because last season we had a rookie backup take us through the end.

If it were Pats today, all of those FGs we kicked would've been against TD passes from Brady and we would have never had a chance.
Why do I have a feeling we'll be going through this for years to come
Thats the second time I've heard this crap. We were not playing the Patriots.

Where have the 3rd down draw plays gone? What about Schaub with a QB sneak? Who is returning our kicks now? Have you noticed the play calling changing when it needs to change? Now we are going to complain about Kubiak kicking field goals against New England before the game starts? The field goals were needed to win the game we just played and I'm glad we kicked them.

To all those people bitching about the draws and some of the conservative play calling during the regular season please open your eyes and notice our healthy QB. Thankfully Kubiak can see beyond the next play and even beyond the next game unlike a lot of the posters on this board.
Old 01-06-2013   #25
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
I'm guessing you're one of those 'glass half empty' kinda people.

Some of these guy's don't even have water in their glass.
Old 01-06-2013   #26
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20085 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The head coach will be the same. The QB will be the same. The coordinators will be the same. There won't be any major change that stems from the result of next Sunday's game, win or lose.
I agree with that.
Old 01-06-2013   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Some of these guy's don't even have water in their glass.
Hahahahahahahhahahahahaha, I laugh so hard!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #28
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
Only change I expect is Kubiak trying to find a way to make the system more flexible. The limitations of this offense is a hindrance. Can't see how Kubiak doesn't see that already. So hopefully that will take place and bringing a real receiving threat other than the obvious that we have already. It's time this offense has more options.

Other than that doubt there will be much else except I hope Marciano isn't brought back. Time to move on there. Every kickoff I'm nervous as hell lol.
You got that all wrong .... Its the limitations of the QB , not the offense.

But hey , the coach is the easiest guy to blame .... He doesnt get to suit up and make plays or make mistakes.

RG3 is running the exact same offense over in DC .... with a few wrinkles to take advantage of his strengths and mask his weaknesses. I guess that offense is a hinderance too ....

Best way for a coach to become a fan is to start listening to the fans .....

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #29
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Thats the second time I've heard this crap. We were not playing the Patriots.

Where have the 3rd down draw plays gone? What about Schaub with a QB sneak? Who is returning our kicks now? Have you noticed the play calling changing when it needs to change? Now we are going to complain about Kubiak kicking field goals against New England before the game starts? The field goals were needed to win the game we just played and I'm glad we kicked them.

To all those people bitching about the draws and some of the conservative play calling during the regular season please open your eyes and notice our healthy QB. Thankfully Kubiak can see beyond the next play and even beyond the next game unlike a lot of the posters on this board.
some people just have to *****...texans could win the superbowl and there be peopel bitching we dont have two lol
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #30
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

of course there will be changes there are changes every year if u think about it in life and football in everything

but i for see "minor" changes u see the texans a runed by whatever rick smith and Kubes what it to be

so u can pretty much granturee that Joe Marcino and a few of his boys depth players will be gone

our kicker will be gone for our rookie draft pick

the punter willbe gone has well

Maybe the current ILB James dobbins and ruud and sharpton will all be gone

there will be changes trust me changes that in kubes and RIcks mind that will make our team better

Thats how it is in the NFL tho its a roll of the dice u never know if these changes will work or not
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #31
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 33666 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't think any of them are feeling stupid, nor should they.

Hell, it's not like Wilson was even a 1st rounder. He was like a 3rd rounder.
I thought the general perception of Wilson was that he was a 1st round talent were it not for his height.

If anything, the success of the vertically challenged like Wilson and Brees bodes well for Manziel (provided he continually works on his passing game).
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #32
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You got that all wrong .... Its the limitations of the QB , not the offense.

But hey , the coach is the easiest guy to blame .... He doesnt get to suit up and make plays or make mistakes.

RG3 is running the exact same offense over in DC .... with a few wrinkles to take advantage of his strengths and mask his weaknesses. I guess that offense is a hinderance too ....

Best way for a coach to become a fan is to start listening to the fans .....
LOL way to overreact. Anyway, sorry, but it is you that got it wrong. Look at the original post and the question posed.

Done? Okay.

Now that you have done that let's try answering his question with some actual reality like I was doing. There are no purple clouds, flying pink elephants nor unicorns farting rainbows. This is reality. Schaub isn't going anywhere nor Kubiak, hence my answer. I am quite aware of Schaub's limitations since I have posted them in more than one place on this board.

So now that we know that Schaub isn't going anywhere then it falls upon the coach to find the best way to adjust the offense. Yes, I am aware it's the same in DC. Kind of a no **** Sherlock statement. At the same time the offense can be adjusted. Just like you pointed out was done in DC. It was also done with Jake Plummer who didn't have an amazing arm neither.

The point wasn't about blaming the coach as you 'assumed'. It's about adjusting to push pass the limitations of the offense and, yes, that includes the quarterback since that will smooth your desire to hate the guy. You know, like not having just one receiver capable of getting open deep without playaction? Or how about on 3rd and 8 not having just one receiver that runs a pattern pass the first down marker? Or how about getting a second receiver that helps stretch the field which would even make the underneath passes more open for Schaub's limited arm strength?

Heh, I swear some folks are a trip and just wish to read what they want.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #33
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We made the playoffs two years in a row, and while Kubiak isn't the greatest of all head coaches, there isn't a lot left for the picking. Kubiak will be back as will Schaub. Whatever changes are made will be made in the lower coaching staff as they move on to other teams. And players always change. And next year we'll be back in the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row.

McNair likes it, so nothing major will happen. Book it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #34
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
some people just have to *****...texans could win the superbowl and there be peopel bitching we dont have two lol
They'll be griping that we didn't have to play the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Or whatever other high powered team didn't make it.... or that we if we had to play the Giants & their pass rushers we wouldn't have stood a chance.
Old 01-06-2013   #35
nevadatuff
noob

Problem with the bengal win is they had a chance to beat us all the way till the final second because of our timid quarterback and inabillity to score touchdowns in the red zone...this game ball belongs to arian for putting schaub on his back....wake up schaub, check your package and kubiak lets open up the offense and quit leaving it up to the defense to save the offense every week in the final minutes of the game.....Lets get out to a lead and then keep pouring it on...Schaub Snap out of your funk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nevadatuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #36
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg no re View Post
I thought the general perception of Wilson was that he was a 1st round talent were it not for his height.

If anything, the success of the vertically challenged like Wilson and Brees bodes well for Manziel (provided he continually works on his passing game).
What most people are not acknowledging, is that the NFL is great at adjusting. RG3 & Russell Wilson had great rookie seasons. We'll learn more about them & their coaching staffs next season.

No one in the NFC South is worried about Cam Newton any more. It's still Brees & now Matty Ice, who are more like Schaub than RG3 that will rule the South.

I'm not saying those guys won't be successful, I think RG3 has the skills to be an NFL QB, I think he's smart enough to be an NFL QB, & he's got the physical gifts. But there are a lot of guys like that who weren't successful & a lot of guys less talented who were.

3 years. It takes three years in the NFL before you know what you got in the draft. That goes for the guys who appear to struggle, like Kareem Jackson, & guys who found instant success, Terrance Newman.
Old 01-06-2013   #37
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 76298 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
"IF" Title should read "When"
That's kind of my thought as well. It is a matter of "when" and not "if" with regard to the Texans losing to the Patriots. I'd love to see a Texan victory, but if I had to lay down a bet on this one I'd take the Pats.
Old 01-06-2013   #38
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

The minute I found out the Broncos got Manning, I would have laid everything I could down on the Broncos winning the SB, except for one, well, 2 things: 1 (and mainly), injuries can always happen, especially to him from that last season on...and,

2) I don't bet. I was trained to feel like they beat you the second you decide to take a chance against "the man" by my upbringing and "church".

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #39
Foxboro Steve
Veteran

Section: Gillette: 102, row 24 seat 5
Rep Power: 4106 Foxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respectedFoxboro Steve is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will not get blown out this time.
Old 01-06-2013   #40
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 23872 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
for a team that just won a playoff game that half the nfl picked bengals to win...just be happy for at least 24 hours
Wow, a Colts fan is showing more perspective than a lot of Texans Fans right now.

Thanks colts123, we need the positive mojo after a playoff win.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read