Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #61
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

I'm still laughing at the 'Referendom' thing.....lol.
Old 01-05-2013   #62
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
go learn the difference between a playoff game and a regular season game.
Yeah, well we just won a "playoff game." Give credit where it is due, or you're full of ****. Either that, or your some fan of some other team who is just trying to aggrivate people on this board.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #63
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I just saw my team choke away HFA through the playoffs and the easiest possible path to the Super Bowl ever. That's where I stand. One WC round win where the only TD Matt Schaub could manage was for the other team isn't going to change the fact that they pissed away their best shot at reaching the Super Bowl. I'm consistently disappointed in them until they do something that exceeds the failure of the last 4 games of this regular season.

Talk to me next week following a win in New England (should that come to pass) and maybe I'll be a little less negative.

Well, I see nothing in this win from Matt that would change my opinion of him. It was a pedestrian performance putting his lack of mobility and weak arm on display. Foster and the defense won this game. Schaub just didn't manage to lose it this week.

And that was with outstanding protection. He was given all the time in the world today and he did what he was told. Still was responsible for more Bengals points than Dalton and threw some of the ugliest passes I've ever seen. The one that Daniels spun around to catch was hilarious. The wounded duck that AJ couldn't hold onto was pretty good too.

I'm torn. Who doesn't like wins but at the same time the longer this fraud rides this team to victory the longer we'll have to hold on to him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, well we just won a "playoff game." Give credit where it is due, or you're full of ****. Either that, or your some fan of some other team who is just trying to aggrivate people on this board.

its done.

its time to start the process of looking for the future qb of the texans.

Matt did not rise to the occasion. He played a typical Matt Schaub game and GAry Kubiak coached a typical Gary Kubiak game.

Spend a 2nd to 4th round pick on a QB let him sit while Schaub plays out his contract.

Its done.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #64
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111966 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
its done.

its time to start the process of looking for the future qb of the texans.

Matt did not rise to the occasion. He played a typical Matt Schaub game and GAry Kubiak coached a typical Gary Kubiak game.

Spend a 2nd to 4th round pick on a QB let him sit while Schaub plays out his contract.

Its done.
I'd be fine with that if it's for a really good player with some great potential. Hell, I'd trade away two #1 picks and other picks for a top 3 draft pick at QB if it was for an RG3 type of talent. I have no problem replacing Schaub, but your hyperbole about how bad he is isn't accurate at all. He didn't play great today, but he didn't play bad at all either. He made several good throws and a lot of clutch plays to extend drives on 3rd down which is something that he has lacked this season. He did well with it today, so you can whine all about how isn't as good as Aaron Rogers all you want, but you're going to be trying to find a QB like that for the next 20 years, because it aint gonna happen. Schaub will most likely be here for probably two more seasons.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #65
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 237388 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This is the kind of thinking that sent Bum Phillips out of Houston 32 years ago and the Oilers spiraling into obscurity.

I have no doubt that the Texans could win a Superbowl with both in place. As a matter of a fact, I think it is likely. Are there coaches and QBs that would increase the likelihood? Yes. Can the team identify and transition to them successfully? I have no idea. Furthermore, has patience proven to be prudent for the health of the organization? Yes. Therefore, I expect the patience to continue... while you may disagree with it, hopefully you can at least understand that it is a logical course of action motivated by a desire for future success... We'll have to see if it pays off with a Superbowl (though, it won't happen this year barring a miracle).
I wonder how many of these doom-sayers recall that Bud reacted like some fans are preaching and tore down a 12-4 Oilers team when they didn't make the Super Bowl. He sent Warren Moon packing off to Minnesota and went with the backup. We finished 2-14 the very next year.

So be careful what you wish for. I'll take half-steps forward to a gigantic crash & burn backwards just to make a change.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #66
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub played a typical Schaub game and Kubiak coached a typical Kubiak game, eh? Well if that's typical and we won a playoff game with typical, then I'll take that.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #67
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 255440 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Normal zone bootleg:

Schaub's bootleg:

Old 01-05-2013   #68
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Normal zone bootleg:

Schaub's bootleg:

CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #69
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Lol^^^
Old 01-05-2013   #70
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I wonder how many of these doom-sayers recall that Bud reacted like some fans are preaching and tore down a 12-4 Oilers team when they didn't make the Super Bowl. He sent Warren Moon packing off to Minnesota and went with the backup. We finished 2-14 the very next year.

So be careful what you wish for. I'll take half-steps forward to a gigantic crash & burn backwards just to make a change.
What? Aw geez.

Yeah, that couldn't have ANYTHING to do with those players wanting/requiring bigger contracts (I remember that being one of the reasons for a few moves, IIRC). Bud is cheap as hell, as evidenced by his attire.

Plus, he was carving that team out like a pumpkin because he was about to move it all to Nashville. He was mad at many things, one way to get back at the city of Houston was to move the team...which came after having destroyed the Oilers' roster and making sure we all knew who was boss.

I don't think he did this because he thought the fans WANTED it.

That's a bigger conspiracy theory than anything I can even think up, Obsi.
Old 01-05-2013   #71
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'd be fine with that if it's for a really good player with some great potential. Hell, I'd trade away two #1 picks and other picks for a top 3 draft pick at QB if it was for an RG3 type of talent. I have no problem replacing Schaub, but your hyperbole about how bad he is isn't accurate at all. He didn't play great today, but he didn't play bad at all either. He made several good throws and a lot of clutch plays to extend drives on 3rd down which is something that he has lacked this season. He did well with it today, so you can whine all about how isn't as good as Aaron Rogers all you want, but you're going to be trying to find a QB like that for the next 20 years, because it aint gonna happen. Schaub will most likely be here for probably two more seasons.
Tex, we played the BENGALS.

He hasn't looked right since the Lions game on turkey day. He looked good up until that game...ever since, he hasn't looked right.

I would bet dollars to donuts that he comes out next season and has about 8 strong games to start the season, then that foot starts causing him problems...and he reverts back to what we've seen of him late in this season.

Something is wrong there. And I think the whole team knows it. I think it explains the general, overall glazed-over-eyes "look" we've seen on this team for the final games of the season. As if they know we've got a liability out there at QB.
Old 01-05-2013   #72
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 148026 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Referendom. Ok, I just wanted to misuse it one more time.
Old 01-06-2013   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I'll agree that Schaub didn't look as good as he has in the past. I wouldn't say he looked like crap though.

Quote:

I'd love to move on from Schaub, I'd love to upgrade that position.... but how did Cincinnati's 2nd rounder look yesterday?

I think Schaub looked better than that guy. He looked better than a few 1st rounders as well. Ponder, Locker, Gabbert, Tannehill.....
Old 01-06-2013   #74
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
I'll agree that Schaub didn't look as good as he has in the past. I wouldn't say he looked like crap though.

I'd love to move on from Schaub, I'd love to upgrade that position.... but how did Cincinnati's 2nd rounder look yesterday?

I think Schaub looked better than that guy. He looked better than a few 1st rounders as well. Ponder, Locker, Gabbert, Tannehill.....
He looked like he had a better RB and a better head for the game, except for that one throw (pick-6) that he should've known he can't make. He also looked like, well, let's put it this way, Dalton looked like he had a cannon for an arm, at least in comparison. The problem is that SB winning QBs usually have Dalton's arm AND Schaub's head, not one or the other.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #75
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
He looked like he had a better RB and a better head for the game, except for that one throw (pick-6) that he should've known he can't make. He also looked like, well, let's put it this way, Dalton looked like he had a cannon for an arm, at least in comparison. The problem is that SB winning QBs usually have Dalton's arm AND Schaub's head, not one or the other.
If by some miracle we get past New England & the Ravens get past Denver, do you think Matt can play well enough to get us to the Super Bowl?
Old 01-06-2013   #76
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Referendumb passed.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #77
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Referendumb passed.
1 TD in 4 redzone trips.....
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #78
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
No he had some good moments.

The pick-six was on him and just blatant stupidity, especially if you notice Johnson comes open right as he throws to Casey. The ball to Johnson in the end-zone I put on Schaub because AJ was wide open and Matt throws it low and away. The other one to OD I think could go either way but believe the reason Schaub threw it so far out was he thought OD was going to continue and instead OD pulls up. If OD continues it is a perfect pass.

Over-all I am glad Matt played as well as he did yesterday but it will need to get to another level against the Pats. They have to play pretty much mistake free to have a chance.
No, the pass in the end zone was low and away because Wade Smith got beat straight away and the DT was in Schaub's grill with arms up in front of the throw.
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #79
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
Some of that is on Gary being conservative.
Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #80
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Normal zone bootleg:

Schaub's bootleg:

Excellent diagram. Yeah and this is not just some of the time but all the time.
Why does he do this? Does he know he is doing this?
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read