Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #21
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats View Post
There was a list on yesterdays game showing the Texnas have been penalized more over these late season losses than when they were on the win streak.

I suppose its the Patriots fault that Houston had those penalties vs Indy. Vs Cinci too.
I don't think anybody's going that far, and they were playing undisciplined. I will say, though, that a cancer-rideen HC coming back for the last game of the season has to have it's influence, and so does our winless record in Indy, which we shouldn't have ever let get so bad in the first place, but whatever. The fact is, regarding the Pats and us right now, that most NFL fans want to see Tom Brady in the AFC Championship, not Matt freaking Schaub. It's not going to matter if Brady is lighting us up anyway and Schaub doesn't at least bring his A game.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #22
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Call me a conspiracist, but refs will NOT be in favor of us next week. NFL wants

Quote:
Nice try, but the ball was coming forward way more than the call Kubiak challenged and lost yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aM-JxUVYDM
They were both fumbles. Houston is not a popular city. Oil refineries; hot, humid weather. Gee, I wonder how they treat Cleveland?

I do know the "Patriots" have had one heck of a decade after the little 911 incident.

Old 01-06-2013   #23
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 694 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I don't think anybody's going that far, and they were playing undisciplined. I will say, though, that a cancer-rideen HC coming back for the last game of the season has to have it's influence, and so does our winless record in Indy, which we shouldn't have ever let get so bad in the first place, but whatever. The fact is, regarding the Pats and us right now, that most NFL fans want to see Tom Brady in the AFC Championship, not Matt freaking Schaub. It's not going to matter if Brady is lighting us up anyway and Schaub doesn't at least bring his A game.
Might the Patriots be the better team for once?

Other teams have come to Foxboro and put the beat down on NE. The Ravens in 09 and Jets 10. Last year the Ravens should have won, but Lee Evans didnt have both feet down and dropped the ball.
Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #24
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68714 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice try, but the ball was coming forward way more than the call Kubiak challenged and lost yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aM-JxUVYDM
Even Brady knew he fumbled the ball. Just admit it, the NFL handed the Pats that game. The call on the field was fumble, and I certainly didn't see any irrefutable evidence to contrary. In fact, the video and photos show Brady had tucked the ball back to his chest. The NFL's spin, was that the QB had to tuck it to his hip, but as everyone has pointed out, show me one clip where any QB pump fakes and tucks to his hip before throwing.

In Marcus Allen's own words, the Raiders got jobbed.
Old 01-06-2013   #25
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

You have to make your own breaks, and not expect a gift from the zebras.

I also want to say Kubiak keep that damn red flag in your pocket you have no ****ing clue when to use it.

Gary Kubiak
December 4,2011
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #26
Pats
Rookie

Rep Power: 694 Pats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respectedPats is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
They were both fumbles. Houston is not a popular city. Oil refineries; hot, humid weather. Gee, I wonder how they treat Cleveland?

I do know the "Patriots" have had one heck of a decade after the little 911 incident.
It cant be a fumble with the ball coming forward.
Old 01-06-2013   #27
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Might the Patriots be the better team for once?

Other teams have come to Foxboro and put the beat down on NE. The Ravens in 09 and Jets 10. Last year the Ravens should have won, but Lee Evans didnt have both feet down and dropped the ball.
Oh, the Patriots might be the best in the NFL, and they have been before (mostly because of Brady). I'm not saying they can't be; I'm saying that often the commish and his refs prefer it that way, even on "any given Sunday," when some likely somewhat lesser team would otherwise happen to have a better day.

It ain't just the Patriots. I'm saying there is a very slowly changing list of 32 teams, top to bottom. Some are favored and some are hated, for whatever reasons. Your name, your QB, a story about a cancer stricken coach, whatever. Right now, I figure Peyton Manning is the NFL's 21st century version of John Elway and will be helped to bring Denver back to the promised land (to bad McNair didn't think of that for Houston). I won't mind at all when you are complaining about the refs home-cooking favoring Manning--we been down that road a few times--but, I won't deny that he's a darn good QB too.

Old 01-06-2013   #28
Pats
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerberus View Post
Even Brady knew he fumbled the ball. Just admit it, the NFL handed the Pats that game. The call on the field was fumble, and I certainly didn't see any irrefutable evidence to contrary. In fact, the video and photos show Brady had tucked the ball back to his chest. The NFL's spin, was that the QB had to tuck it to his hip, but as everyone has pointed out, show me one clip where any QB pump fakes and tucks to his hip before throwing.

The ball was in a forward direction towards the line of scrimmage when it came out. Thats a fumble. Watch the video again.
Old 01-06-2013   #29
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1758 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my fear. The refs will do anything to hinder us.
Old 01-06-2013   #30
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
It cant be a fumble with the ball coming forward.
Dalton had already lost the ball with all but his finger-tips when decided to pretend he was throwing it. Regarding the tuck-rule play, it's either a fumble, or Brady should be called for intentional grounding for throwing the ball down at his own left hand...

Old 01-06-2013   #31
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68714 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The ball was in a forward direction towards the line of scrimmage when it came out. Thats a fumble. Watch the video again.
You go ahead and keep telling yourself it was a fumble, and maybe some day you'll actually believe it too.
Old 01-06-2013   #32
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unfortunately you are correct. The best recent example I can point to that everyone can acknowledge is the now infamous Tuck-Rule game. Where the NFL actually tried to convince football fans that Brady having two hands on the ball tucked to his chest, was in fact a throwing motion. The NFL went into full blown spin-control starting the day after. So yeah, the NFL will ultimately massage a game here and there to get the match-ups they think is best for their fans.

If you think this was actually a good call by the refs, then you don't know football. If you ate up the chit the NFL shoveled with their good-call-bad-rule spin, you are the perfect mindless customer in their eyes.
There are rumors that the NFL is going to re-consider the tuck rule after the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...his-offseason/
Old 01-06-2013   #33
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

I brought this up in another thread last week. I agree that the Brady tuck rule game was one of the abolute worst.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
The NFL also wants an AFC chamionship with the Patriots vs. Broncos. Big money and ratings for them. You can bet the calls will be in both teams favor to get them that matchup. Not saying a team can't beat em just that it will be extremely difficult. Whoever goes to New England and whoever goes to Denver will be playing the refs also.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...82#post2094182
Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #34
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
There are rumors that the NFL is going to re-consider the tuck rule after the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...his-offseason/
They'll re-re-consider it if a popular enough QB has that little problem again...

Old 01-06-2013   #35
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

1. Fault the rule, not the call. According to the rule, it was called correctly.
2. The same rule was called AGAINST the Patriots that season against the division rival Jets and in turn cost us a win.
3. I am oh so tired of hearing that when that call was made, that the Raiders lost the game by default. Nothing else happened after that call. All that happened was that call.

The fact we were playing in a blizzard is ignored. The fact that the drive after the tuck rule call was only to tie the game so we could go into OT is ignored. The fact that in OT, Brady went a perfect 8 for 8 and Vinetari kicked a game winning FG -IN A BLIZZARD- is ignored.

4. As far as I'm concerned, that call still doesn't make up for how the Patriots were robbed against the Raiders in the 1976 Divisional playoffs. Thats right. These two teams have been involved in another top 10 most controversial calls of all time- and this time the call went the Raiders way- and they in turn went on to win the Superbowl. Watch and learn:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jln47i31ps

I did have the original version of this when it made the top 10 series the NFL Network runs occasionally but apparently the NFL copy wright nazis have deleted it.

After that debacle that happened on Thanksgiving with Forsett against the Lions, I'm surprised you're so vocal about a call that happened over a decade ago.

Oh and back on topic- heres to a great injury free game Texans.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #36
HJam72
Hall of Fame

1976. Hmmm. Did we have "Patriot" missiles back then? or did we have....Ken Stabler?

Old 01-06-2013   #37
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench3 View Post
This is my fear. The refs will do anything to hinder us.
They do this every week.
Old 01-06-2013   #38
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1976. Hmmm. Did we have "Patriot" missiles back then? or did we have....Ken Stabler?
Good question.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #39
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqert View Post
this is what's called "maximizing profits."

source _

as far as i'm concerned, texans are toast.
but you know i still get behind them every week, hoping we throw a wrench on GOODELS fixing plans.
The NFL is the sport where television ratings are least influenced by having the right cities and right match ups. Not saying that it does not matter at all, but the NFL gets it ratings.
Old 01-06-2013   #40
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

we could have given them brady vs manning next week had we taken care of business..

i hate excuses, youre either good enough to win or youre not..

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read