Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #1
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What has happened with Tate?

Dude 's been healthy for weeks but kubiak has been giving him limited touches and even when he does get his touches, he's looked bad. I'm talking missing holes and cutback lanes, not able to turn the corner like he did last year...he just looks awful.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #2
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What has happened with Tate?

I have been wondering the same thing? Is it because he cannot get into rythm because he doesn't get enough carries?

Can we get a 2nd round pick for him? What a about a first?
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #3
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 8515 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I have been wondering the same thing? Is it because he cannot get into rythm because he doesn't get enough carries?

no one will take him that high...myabe 3rd or 4th
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post

I don't think we would get anything better than a 5th round pick for him. He's been hurt two out of three years and any trade value he had has plunged this season.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #5
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 112249 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Hmmm i think they are not playing him much so he is cheaper to resign maybe ???

I dunno really i think its cause he got hurt and then we started to struggle and Kubiak problably is more confident in Foster to make game changing plays that tate.
Old 01-06-2013   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Resign him. The guy can play. Don't know what is happening as of lately. Maybe he has lost confidence, but I haven't seen him look as bad as others.

I hate the way that Kubiak has ran Foster this season though. We had Forsett healthy for most of the season and he's a good change of pace back. Foster is going to be done after two more seasons possibly. I think we need to go towards a committee approach more next season.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Dude 's been healthy for weeks but kubiak has been giving him limited touches and even when he does get his touches, he's looked bad. I'm talking missing holes and cutback lanes, not able to turn the corner like he did last year...he just looks awful.
He went Vegan!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-06-2013   #8
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 23432 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
He went Vegan!
Old 01-06-2013   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he really missing lanes, or is he just not superhuman Foster? I saw Foster makes some pretty ridiculous moves to finally find a lane by pretty much pulling it outta his @$$ yesterday. Tate is good, but he just can't move like THAT. I don't really think the run-blocking was THAT great yesterday. It was good, but not great on the left side, and, IMO, sub-par on the right side.

Granted, that is some kinda D-Line we had to run against...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #10
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Resign him.
Tate is signed through 2013.

Whether it's injuries or whatever, Tate has sucked this season. He never showed the explosiveness from 2011. Plus, Tate doesn't give you anything as a receiver or a blocker. If Tate turns it around in 2013, I doubt the Texans could afford to keep him. If he doesn't, why bother re-signing him? Next year will likely be Tate's last as a Texan either way.
Old 01-06-2013   #11
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14129 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Tate needs more carries to get into the flow of the game. Coming in for 1 play every 8 or 9 plays (guessing) is not going to do it.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playa465 View Post
I think Tate needs more carries to get into the flow of the game. Coming in for 1 play every 8 or 9 plays (guessing) is not going to do it.
What has he done to deserve more playing time? Bringing Tate in keys the defense that a run is likely coming, as he is a poor receiver and blocker. If Tate is not kicking ass as a runner (and he's not), then the only reason he should come in is to give Foster a breather.
Old 01-06-2013   #13
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Is he really missing lanes, or is he just not superhuman Foster? I saw Foster makes some pretty ridiculous moves to finally find a lane by pretty much pulling it outta his @$$ yesterday. Tate is good, but he just can't move like THAT. I don't really think the run-blocking was THAT great yesterday. It was good, but not great on the left side, and, IMO, sub-par on the right side.

Granted, that is some kinda D-Line we had to run against...
No he's missing lanes...his vision is just terrible...
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Alright, well maybe I'll see it when I rewatch the game tomorrow or something. That happens sometimes.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #15
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Tate has not had enough touches to get with the program, and this O-Line is making it a little harder on our RBs than last year's line. Last year's line played better as a unit -- T/G unit, G/C unit.

Last edited by Playoffs; 01-06-2013 at 12:14 PM. Reason: forgot "not"
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #16
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Just kind of reminds me of a runaway bull, no vision what so ever.
Better question may be what happened to Forsett. I think he has done better this year than Tate.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #17
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
His vision isn't nearly as good as fosters...no ones is. But this season the holes are smaller and evaporate faster. Foster can compensate for it way better because of his vision. I love that tate runs angry, it's fun to watch. He's not nearly as explosive as we've seen in the past. Our line isnt getting to the second level and forcing defensive backs to make plays against the run....and tate eats defensive backs for lunch...or did.
Old 01-06-2013   #18
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45767 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Just kind of reminds me of a runaway bull, no vision what so ever.
Better question may be what happened to Forsett. I think he has done better this year than Tate.
Easy. He's been relegated to third string with Tate back. Forsett didn't get one carry against the Bengals, Tate only got two.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #19
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Easy. He's been relegated to third string with Tate back. Forsett didn't get one carry against the Bengals, Tate only got two.
I know he is 3rd string but I think Forsett would be more effective than Tate under the circumstances.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #20
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14129 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
What has he done to deserve more playing time? Bringing Tate in keys the defense that a run is likely coming, as he is a poor receiver and blocker. If Tate is not kicking ass as a runner (and he's not), then the only reason he should come in is to give Foster a breather.
Some RBs need more than a carry to get going. If he gets 2yds on his first carry doesn't mean he wouldn't be effective over a series.
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read