Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #1
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 2223 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If the Texans get crushed next week @ Patriots, will that spark any changes?

Say the Patriots win 45-19
Say Schaub goes 22/40 with 220 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs
Say Kubiak played conservative as hell, and kicked FGs while Brady scored TDs

Would there be any changes? No way management could find this season to really be a positive... if anything, it's the same as last season and maybe even worse because last season we had a rookie backup take us through the end.

If it were Pats today, all of those FGs we kicked would've been against TD passes from Brady and we would have never had a chance.

Why do I have a feeling we'll be going through this for years to come
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #2
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If the Texans get crushed next week @ Patriots, will that spark any changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyWin View Post

Would there be any changes? No way management could find this season to really be a positive... if anything, it's the same as last season and maybe even worse because last season we had a rookie backup take us through the end.

If it were Pats today, all of those FGs we kicked would've been against TD passes from Brady and we would have never had a chance.

Why do I have a feeling we'll be going through this for years to come
for a team that just won a playoff game that half the nfl picked bengals to win...just be happy for at least 24 hours
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #3
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If the Texans get crushed next week @ Patriots, will that spark any changes?

I sure hope it would.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

The only thing that may change is Gary Kubiak's hair gel. We're going to have the same group back next year.
Old 01-05-2013   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt it.

Unfortunately this will be a huge success to Bob Mcnair no matter how this thing shakes out. Kubes will probably look for a WR for next year hopefully, but my guess is that Schaub will be back. At best, he might allow Yates to compete for the starting job. But I don't see any major changes.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #6
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I doubt it.

Unfortunately this will be a huge success to Bob Mcnair no matter how this thing shakes out. Kubes will probably look for a WR for next year hopefully, but my guess is that Schaub will be back. At best, he might allow Yates to compete for the starting job. But I don't see any major changes.

maybe in few years texans will pick up aggies QB, Johnny Manziel . He looks like something special...
Old 01-05-2013   #7
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

"IF" Title should read "When"

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 244585 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Say Kubiak played conservative as hell, and kicked FGs while Brady scored TDs...
I'm guessing you're one of those 'glass half empty' kinda people.

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #9
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
that stat line sounds about right...

Old 01-05-2013   #10
AndyWin
Nguyenning

Rep Power: 2223 AndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respectedAndyWin is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
maybe in few years texans will pick up aggies QB, Johnny Manziel . He looks like something special...
As an Aggie, this would be amazing
Although, I do question his arm strength and accuracy as a pocket passer. But his elusiveness and pocket presence are already lightyears ahead of Schaub ha

And yes I'd say the last decade being a Houston sports fan has made me a glass half empty kind of fan...
AndyWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #11
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 24667 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Only change I expect is Kubiak trying to find a way to make the system more flexible. The limitations of this offense is a hindrance. Can't see how Kubiak doesn't see that already. So hopefully that will take place and bringing a real receiving threat other than the obvious that we have already. It's time this offense has more options.

Other than that doubt there will be much else except I hope Marciano isn't brought back. Time to move on there. Every kickoff I'm nervous as hell lol.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #12
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

The head coach will be the same. The QB will be the same. The coordinators will be the same. There won't be any major change that stems from the result of next Sunday's game, win or lose.
Old 01-05-2013   #13
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
As an Aggie, this would be amazing
Although, I do question his arm strength and accuracy as a pocket passer. But his elusiveness and pocket presence are already lightyears ahead of Schaub ha

And yes I'd say the last decade being a Houston sports fan has made me a glass half empty kind of fan...
well accuracy and arm stregth can improve hes a freshman..pocket pressence is more of something you have or you dont have.
Old 01-05-2013   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't see Manziel as being a pro QB material. I certainly hope that I'm wrong and that he can be one, but I think his lack of size will hinder the interest from NFL GM's and coaches.
Old 01-05-2013   #15
coltfan123
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see Manziel as being a pro QB material. I certainly hope that I'm wrong and that he can be one, but I think his lack of size will hinder the interest from NFL GM's and coaches.
well he shows more talent and prmoise then some nfl starters..and hes only a freshman and will only get better...Hes already better then sanchez lol
Old 01-05-2013   #16
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
what they said about Russell Wilson...

how stupid do you thinks some of those GMs are feeling now?

Old 01-05-2013   #17
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9598 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
cough...people said the same thing about vince young...cough...not trying to hate...cough
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #18
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
what they said about Russell Wilson...

how stupid do you thinks some of those GMs are feeling now?
I don't think any of them are feeling stupid, nor should they.

Hell, it's not like Wilson was even a 1st rounder. He was like a 3rd rounder. Even Carroll didn't think Wilson would be his starter today. He thought that Flynn would most likely but Wilson beat him out in pre season. Guys like Russell Wilson are not the norm for 3rd round picks. He is a bright exception. Most teams that draft 3rd round QB's end up running through several QB's for years before finding a full time starter. Russell Wilson is like 5'11 or something like that too which usually doesn't fair well in the NFL. I hate when I hear people bring up Wilson as if he is some sort of norm around the league. It's like saying Tom Brady was a 6th rounder!!! We can get a guy like that in the 6th round. Uuumm, no we can't. Sure it's possible, but the odds are way against it. I've seen a hell of a lot more short mobile QB's like Wilson who end up failing then succeeding long term in this league. Plus, Wilson has only had one season in this league. Let's see if he can continue this for years. Matt Stafford looked great last season and completely flopped this year. Same with Cam Newton. I think Wilson will be pretty good for a long time personally, but most 3rd round and even 2nd round QB picks don't end up doing so well.

I'm not saying we can't find a great QB there, but I just don't like the odds. I'd rather find one of those top studs coming into the draft that has stronger odds for being a great player.
Old 01-05-2013   #19
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected

Win or lose we need to upgrade at the Receiver position. Our deficiencies show when we go 3rd and long because we don't have many receivers who can consistently beat man coverage. I expect Posey and Martin to make an improvement between year 1 and 2 because that's what young receivers usually do in the league. Kevin Walter, as much as I respect the guy has to go. We need a young, dynamic playmaker to groom at the position and Walter's time here is just up I believe.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #20
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

If your aunt had nuts, would she be your uncle?

Look at that team that's flying home tonight. Under Marvin Lewis, they are 0-4 in the play-offs. He's been the head coach of he Cincinnati Bengals since 2003, he's done just about everything you guys want Gary Kubiak to do. He's got a good (great) defensive coordinator. He's had two QBs that most of you would have taken over Schaub at some point. He's had high scoring offenses, he's had grinding offenses, he's had top 10 defenses, he's been very active in Free Agency.

It could be much worse than what it is in Houston.

Should we be satisfied that we can't beat the Patriots? Should we be satisfied with two Wild-Card play-off wins?

No

Should we blow the whole thing up & start all over?

HElLLL no.

I'm not the biggest Gary Kubiak/Matt Schaub fan out there. I'm not even in the fan club. You guys may be right, maybe Kubiak & Schaub has taken us as far as they can. but I'm not convinced.

I'm seeing Ben Jones getting better & better everyday. I'm seeing Duane Brown getting better everyday. I can't wait to see this OL next year. I'd like to see improvement at RT, I'd like to see more talent at the WR position.

This might be the second year that we've had a good defense & you guys may act like we've had a great defense for 6 years or something, but I'd love to see what Kubiak & Schaub can do with another year under that defense's belt. Maybe they won't go gaga over Brady & allow 21 points in the first 17 minutes of a football game.

I don't know if it's even possible that we can win in Foxboro next week. I don't know if we'll get crushed, we might. The smart money is probably on it.

But from next year on, no doubt in my mind, we'll own the AFC.... now, we might be like the Colts, who were the best team in the AFC for years, but couldn't win a Super Bowl, or we'll be like the Patriots over the last 9 years.... best team in the AFC & still not win a Super Bowl.

But I'm going to enjoy Texans football in the regular season, we're going to win most all of our home games. I'm going to love going to home football game in January for the next 5+ years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read