Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-30-2012   #61
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 42948 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What would be Schaub's trade value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Why the hell is he going to be our QB? We can't develope anyone with him here and we have no chance for SB with him. Oh forgot our braintrust signed him to an extension. Do they really know anything about QB's?? Remember Carr and Orvlosky.

You think we give a 5th round and someone may take him??
Good post. I take back my stale bag of Doritos and subtract 2 beers from the case of Old Milwaukee's Best.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012   #62
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Why the hell is he going to be our QB? We can't develope anyone with him here and we have no chance for SB with him. Oh forgot our braintrust signed him to an extension. Do they really know anything about QB's?? Remember Carr and Orvlosky.

You think we give a 5th round and someone may take him??
Any team that trades for him either has to be super desperate which I don't know if there's a team out there that desperate. The other option is that he would be a backup for whatever team trades for him. But this all moot because he has a huge salary and he's going to be here for the next couple of years. Best thing we can hope for is that they draft someone and develop him or give T.J. Yates a real shot.
Old 12-30-2012   #63
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5046 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

A few teams may give a 3rd for Schaub, but realistically you're looking at a 4th or 5th. Either way, he's staying because of the mega-deal he got.

That doesn't mean we have to start him though. If the playoff game is as putrid as the last two games, then Yates will deserve a fair chance to earn the job in the off season.

Also, why would we dump one robotic noodle-arm for another by picking up Alex Smith? If we're going to skip over Yates for someone on another roster, let's make Washington a deal for Kirk Cousins.
Old 12-30-2012   #64
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

take whatever arizona will give us for him.. make a run at philip rivers, spend a high draft pick on qb, sit behind rivers, flip yates for something..

Last edited by Premier; 12-30-2012 at 11:31 PM.
Premier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #65
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
The 3 loses were games in which we lost the LOS battle. Especially the game against the Vikes.

Blame Schaub for falling after wiffs, blame Foster for running in to a pile or falling every chance he gets, but they had one thing in common, the OL play.

When we were blowing opponents out, the O-Line was generally mauling the other team.

If the OL doesn't get it together then Foster will get hit behind the LOS every other play, his patience is a virtue with solid OL play, but with out the OL playing well, it results in lost yardage.

In Indy and the playoffs, I think you will be able to tell how the game will go withing a series or two based on two things. How is the O-Line Playing, and are the TE's involved in the game. In our loses and tight games we struggled with one of those two, or both issues, which took away deep drops for the longer throws, play action and the bootleg, and the running game.
The OL kept Schaub clean and played decent in the run game. OD played well as well. The red zone was rough, but TOP was outstanding at almost 39 minutes.

Many are pissed still, but this to me was classic Texans offense. Control the clock, give what the D will give you, exploit what opens up.

Take away the RZ trouble, and Matt's pick which was a bad throw but a better play by the CB and it would be hard to say we didn't outright dominate.

I can understand those that are concerned, hell I am, but I've reset my defcon level to cautiously optimistic,

Come on folks, crack another beer and enjoy at least one more week of the playoffs, and doesn't it feel good to go thru the week as winners?
Old 01-05-2013   #66
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
The OL kept Schaub clean and played decent in the run game. OD played well as well. The red zone was rough, but TOP was outstanding at almost 39 minutes.

Many are pissed still, but this to me was classic Texans offense. Control the clock, give what the D will give you, exploit what opens up.

Take away the RZ trouble, and Matt's pick which was a bad throw but a better play by the CB and it would be hard to say we didn't outright dominate.

I can understand those that are concerned, hell I am, but I've reset my defcon level to cautiously optimistic,

Come on folks, crack another beer and enjoy at least one more week of the playoffs, and doesn't it feel good to go thru the week as winners?
On that pick , Schaub had Walter wide open down field ..... A blown read on his part.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read