Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #201
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
You can't head to NE with a loss. With the way you're carrying on, it might as well be a loss.

Fans like you pray for losses because being right is more important than winning and looking like a dip sheat and getting proved wrong.
You talked a lot of **** to me in the weeks leading up to our last two games.

And you were wrong both times. And you never once came back and said "Yeah, all those things you said were going to happen...they happened."

I personally dislike you. You come on here and you say such hateful things to people. HATEFUL.

You accuse people of not being real fans. And Tex is doing the same thing. And neither of you think what you're doing is wrong. But it is.

"Fans like you PRAY for losses..."

Seriously? Wow. It sounds like you just don't like being wrong and knowing you were too drunk with Kool Aid to have seen what was coming. Sober up sometime and just listen to others. People have been around here a long time.

I was here when this board first started 10 years ago. Were you? I've talked a lot of football, year round, with people on here. The good, the bad, the indifferent. Rain. Shine. 12 people, total, on here. And now with its hundreds of posters.

I'm seriously pissed off right now.
Old 01-05-2013   #202
toronto
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72216 toronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respectedtoronto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today. 10 pages in three hours is a good run lol
If that's what you need, look at it this way. You played much frigging better today than you did against the Pats a month ago.

Most important was you got back to smashmouth with Foster, which to me is the #1 key to beating NE next week. They can't score if they don't have the ball.

Follow me @blakegk on twitter...the entertainment never stops...
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #203
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
I guess you are the ultimate fan. Nothing bad happens in your sunshine world. You can dictate who is a fan and who isn't.
Next to you, anyone is the ultimate fan.

I don't claim to be anything. Hell, I've been told I wasn't a fan many times in here, but I was actually bitching because we were a bad team that couldn't even sniff the playoffs. I won't ***** when we're here and actually winning in the playoffs.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #204
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
90% of the time the top teams make it to the Super Bowl.

Anytime a % is brought up and it is a nice number like 90 you know it is wrong.

Out of the last 5 superbowls, 4 of them have consisted of one playoff team that played in the WC week.

If there is one thing to be sure about in the NFL it is that there are going to be upsets.

Quote:
dude its about improvement heading into NE, which i didnt see today
Schaub was not sacked.

Defense held Cincy to 6 points

Run game was excellent.

You are telling me this is no different from the Colts or the Minny game? Or the Jags game when Henne lit us up?
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #205
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I don't know GP you are pretty knee jerk during gameday threads
In the final weeks I wasn't knee jerk. I was commentating on the implosion of this team.

I don't have time for this crap. This is what happens when loud mouth accusers get to say whatever they want, label people however they want, and nobody actually thinks for themselves. No, just go ahead and believe the person with the bullhorn.

LOL.
Old 01-05-2013   #206
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post
If that's what you need, look at it this way. You played much frigging better today than you did against the Pats a month ago.

Most important was you got back to smashmouth with Foster, which to me is the #1 key to beating NE next week. They can't score if they don't have the ball.
I've been saying this all month.

Just run the ball and if you are running the ball well, don't stop. Keep Brady off the field.

Foster and the Oline gave me hope today because they didn't do that against some trash defense.
Old 01-05-2013   #207
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 91991 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto View Post

Oline played great today. I've been one of the only ones bashing the Oline's play lately while everyone else blames Schaub for everything. Our running game was really good today, and people forget that is who we are. That is how we have won all season with running the ball to set up the play action. We had several wins this season just like we had today, and people were fine with it then, because our record looked great. Now it seems that these angry people want us to lose just so they can fly in here and say "I told you so" and ruin our excitement for the playoffs.
Old 01-05-2013   #208
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 56411 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't give a rat's ass what happened in the last Patriots game. Get over it. That's in the past. All that matters is how we both match up next week. I don't care about who would have beaten the Texans last year out of the Packers or the Giants. The point is that hardly anyone expected the Giants to make that run last season or in their first SB run. NO ONE thought that Eli could make all the clutch plays he did in their first SB run. But guess what!? It happened. It's possible. I don't think we'll win either, but I damn sure won't call it a loss until the game is over. I watch almost every Patriots game and they've got weaknesses all over their defense and their wideout is not that good either. You take Welker out and defend their TE's well, and their offense struggles. Can we do that? Probably not, but it's possible.

And no, you weren't all over this site talking about what pretenders we were when we had one loss. I didn't see all the bashing of this team from you like I do right now. We could have lost 3 out of 4 at the beginning of the year, and would you be happy at this moment now?? I bet you would. But what if we lost in the first round after winning like 8 in a row looking like a hot team??
The fact you just said that Matt Schaub could do what Eli Manning could do show me you have absolutely lost cred.... When has Matt Schaub EVER shown he could do anything like Eli Manning...

Then you need to do your research, like I said, I have been all over this team for the last month and even before that when they were winning ugly...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickspatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #209
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Anytime a % is brought up and it is a nice number like 90 you know it is wrong.

Out of the last 5 superbowls, 4 of them have consisted of one playoff team that played in the WC week.

If there is one thing to be sure about in the NFL it is that there are going to be upsets.

Schaub was not sacked.

Defense held Cincy to 6 points

Run game was excellent.

You are telling me this is no different from the Colts or the Minny game? Or the Jags game when Henne lit us up?
I put the Bengals in the same tier as the Jags and Lions and Bears...all those teams are teams we will beat. SHOULD beat.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that a win vs. the Bengals means we have a good shot vs. the Pats.

To say so is just very homer'ish. I stopped being a homer the day David Carr went belly up here. I learned from that. But hey, I'm a bad fan. I forgot. I should leave.
Old 01-05-2013   #210
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In the final weeks I wasn't knee jerk. I was commentating on the implosion of this team.

I don't have time for this crap. This is what happens when loud mouth accusers get to say whatever they want, label people however they want, and nobody actually thinks for themselves. No, just go ahead and believe the person with the bullhorn.

LOL.
Of course you weren't knee jerk in the last few games,the negativity was correct since the Texans lost ,but seriously seems I remember 1st quarter rants even when they won
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #211
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I put the Bengals in the same tier as the Jags and Lions and Bears...all those teams are teams we will beat. SHOULD beat.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend that a win vs. the Bengals means we have a good shot vs. the Pats.

To say so is just very homer'ish. I stopped being a homer the day David Carr went belly up here. I learned from that. But hey, I'm a bad fan. I forgot. I should leave.
Seriously?

The Jags are one of the worst teams in the NFL (if not the worst) and the Bengals are in the same tier as them?
Old 01-05-2013   #212
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:

LOL.
You have totally knee jerked on this team GP. You acted as if we were the team to beat going into the season, and the Texans did just that almost all season long. We end up having a few bad losses at the very end of the season, and you totally act like you have bailed on this team. I remember you getting upset when Rick Smith was criticized in the off season for some of his moves and getting this cap all messed up. Then you start all these threads whining because we couldn't get Manning when it was damn near impossible, but yet before the season you didn't want Rick Smith being criticized for his moves with this team's salary issues and his lack of moves to bring in a competent WR to compliment AJ. It was all about how great Martin would be even though he hadn't proved a thing. That was knee jerk as well. That is going from one extreme to the next with the drop of a hat.
Old 01-05-2013   #213
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
The fact you just said that Matt Schaub could do what Eli Manning could do show me you have absolutely lost cred.... When has Matt Schaub EVER shown he could do anything like Eli Manning...

Then you need to do your research, like I said, I have been all over this team for the last month and even before that when they were winning ugly...
I think 2010 in Washington was the last time I saw Schaub do something clutch in the final seconds of a game. The TD pass to AJ in the back of the EZ.

I still have that game on DVR. And I still rewatch it. But even with that win, guess how it came about? Shanahan got away from what had worked in the first half...he stopped passing the ball and tried to do what all former Denver coaches do: do the opposite of what had been working. Kubiak does the same thing, turtles up in the 2nd half and here lately he's been doing that in the damn 1st quarter!
Old 01-05-2013   #214
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Seriously?

The Jags are one of the worst teams in the NFL (if not the worst) and the Bengals are in the same tier as them?

Also obviously the Patriots are better than the Bengals...

But those three things I mentioned were all problems all during the previous mounth...even against so called teams we should have beat like the Colts and the Vikings.

Those games the Oline could not run block and was average at best at pass pro. Foster was not explosive at all, run game was pretty much stopped...and defense was shredded by some pretty bad QBs...
Old 01-05-2013   #215
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 243165 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
No, I mean we didnt blow out the bengals and yeah we left a lot of points on the field, but bitching about it his quickly is not healthy. Madden games has ruined fans
Has nothing to do with Madden. I've never even played Madden and think Fantasy football is the most ridiculous **** in the world. It's about the season being a series of games, one week at a time and some people focusing on the ultimate goal and where the Texans are in relation to that goal. Others are happy to get this weeks win and it makes the general state of "the quest" right now all better for them. Others still know that the team has put themselves in a tough spot and they're likely to get blasted next week in New England. Both groups are clearly annoyed with each other and tired of all the stupid sunshine pumping and pointless negativity that the other is bringing.

If the Texans win next weekend in New England all will be back on "The Right Track (TM)". If they don't this will be over for this season and it's on to draft and FA talk.
Old 01-05-2013   #216
aussie_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21345 aussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedaussie_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

cant we just enjoy the win for at least a day!!!!
havnt read the entire 101pages of this thread but if most people agree with the title....there is something wrong with you
aussie_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #217
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Seriously?

What did the Bengals look like today? LOL.

The Jags were up on the Patriots for most of the first half before Patriots finally remembered they were the better team.

Look, I get it: You look at RECORDS and that's what you base teams on. That's why you and Tex think the Texans are not worthy being downed by Texans fans.

12-4, we're in the playoffs and we just beat the Bengals! So, 1+1+1=A real chance vs. the Patriots next week.

Seriously, I have the right to my opinion and you yours.
Old 01-05-2013   #218
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 86686 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Dude, all u do is pump out conspiracy theories about what u think is going on or happened & simultaneously play both sides of the fence..you are the worst kind of fan b/c whether we win or lose, you've always got something to say that "proves" you were "right".

So, im not surprised that you're in here with your "yeah we won, but...." Garbage. Its par for the course with you and a few others in here.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #219
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 193947 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Packers fans HAVE BEEN to the Promised Land, Tex. Damn straight they think their guys can do it. Because they HAVE.

Our guys? They've earned the fickle nature of their fans. I haven't just started watching football in the past two years, Tex. Neither has BullNation. Neither has bckey. More than just YOU have seen what GREAT looks like and what less than great looks like.

The Giants are making people think that that's the rule...when it's just the exception. Fewer Cinderella teams like the Giants end up making it to the Super Bowl and then actually winning it. 90% of the time the top teams make it to the Super Bowl.

Every now and then your St. Louis Rams and your New York Giants take conventional wisdom and flip it on its head. Very few teams like those end up shocking the world.

Nobody is WISHING we lose. Who has said that? Show me. Nobody has. But because we're saying that the Pats are going to beat us with rubber hoses and laugh at us? That's more like bracing for the inevitable, which is not anything as evil as what you're pinning on some fans around here, Tex.

And I thought I was a person of extremes....
Maybe that's the point your missing. No one who is celebrating this win is completely happy with today's performance. We had way too damned many penalties at the wrong time (like there's ever a good time). Schaub completed 20 of 29 passes to RBs and TEs - where the hell are the WRs?? Special teams are giving up way too many yards on kickoffs. We still didn't convert but one of our redzone opportunities into a touchdown and had to settle for FGs again. Watt and Brooks still seem to be the only ones of our front seven that can muster a sack.

We see the warts. But despite those warts we won anyway. You say we beat a "lesser opponent". Maybe. But so frikkin' what?! We didn't make the schedule. We played whoever they sent here to play. Reliant is 2-0 in playoff land. And that's cause for celebration today.

And for the record, I don't expect to go up to New England and win. But I'm not going to let you steal my sunshine. Not today. There will be enough time for weeping and gnashing of teeth next week.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #220
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cinci isn't NE
would you be happeir if they lost?
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read