Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #161
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
The people who are saying the OP is classless are acting like classless people, too.

Just sayin'...

Tex, you've been generalizing and categorizing fans lately...it looks bad. Just let it go, man. You don't have to police the whole damn board and make people were badges so that we all know which people you want locked away.

People sometimes want to vent. You can ignore them or you can reply without the insults, man.
First, he called out Tex.
Second, what is there to vent about? Unless they're pissed because we won....?
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #162
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The people who are saying the OP is classless are acting like classless people, too.

Just sayin'...

Tex, you've been generalizing and categorizing fans lately...it looks bad. Just let it go, man. You don't have to police the whole damn board and make people were badges so that we all know which people you want locked away.

People sometimes want to vent. You can ignore them or you can reply without the insults, man.
Sorry, but if you flip flop on your own team in the best season of their existence, and can't even be happy that they won a playoff game, then THAT IS BAD. Shoot I've bitched and bitched about this team for years. So we had a bad end to a great regular season?? So what. Things don't always go perfectly. The Giants won the SB with an 8-8 season and a 9-7 season when hardly anyone gave their team a shot. I don't think we can do that, but it's not impossible. Stranger things have happened.

But spare me with this bull**** about me labeling anyone especially when I'm being called names for being happy about a win. If you can't be happy about a playoff win, then I don't think you're a fan. That defeats the entire purpose of being a fan. Getting to the playoffs is the first goal to a season. Then winning in the playoffs is next. We've done both so far. I don't hear you bitching about these people bashing our team with every post or the guy that calls me a dumbass because I'm happy about our team's victory. So, don't give me this BS about it "looking bad." I'm tired of hearing so called fans flip flopping on whether they want to support the team every week. That's as fair weather as it gets. We had a 12-4 season. Not a 7-9 or 4-12 season. I hate Kubiak with all I got as a HC. A part of me thinks we'll never win anything with that guy, but I can't do anything about that. I'll have to deal with him as a HC. But if we're in the playoffs, I'll be rooting on Gary and the team either way. I'd love for Gary Kubiak to prove me wrong. You want to ***** about everything wrong with the team and act like we suck then at least wait until the off season. Doing it in the playoffs when we win is pathetic.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #163
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
If you can't be happy over a playoff win, then I don't know what else to say.

Just become a fan of whomever the SB winner is every year.
Can't be happy about a team that has only scored 2 TDs in the last 3 games. let me say that again, 2 F'ing TDs in the last 3 games. You think FGs are going to beat an elite team like NE, but no be happy with a win over a mediocre Bengals team...

So there is a hell of allot more to say, and it isn't good. The farce that is the Houston Texans ends next week...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Pickpatrick!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #164
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
And there it is. Brady fan boy looking for attention. Don't waste your time people. Just another poster that's looking for attention. A typical 50 year old guy living in his mom's basement with a poster of Brady wanting to run his hands through his hair staring dreamely into his eyes...

man i remember when i was just a dumbass texan fan in the austin area that thought carr was a good qb. man so many long drives back to leander (4hrs) after another texan loss just to be called a BRADY FAN living in his moms basement. yeah i was there for packers and vikings this year. just to ride home wondering why i waste my time. sold the other games to pay for playoffs. sold that one too cause had to work this morning. did i say schaub sucks
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #165
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 101421 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Can't be happy about a team that has only scored 2 TDs in the last 3 games. let me say that again, 2 F'ing TDs in the last 3 games.

So there is a hell of allot more to say, and it isn't good...
Defense could score 10 TDs in the play offs and the offense zero, and we could win the superbowl. So who really cares how win as long as we win, and all i see is a team that is now 1-0 with 2 more games to go to get to the big dance.
Old 01-05-2013   #166
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I agree with bckey.

There's been too much berating of fans by fellow fans on here.

I think a lot of that is misplaced anger. Can't really do anything about the dwindling state of this franchise...so let's just take it out on fellow fans.
Maybe we are not the Steelers or Patriots or Packers....but dwindling?

The franchise as a whole has been moving forward, slowly gaining respect. I remember a time when some people didn't even know the Texans were a NFL team, couldn't name a player on the team, would lock the team into the top 10 of every draft...

I think a fan has every right to enjoy this, it may not last forever. Fans get spoiled. The moment this team goes back to being horrible (which is likely to happen as it happens with every franchise.) we'll all be wishing and hoping for the team just to make the playoffs and be relevant again.

Now i'm not saying be satisfied with only winning one playoff game a year...but enjoy the playoff years while you can. Some teams like the Bills can only look back YEARS ago to a period where they even made the playoffs.

Most fans are spoiled though. You let them win one playoff game and the next they are expecting a dynasty. I see Giants fans complaining about this and that and all I'm thinking is "Wow...they won two super bowls recently..."
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #167
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

i like TEX, not saying anything just saying
Old 01-05-2013   #168
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Wait 'til they get a load of me.........

Love all of us disfuctional Texans, no kidding. My adrenaline has waned after the game, whew!!
Come on Ace, you gotta use the visual
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #169
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
finish in the redzone is the end all be all. but we cant get it right. hell why cant we score from 20+ out to eliminate the red zone woes?
I don't think it's statistically probable for us to be that bad in the redzone continually, so i'm staying optimistic. I think our problem is always starting out with a run on 1st down if we are there. If we are in the 5 or so then by all means I think that's the right call, but it's generally more difficult for holes to open up in the redzone, and I think it can be a wasted play. Then you have the inevitable Schaub 4 yard out play and you're stuck on 3rd and 5 or 6 seemingly every time on a condensed field. I think we need to open up the play calling just a bit more in that area.
Old 01-05-2013   #170
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Come on Ace, you gotta use the visual
Lol, I should have. Can't rep, msr
Old 01-05-2013   #171
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't be happy about a team that has only scored 2 TDs in the last 3 games. let me say that again, 2 F'ing TDs in the last 3 games. You think FGs are going to beat an elite team like NE, but no be happy with a win over a mediocre Bengals team...

So there is a hell of allot more to say, and it isn't good. The farce that is the Houston Texans ends next week...
How about you end this week and stop posting?

Thanks.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #172
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 71306 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Defense could score 10 TDs in the play offs and the offense zero, and we could win the superbowl. So who really cares how win as long as we win, and all i see is a team that is now 1-0 with 2 more games to go to get to the big dance.
You keep living that little dream of yours...reality is about to kick your teeth in next week. You cannot, repeat CANNOT beat a team like NE on scoring 2 TDs in 12 quarters....

Texans won, yeah but still showed absolutely nothing in improving their red zone problems...

they just prolonged the inevitability one more week...

Old 01-05-2013   #173
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
No its because of the comments you make to fans of the Texans like this:
You guys come in here and bash our team and the rest of us after we win. Not in the regular season though, but in the playoffs! You can go root for some other team if you can't be happy when we're having success.
Old 01-05-2013   #174
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
How about you end this week and stop posting?

Thanks.
why, so you can live in your fantasy world about a team that choked their best way to the Super Bowl away? About a team that has not been good for 7 weeks and comes up with a win against a mediocre team in the Wildcard?

can't handle the truth, then block me, don't give a damn but facts are facts and the fact is, the Texans offense is in serious trouble next week...

Thanks

Old 01-05-2013   #175
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Maybe we are not the Steelers or Patriots or Packers....but dwindling?

The franchise as a whole has been moving forward, slowly gaining respect. ..."
I actually think we have been losing respect. Prime time losses to GB and NE killed any respect we obtained up to those games. Then the Texans went and blew the #1 seed, a bye week and home field throughout the playoffs. You would be lucky to find anyone picking the Texans and their slowly earned respect over the Patriots next week.
Old 01-05-2013   #176
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Sorry, but if you flip flop on your own team in the best season of their existence, and can't even be happy that they won a playoff game, then THAT IS BAD. Shoot I've bitched and bitched about this team for years. So we had a bad end to a great regular season?? So what. Things don't always go perfectly. The Giants won the SB with an 8-8 season and a 9-7 season when hardly anyone gave their team a shot. I don't think we can do that, but it's not impossible. Stranger things have happened.

But spare me with this bull**** about me labeling anyone especially when I'm being called names for being happy about a win. If you can't be happy about a playoff win, then I don't think you're a fan. That defeats the entire purpose of being a fan. Getting to the playoffs is the first goal to a season. Then winning in the playoffs is next. We've done both so far. I don't hear you bitching about these people bashing our team with every post or the guy that calls me a dumbass because I'm happy about our team's victory. So, don't give me this BS about it "looking bad." I'm tired of hearing so called fans flip flopping on whether they want to support the team every week. That's as fair weather as it gets. We had a 12-4 season. Not a 7-9 or 4-12 season. I hate Kubiak with all I got as a HC. A part of me thinks we'll never win anything with that guy, but I can't do anything about that. I'll have to deal with him as a HC. But if we're in the playoffs, I'll be rooting on Gary and the team either way. I'd love for Gary Kubiak to prove me wrong. You want to ***** about everything wrong with the team and act like we suck then at least wait until the off season. Doing it in the playoffs when we win is pathetic.
You have been bawling out fans left and right, though.

You say you don't like people ragging on "our" team, and then you go off half-cocked and tell people to basically go to hell and don't come back. I mean, seriously...who made you sheriff of Nottingham around here?

It's getting old. Just stop.

You can rant and rave and justify all you want. Go for it. Do your worst.
Old 01-05-2013   #177
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

any idea on gametime?
Old 01-05-2013   #178
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
why, so you can live in your fantasy world about a team that choked their best way to the Super Bowl away? About a team that has not been good for 7 weeks and comes up with a win against a mediocre team in the Wildcard?

can't handle the truth, then block me, don't give a damn but facts are facts and the fact is, the Texans offense is in serious trouble next week...

Thanks
Nope so you can stop pretending to be a fan with the rest of you losers who have nothing better to do then sit on a message board and pretend to be a fan but find anyway to criticize and never actually enjoy the Texans wins.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #179
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Thanks
But you're a BAD fan for saying that.

I mean, you're a rotten apple. There's a curb out there that you need to be kicked to. Get the **** out.
Old 01-05-2013   #180
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:

What I want to know is our you going to be happy if somehow we do beat the Patriots?? Would that actually excite you or would you still be bashing the team because they didn't throw for 400 yards or put 4 TD's in the air?? Because if for some reason we do end up winning, it's going to be pretty silly seeing you guys come back in here and act like you want us to win or want to see us make it to a SB. Sure, you can criticize things happening on the field, but you nor anyone else in here was wailing on Schaub every week when we were 10-1. I didn't hardly hear a peep from all these Schaub bashers who now act like he isn't good enough to play in Canada. That's being fair weather to me. You guys keep bringing up NE, but so what if we lose. At least we're able to be in that game and compete in it. Elite teams lose every year in the playoffs. The Packers lost last season after going 15-1 to a 9-7 team that backed into the playoffs. YOu see Packers fans rooting for their team to lose tonight?? Nope. They're right there excited for another possible playoff run this year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read