Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #41
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 162338 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Yeah i live next to a bengals fan, he and his wife and kids are from ohio. We are really good friends, and last season his 2nd favorite team was the texans until we beat them.

Now he just sent me a message saying we're not welcome at their house anymore haha (he's kidding) but its funny.
I like this, just from a friendship kind of viewpoint...lol.
Old 01-05-2013   #42
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Enjoy what? A win.vs cinci? What dis you enjoy after last game vs NE. Same old Texans today
handled one of the most talented lines (on both sides) today. we'll run the ball on NE if they play like today
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #43
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenRice View Post
Please go for it on 4th down when you 1 yard to go instead of pointless FG and no more stupid screen passes.
I was frustrated by this too, but I saw why - our D was red hot and absolutely stifling the Bengals. Pinning them down in their territory with a punt is much smarter than giving them a short field, especially with the way the D was killing it out there.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #44
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 3231 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
i sat through the 2-14 season wishing the team would be as competitive as the team we have now.

back to back afc south champs. back to back playoff wins. i'll take it.

whatever happens, happens.
This is why Houston teams can't win championship. They have a looser fan base who's happy with whatever they get. plus the media is soft as **** on the teams. Looser mentality gets you looser teams.

Just thank god for Hakeem
GlenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #45
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Already with the unhappiness? Jezzzz. Can't we wait at least until tommorow for this?

It's not like the win displeases me. I'm not unhappy they won or anything like that. I just wasn't going to breakout the fireworks and fire up the margarita machine over a home win against the Bengals. Particularly not a home win where the Texans could only muster one touchdown.... again.

Nothing's is fixed. The defense held down another fair-to-good team at home. Big deal, that's easily done. Lets see them save our asses in New England next week. That will be a real trick. Even if we get the same effort from the defense and Arian Foster shows up like he did today we still aren't going to win against the Patriots with Schaub playing the way he has for the last 5-6 games.

Schaub was lousy.
Old 01-05-2013   #46
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cinci isn't NE
stfu
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #47
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 122341 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I like this, just from a friendship kind of viewpoint...lol.
yeah he is in the air force, we have all become really good friends. Funny we have beaten them 2 years in a row in the play-offs since we met.
Old 01-05-2013   #48
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is is why Houston teams can't win championship. They have a looser fan base who's happy with whatever they get. plus the media is soft as **** on the teams. Looser mentality gets you looser teams.

Yes, we are Texans fans. We are "loose".
Old 01-05-2013   #49
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
yeah he is in the air force, we have all become really good friends. Funny we have beaten them 2 years in a row in the play-offs since we met.
Make friends with a Patriots fan....QUICK!!!!
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #50
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 134590 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is is why Houston teams can't win championship. They have a looser fan base who's happy with whatever they get. plus the media is soft as **** on the teams. Looser mentality gets you looser teams.
I don't think the 'loser' fanbase was happy with what it saw the past 1-3 weeks now. Texans fans have learned to have expectations from their team. They came through today with a W.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #51
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 3231 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownfan32 View Post
I was frustrated by this too, but I saw why - our D was red hot and absolutely stifling the Bengals. Pinning them down in their territory with a punt is much smarter than giving them a short field, especially with the way the D was killing it out there.
Well I'm talking about next week against the pats. FG will kill this team next week.
GlenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #52
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 16186 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
yeah because fans dictate what happens on the field......

philly is harder on their teams than anyone and what championships have they won?
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #53
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If nothing else, at least we're going to NE and not the Bengals. I think it's kind of cool we've beaten the Bengals two years in a row. It's not a lot, but it's something. And you can bet your ass Bengal fans know it. LOL
Speaking of which, Lewis is still Oh-fer in the playoffs. We're 2-1. I'd rather be here than a Bengals fan.

And Brady ain't invincible either.

I sure hope that our defense isn't as scared crapless of the Pats as some of you guys are.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #54
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3090 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

still not happy 01-05-2013 07:00 PM Hervoyel Charming. Do us all a favor and you STFU.

lol.

Just got ex-mod negged by father time.

Not even mad. Not even gonna neg back. lol.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #55
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7154 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

The penalties almost cost the win for us, but the D played great.
Old 01-05-2013   #56
AMartin56
Veteran

Rep Power: 2935 AMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respectedAMartin56 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not bouncing off the walls either but I'm glad they won. If nothing else it's another week were I can tell Cowboy fans to suck it (I don't live in Houston).
AMartin56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #57
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 162338 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody get the impression NBC is thrilled to get on with the REAL game? Holy crap.
Old 01-05-2013   #58
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Cinci isn't NE
You're right. Cinci's defense is way better.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #59
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Yes, we are Texans fans. We are "loose".
After years of getting .... well, never mind.
Old 01-05-2013   #60
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Anybody get the impression NBC is thrilled to get on with the REAL game? Holy crap.
AP! AP! AP! Did'nt you hear? AP!
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read