Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #261
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 59425 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
different game against a different team. Just because we scored 19 points against a really good defense does'nt mean we will score 19 against an average defense. We played better than we have been. I'm pumped!
They scored 7 against the same average defense they have already played once...

just saying...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #262
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

just saying...
Dude, that game is over. When are you going to realize that? We get it, we lost! We lost bad and got embarrassed. That was over a month ago. None of that matters today and it damn sure doesn't matter next week. It's all about who wants it more and who executes more next week. Playoffs are a whole different season. It's who is better on "that day."
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #263
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

just saying...
The Vikings just loss to a team they beat last week.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #264
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I think it's pathetic that we've got people here that are upset because we didn't beat the Patriots today.

No matter how well the Texans played, they were never going to beat the Patriots.

The team that was unlucky enough to line up against us today got their a$$es spanked. They didn't lose, they didn't get beat, they got dominated offensively & defensively........ dominated.

We could have hung 100 points on them & we still wouldn't have beat the Patriots.

I'm a Texans fan & I'm feeling good right now after my team beat the team that was in front of them. I feel sorry for you Texans fans that can't enjoy this. I really do. If you're lucky, maybe I can join you in your misery next week. But right now, nope, not going to do it.

Freak'n Cowboy fans are more excited about our win than you.
Old 01-05-2013   #265
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
The Vikings just loss to a team they beat last week.
In all fairness though Green Bay did beat a guy who probably should be playing Wide Receiver and not QB.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #266
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
In all fairness though Green Bay did beat a guy who probably should be playing Wide Receiver and not QB.
Yeah true, but he has had some good games as a backup. They got spanked and Peterson didn't do anything though.

But his original point just doesn't stand when you look at the playoffs every year.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #267
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't know GP you are pretty knee jerk during gameday threads

He is the worst on the board
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #268
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

The hell with this still not happy doom and gloom. The Texans won a playoff game today!

C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #269
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I've spewed plenty of venom on this board about this team.

If you aren't happy with the win today and excited about the game next week then I don't know what to tell you.

I'm pumped.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #270
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
The hell with this still not happy doom and gloom. The Texans won a playoff game today!

I saw that in the game and I wondered to myself "Is that a confident Matt Schaub? Is he going to get his mojo back for next game?" I hope so because he is going to have to be on his A+++ game to win.

He looks like a little kid that is having fun and realizing he can do it.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #271
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I think it's pathetic that we've got people here that are upset because we didn't beat the Patriots today.

No matter how well the Texans played, they were never going to beat the Patriots.

The team that was unlucky enough to line up against us today got their a$$es spanked. They didn't lose, they didn't get beat, they got dominated offensively & defensively........ dominated.

We could have hung 100 points on them & we still wouldn't have beat the Patriots.

I'm a Texans fan & I'm feeling good right now after my team beat the team that was in front of them. I feel sorry for you Texans fans that can't enjoy this. I really do. If you're lucky, maybe I can join you in your misery next week. But right now, nope, not going to do it.

Freak'n Cowboy fans are more excited about our win than you.

Can I get an amen?!

Good grief. I came back to the board to celebrate with fellow Texans fans even though I'm fully aware of the problems here. Instead I see one guy posting the same damn "Schaub sucks" post he's been sticking up for weeks now, in as many threads as possible, and a bunch of other negative nellies who can't, just can't, for a few hours enjoy the fact that we just won a playoff game.

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 22 years. 22 YEARS. We have back-to-back division titles and 2 playoff wins after half that. Will I be happy, or even surprised, if there's a loss next week in New England? Of course not. I always want us to win and I bought in back in September that this was the best Texans team yet. After all those seasons that didn't matter, this is a time to enjoy being a Texan fan, even though things aren't as rosy as they were several weeks ago.

I see the flaws. I get the odds. What I'm fed up with is all the bitching and whining about the same things. Can we just stop the howling until Monday at least? You'll all have the entire offseason to whine. I promise.

This is not a homer post. This is not a rah-rah post. This is a man-up, stop crying and enjoy a playoff win post. We're in the 2nd round again. That is a cool thing. Take a moment and enjoy it.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #272
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile View Post
Can I get an amen?!

Good grief. I came back to the board to celebrate with fellow Texans fans even though I'm fully aware of the problems here. Instead I see one guy posting the same damn "Schaub sucks" post he's been sticking up for weeks now, in as many threads as possible, and a bunch of other negative nellies who can't, just can't, for a few hours enjoy the fact that we just won a playoff game.

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game in 22 years. 22 YEARS. We have back-to-back division titles and 2 playoff wins after half that. Will I be happy, or even surprised, if there's a loss next week in New England? Of course not. I always want us to win and I bought in back in September that this was the best Texans team yet. After all those seasons that didn't matter, this is a time to enjoy being a Texan fan, even though things aren't as rosy as they were several weeks ago.

I see the flaws. I get the odds. What I'm fed up with is all the bitching and whining about the same things. Can we just stop the howling until Monday at least? You'll all have the entire offseason to whine. I promise.

This is not a homer post. This is not a rah-rah post. This is a man-up, stop crying and enjoy a playoff win post. We're in the 2nd round again. That is a cool thing. Take a moment and enjoy it.
You can get an Amen from me!!
Old 01-05-2013   #273
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can I get an amen?!

Rep to you!
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #274
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can I get an amen?!

I was at the game today. I shook my head at all those guys yelling for Kubiak to go for it instead of kicking the field goal (except that 48 yarder, I didn't know about that one) but I was thinking, that's how you lose this game. Don't take the points.

There was one guy behind me, kept saying, "you wn't beat the Patriots like this, you won't beat the Patriots like this." I finally turned around & told him we won't be playing the Patriots if we don't get those points.

I had another guy in my section, blaming Kubiak for everything. Matt throws the ball to Arian behind the LOS, with three Bengals in front of him.. Kubiak's fault (that wasn't a screen). Matt overthrows Andre to the right, Peko knocks Myers on his ass. Andre doesn't catch that pass in the endzone.... Kubiak's fault.

That same as$hat wouldn't get up & make some noise. I finally told him, "Look, if you're going to b!ch about Kubiak not doing his job, you've got to do yours... get up & make some noise."
Old 01-05-2013   #275
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

just saying...
I have already stated that scoring 19 against cinn and moving the ball the way we did while controlling the clock makes me feel like we are playing better than we were during the month of december. just saying...
Old 01-05-2013   #276
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
That's all I've been trying to say.
Old 01-06-2013   #277
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I have already stated that scoring 19 against cinn and moving the ball the way we did while controlling the clock makes me feel like we are playing better than we were during the month of december. just saying...
Playing better? Yes.

Playing well enough to beat the Pats? Hell no.

But what people don't understand is that we played better today. We played with more passion and heart. The D really came out to play today. They made a few mistakes where other teams will capitalize (Especially Brady), but we really dominated them for the most part and had we connected in the RZ the score would be a lot different. We can play even better next week though. We have the opportunity to at least. That's what the playoffs is all about. We can gain the momentum we had early in the season. Will we gain enough? Probably not, but I like our chances to because we won 12 games and we're same 11 win team from last season. Everyone expects us to lose including me. So what do we have to lose?? Nothing. All we have to do is play with heart and desire and anything can happen at this point. That's the beauty of the playoffs and exactly why I hate the BcS.
Old 01-06-2013   #278
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed and repped. That is the one thing that we lost the last few games: long offensive drives that last 6-8 minutes a quarter. I remember those. That is what we are going to have to do to win. Keep Brady off the field.

We need to get up early, like SanFran and run the clock out, unlike SanFran and not give Brady a chance unlike SanFran did.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #279
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

If you guys can only get happy with a superbowl season then prepared to be miserable most years, no matter what team you root for. After 10 years of losing(not to mention all those years cheering for the Oilers) I'm enjoying being one of the top 8 teams in the league with the chance to get to the afc championship game next week. If we lose next week then I will be glad to debate what this team needs to do to be better. Right now I'm just happy to get to root for my team again next week.
Old 01-06-2013   #280
utahmark
markbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Playing better? Yes.

Playing well enough to beat the Pats? Hell no.

But what people don't understand is that we played better today. We played with more passion and heart. The D really came out to play today. They made a few mistakes where other teams will capitalize (Especially Brady), but we really dominated them for the most part and had we connected in the RZ the score would be a lot different. We can play even better next week though. We have the opportunity to at least. That's what the playoffs is all about. We can gain the momentum we had early in the season. Will we gain enough? Probably not, but I like our chances to because we won 12 games and we're same 11 win team from last season. Everyone expects us to lose including me. So what do we have to lose?? Nothing. All we have to do is play with heart and desire and anything can happen at this point. That's the beauty of the playoffs and exactly why I hate the BcS.
That's all I'm saying.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read