Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #61
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 20009 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Hell ****ing yeah I'm happy with a wild card win!! WHy wouldn't I be??

I hate the fact that we had to play a wild card game and lost home field advantage, but that's the situation we got ourselves in. They took care of business and have the opportunity to get their confidence back now. Will they? Who knows, but all that matters is winning the next game. Any other game before next week doesn't matter. Not even the one we just played. It's one game at a time, and there is no way I'd be upset after just winning a playoff game. We won the damn game. Be happy that we're at least in position to make noise in the playoffs instead of looking for reasons to be mad at this team when we just won a playoff game.
So you seen enough today to expect us to win at NE. Same old Texans today bro. How much you got on texans at NE? A dollar?
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #62
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 119552 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRice View Post
Is is why Houston teams can't win championship. They have a looser fan base who's happy with whatever they get. plus the media is soft as **** on the teams. Looser mentality gets you looser teams.
hmmmm you must mean the jaguars i mean the browns, i mean the lions, i mean the bengals, i mean the Redskins, i mean the vikings, i mean the chiefs, i mean the rams, i mean the cardinals, i mean the dolphins

Cause we have had more success than these teams in our existence.
Old 01-05-2013   #63
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 20009 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
handled one of the most talented lines (on both sides) today. we'll run the ball on NE if they play like today
Really? You think our lines will.dominate NE? Even if they do you think Brady will kick fgs to keep it close?
Old 01-05-2013   #64
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
So you seen enough today to expect us to win at NE. Same old Texans today bro. How much you got on texans at NE? A dollar?
No, I don't "expect" them to win against NE. NE has a HOF QB and arguably the best coach of all time. If we lose the Patriots I won't jump off a bridge. But I certainly won't act like we're failures either.

Again, if you can't be happy over winning a playoff game, then why root for any team. That's the whole point. It's one thing to ***** and not be happy when your 8-8 team wins their last game of the season and you're a perrenial loser, but this is the 2nd season in a row that the Texans have won a wild card game in their first two playoff seasons. I will enjoy it and be proud of my team today. We are capable of beating the Patriots and we can beat them. We probably won't, but for you to have zero confidence at all in your team is pretty sad.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #65
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude, gets some counseling bro.......seriously........

We won. Anything can happen bro, in the next game.
Old 01-05-2013   #66
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
so you think NE has the same defense as the Bengals??
Um good enough to get to a 28-0 lead right?
Old 01-05-2013   #67
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so as long as you beat a team once, the next game is going to go exactly like that .......hmmm you're crazy
Old 01-05-2013   #68
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160519 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Please forgive the question, nothing to do with the topic. Did you folks get any snow accumulation up there in Leander?

(again, sorry)
Old 01-05-2013   #69
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 120208 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodness, we can't just enjoy the moment. it can't be healthy for some of y'all . I think we screwed the pooch by not winning the no. 1 seed, but relaxed a bit and enjoyed the moment.

Houston has only hosted 7 playoff games EVER
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #70
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
No, I don't "expect" them to win against NE. NE has a HOF QB and arguably the best coach of all time. If we lose the Patriots I won't jump off a bridge. But I certainly won't act like we're failures either.

Again, if you can't be happy over winning a playoff game, then why root for any team. That's the whole point. It's one thing to ***** and not be happy when your 8-8 team wins their last game of the season and you're a perrenial loser, but this is the 2nd season in a row that the Texans have won a wild card game in their first two playoff seasons. I will enjoy it and be proud of my team today. We are capable of beating the Patriots and we can beat them. We probably won't, but for you to have zero confidence at all in your team is pretty sad.
Well they did put that zero confidence in me. Fgs bro, fgs. Same today as last few weeks. Fgs won't beat Brady. My expectations exceed yours. Wildcard wins are cute but the ballers are waiting. So if we get run off the field again are you satisfied?
Old 01-05-2013   #71
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
so as long as you beat a team once, the next game is going to go exactly like that .......hmmm you're crazy
You think this team has gotten better since then? Didn't see it today
Old 01-05-2013   #72
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 160519 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Goodness, we can't just enjoy the moment. it can't be healthy for some of y'all . I think we screwed the pooch by not winning the no. 1 seed, but relaxed a bit and enjoyed the moment.

Houston has only hosted 7 playoff games EVER
I KNOW Kerrville got snow...lol.
Old 01-05-2013   #73
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Please forgive the question, nothing to do with the topic. Did you folks get any snow accumulation up there in Leander?

(again, sorry)
No, just a little sleet. A lot of rain
Old 01-05-2013   #74
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cinci isn't NE
Nor were they Baltimore last year, but the Texans won a close won last year against the Bengals then played much better on the road against Baltimore with Yates at QB. I prefer to be in the underdog role against NE. They respond too well to all perceived slights.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #75
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 86293 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

**** you OP.
Old 01-05-2013   #76
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I expect the Texans to be demolished by the Pats. And it's not even about the HFA but more about what I saw today.
Old 01-05-2013   #77
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Dude, gets some counseling bro.......seriously........

We won. Anything can happen bro, in the next game.
Yeah anything can happen. Or a trend will be a trend
Old 01-05-2013   #78
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 103999 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not happy with what exactly? Let's assume, for the sake of argument, that we lose next week. We will have won 13 games this year, all of our key pieces come back and we are not in salary cap hell. Rumors of AJs demise have obviously been exaggerated and we will have our second best defensive player back. Dude think about that. Brian Cushing would instantly be the best defensive player on all but ,maybe 4 or 5 teams in the league. We are one of those teams. Is it Superbowl or bust? Do you think this was the window? Its shut now? Why not list key players on this team that are on the wrong side of 30? Pretty short list. Last year we cracked the window a little bit, we aren't shutting it any time soon. If you are disappointed I get that, but all of the bitching? Seriously? Do people just not remember wondering when we would finally win a game?

This isn't like the Browns one and out and wait a decade, we are a contender for the forseeable future. Wonder where DTE is..

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #79
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well they did put that zero confidence in me. Fgs bro, fgs. Same today as last few weeks. Fgs won't beat Brady. My expectations exceed yours. Wildcard wins are cute but the ballers are waiting. So if we get run off the field again are you satisfied?
No, I won't be satisfied, but I won't act like our team stinks either. I'll be enjoying watching my team compete in the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd season in a row. We've got a HC that I think we'll always hold us back, but I'll enjoy the ride. I won't sit here like some whiney ass just because I don't think we're as good as the Patriots knowing we can still pull off a win if we play our best game. That's what it will take. Will we do it? Probably not, but I'll be excited to watch us try. With you, the season is already over and there is no reason to even watch, because it's impossible that we could possibly win. I don't know why you even care about this team if you can't be happy to see them give it their best shot in the playoffs. And as far as the Wild Card game goes, that's one extra Texans game I get to watch. We won, and any playoff victory is a big win.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #80
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 119552 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I expect the Texans to be demolished by the Pats. And it's not even about the HFA but more about what I saw today.
Yeah that defense left me with no hope as well, i mean not dominate at all. Looked slow and sloppy gave up a million 3rd downs, i feel ya

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read