Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-06-2013   #281
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 6629 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

bengals were one of the hottest teams coming in (beating steelers, ravens, &giants). dalton was coming back to his home town. and the texans were looking their worst ever this whole season.

i'm happy with the win. if they lose next week, so be it. i just want some heart in their game taking it personal for getting their a$$ handed last time.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #282
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
If you guys can only get happy with a superbowl season then prepared to be miserable most years, no matter what team you root for. After 10 years of losing(not to mention all those years cheering for the Oilers) I'm enjoying being one of the top 8 teams in the league with the chance to get to the afc championship game next week. If we lose next week then I will be glad to debate what this team needs to do to be better. Right now I'm just happy to get to root for my team again next week.
My feelings as well. I just love watching my team in the playoffs. Haven't had that feeling since the Oilers lost to the Bills with a 32 point lead.

Will a first round win be good enough forever?? Hell no. However, this season I never felt like we were the best team completely but we did seem very similar to the 49ers with how we won games. Our defense withered though, and that's what started the slump. Then our offense went to trash. But right now it's all about being better on game day and moving forward. We probably won't beat the Patriots, but man I'm excited to at least watch our team give it a try in the 2nd round. It's a lot better then not being in the playoffs. I've gone 20 years without being able to compete with the exception to last year. I love this!!
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #283
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58272 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texanmike Presents: Real Men of Genius
(Real men of Genius)
Today we salute you. Mr. fake fan of a football team
(Mr. fake fan of a football team)
Posting nothing but overplayed bitching and nonsense, you're living the real American dream
Coming up with new complaints for a team you love... to hate
(Love-hate relationship!)
Sure there's other teams, sports and hobbies... but you need a reason to be mad... when everyone else is having fun
(OUR QB SUCKS NOW!)
Your keen instincts tells you to stick to rooting against a team while wearing their jersey with fake complaints... but who wouldn't... when everybody else in the stadium is upset... you can yell "I was right sukkas!"
(I told you so!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Nutty Boy. 'Cause we all know, the the going gets tough, the tough fake fandom.

You guys were begging for it. Yes its a rehash but it could not be more appropriate.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #284
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 164415 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-06-2013   #285
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You talked a lot of **** to me in the weeks leading up to our last two games.

And you were wrong both times. And you never once came back and said "Yeah, all those things you said were going to happen...they happened."

I personally dislike you. You come on here and you say such hateful things to people. HATEFUL.

You accuse people of not being real fans. And Tex is doing the same thing. And neither of you think what you're doing is wrong. But it is.

"Fans like you PRAY for losses..."

Seriously? Wow. It sounds like you just don't like being wrong and knowing you were too drunk with Kool Aid to have seen what was coming. Sober up sometime and just listen to others. People have been around here a long time.

I was here when this board first started 10 years ago. Were you? I've talked a lot of football, year round, with people on here. The good, the bad, the indifferent. Rain. Shine. 12 people, total, on here. And now with its hundreds of posters.

I'm seriously pissed off right now.
Whatever bro. I'm not being hateful. I speak my mind as you do. If I begin to name call like "negative nancy" I pre-apologize for it. I wasn't even talking about you. But whatever, I don't mind that you dislike me. Put me on your ignore list. Btw, you act like I just joined this board yesterday, way to pull the "I joined b4 you card" Oh and I dislike your sig pic in the worst way. It's awful.
Old 01-06-2013   #286
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Dude, all u do is pump out conspiracy theories about what u think is going on or happened & simultaneously play both sides of the fence..you are the worst kind of fan b/c whether we win or lose, you've always got something to say that "proves" you were "right".

So, im not surprised that you're in here with your "yeah we won, but...." Garbage. Its par for the course with you and a few others in here.
Old 01-06-2013   #287
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

not happy? just chilax

coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #288
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
My feelings as well. I just love watching my team in the playoffs.
Watching your favorite team play in January is aiight..... but what I really enjoy is watching my friends root for my team, because their team ain't....

This year, that includes Cowboy fans, Steeler fans, Saints fans, & Giants fans.
Old 01-06-2013   #289
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 18579 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

On any given Sunday . . . . . . .

I just want to see this team prepared and mentally ready to play the Pats next Sunday.

If we lose - to go down fighting.
Old 01-06-2013   #290
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13099 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, Texecutioner absolutely owning this thread. LOL Only thing that's surprising is how easily he's doing it...
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #291
Modest
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Modest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respectedModest is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
Texanmike Presents: Real Men of Genius
(Real men of Genius)
Today we salute you. Mr. fake fan of a football team
Posting nothing but overplayed bitching and nonsense, you're living the real American dream
Coming up with new complaints for a team you love... to hate
(Love-hate relationship!)
Sure there's other teams, sports and hobbies... but you need a reason to be mad... when everyone else is having fun
(OUR QB SUCKS NOW!)
Your keen instincts tells you to stick to rooting against a team while wearing their jersey with fake complaints... but who wouldn't... when everybody else in the stadium is upset... you can yell "I was right sukkas!"
(I told you so!)
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, Nutty Boy. 'Cause we all know, the the going gets tough, the tough fake fandom.

You guys were begging for it. Yes its a rehash but it could not be more appropriate.

Mike
This is awesome.
Modest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #292
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
My feelings as well. I just love watching my team in the playoffs.
I do, too. It was a lot of fun yesterday (though that bomb that overshot Green could have been a real bummer). We should give some praise to what (Watt?) went right against the Bengals.

1) The defense controlled the game from the outset.
2) The offense move the ball between the 10's against a top 10 defense.
3) No new major injuries.

The Pats probably aren't staying up late worrying about the Texans. If you can be over confident going against a 13-4 team, New England likely is. Which is a good thing. I think this defense will play much better than they did in week 14. I think Arian Foster can run against this Patriot defense. And it's possible that Schaub can get out of this funk and have a game similar to week 3 against Denver.

Foster, Johnson, Watt. The Texans have players that can make game changing plays, just as the Patriots do. I doubt the Texans are going to travel all the way to Foxboro with the intent to lose. Maybe I'm not as happy as I would be with the Texans getting the #1 seed (as they should have). But, I'm happier than I was going into Saturday's game. I'm looking forward to a good football game next Sunday.
Old 01-06-2013   #293
robroy72
Veteran

Rep Power: 6009 robroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respectedrobroy72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
The hell with this still not happy doom and gloom. The Texans won a playoff game today!

More of this next week, plz.
robroy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #294
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I do, too. It was a lot of fun yesterday (though that bomb that overshot Green could have been a real bummer). We should give some praise to what (Watt?) went right against the Bengals.

1) The defense controlled the game from the outset.
2) The offense move the ball between the 10's against a top 10 defense.
3) No new major injuries.

The Pats probably aren't staying up late worrying about the Texans. If you can be over confident going against a 13-4 team, New England likely is. Which is a good thing. I think this defense will play much better than they did in week 14. I think Arian Foster can run against this Patriot defense. And it's possible that Schaub can get out of this funk and have a game similar to week 3 against Denver.

Foster, Johnson, Watt. The Texans have players that can make game changing plays, just as the Patriots do. I doubt the Texans are going to travel all the way to Foxboro with the intent to lose. Maybe I'm not as happy as I would be with the Texans getting the #1 seed (as they should have). But, I'm happier than I was going into Saturday's game. I'm looking forward to a good football game next Sunday.
I think this mirrors my thoughts the closest.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #295
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6869 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans are still in the playoffs. The Bengals looked like a mirror of the Texans in QB and coaching. Dalton looks like a young Schaub. Play calling very familiar, throwing short for first downs etc.

It could be a lot worse. I feel so much better that the Texans won than I would have if the Bengals had completed one of those passes to Green in the 2nd half and the texans lost by 1 after complete domination.

The defense looked a lot better today but hard to tell if it was just inferior competition or did they really play better. We will know more next week.

Next week we have Brady not Dalton. Do the Texans have a chance?

Without a doubt they have a chance.
Get out to a fast start.

No TOs by offense, multiple TOs by our defense. We need all the breaks and calls.
Execute in red zone. Need tds not fgs.
No penalties or at least none in red zone.
No penalties that keep the Pats on the field. What the hell was that Daniel Manning offsides? Brady will make you pay.
Schaub needs to make the big plays and make good decisions and stay composed. He just seems to always in a big rush even when he has time.
Both line need to win or at least play even.

Not happy that we don't have home field advantage because I think it would help but at least we are still in the game.

Remember when we beat GB with almost no offense, it can happen.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #296
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Remember when we beat GB with almost no offense...
Nope. You must be thinking about the Chicago game.
Old 01-06-2013   #297
TejasTom
Get #80 a ring!

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 32888 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
What was the score when we went to NE last time. Kicking fgs won't do it
It will only are 15 FGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
i sat through the 2-14 season wishing the team would be as competitive as the team we have now.

back to back afc south champs. back to back playoff wins. i'll take it.

whatever happens, happens.
Exactly.
TejasTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #298
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Matt was excited that Graham got a concussion ... sweet.
You are quite possibly the most idiotic poster on this board...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #299
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 43723 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy about the win but I noticed yesterday that while I was pumped at the bar, leading chants on chairs as normal and whatnot, it still just didn't FEEL the same as last year. I find that today while yes I am happy about the win, I don't think I'll be squirting with excitement until I see this team win against an elite team, which they won't have the chance to do until next week.

A win next week and truly IMO we will all be one happy family again. Otherwise, it will be more the same with the people on the satisfied with staying pat crowd and possibly still an expansion franchise mentality and those who actually have higher expectations and see what has happened with open eyes.

Until then, you'll see no bitching from me, GO TEXANS!

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #300
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Pats probably aren't staying up late worrying about the Texans. If you can be over confident going against a 13-4 team, New England likely is.
I so hope that thought never enters our locker room. After the way the 49ers spanked them... I don't think they're taking anything or anyone lightly.

They know, more than anyone, how much work it takes to get back to the Super Bowl & there are no guarantees of winning it. & they know where their window is. 3/4s shut.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read