Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #21
Surreal McCoy
All Pro

Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: still not happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
I dont see how anyone can pump sunshine out of this game... We beat the bengals in almost all phases of the game and we barely came out with the W. Plus we shouldnt have been playing this week anyway. Im not counting us out but we've got a long shot to beat NE.
Great point. BCS is gonna hammer us this week.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #22
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

How many tds in the red zone? Good luck vs brady
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #23
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 223945 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I do like the fact that I can say 13-4 for the first time in my football sports life.

Hey man, shiit happens. NE and Denver aren't robots.
If nothing else, at least we're going to NE and not the Bengals. I think it's kind of cool we've beaten the Bengals two years in a row. It's not a lot, but it's something. And you can bet your ass Bengal fans know it. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #24
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
Great point. BCS is gonna hammer us this week.
Um BCS is Tom Brady, see previous meeting
Old 01-05-2013   #25
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans played very well except for two areas: Red Zone execution and penalties. Too many penalties have dogged this team for the last few weeks, too many times negating first downs on offense and giving the opponent a first down on a defensive penalty that would have otherwise led to 4th down.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #26
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Well I guess your happy with a wildcard win I though we wouldn't be playing this round.
Hell ****ing yeah I'm happy with a wild card win!! WHy wouldn't I be??

I hate the fact that we had to play a wild card game and lost home field advantage, but that's the situation we got ourselves in. They took care of business and have the opportunity to get their confidence back now. Will they? Who knows, but all that matters is winning the next game. Any other game before next week doesn't matter. Not even the one we just played. It's one game at a time, and there is no way I'd be upset after just winning a playoff game. We won the damn game. Be happy that we're at least in position to make noise in the playoffs instead of looking for reasons to be mad at this team when we just won a playoff game.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #27
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If nothing else, at least we're going to NE and not the Bengals. I think it's kind of cool we've beaten the Bengals two years in a row. It's not a lot, but it's something. And you can bet your ass Bengal fans know it. LOL
Yeah i live next to a bengals fan, he and his wife and kids are from ohio. We are really good friends, and last season his 2nd favorite team was the texans until we beat them.

Now he just sent me a message saying we're not welcome at their house anymore haha (he's kidding) but its funny.
Old 01-05-2013   #28
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

I posted this in the game thread but....

look at the 2010/11 season. The Jets got embarrassed by the Pats to the tune of 45-3 on Monday night football. They went into Foxboro in January and beat the Patriots. 28-21. With Mark Sanchez at QB...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #29
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so you think NE has the same defense as the Bengals??
Old 01-05-2013   #30
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

still dont care
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #31
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
I posted this in the game thread but....

look at the 2010/11 season. The Jets got embarrassed by the Pats to the tune of 45-3 on Monday night football. They went into Foxboro in January and beat the Patriots. 28-21. With Mark Sanchez at QB...
Old 01-05-2013   #32
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We settled for 4 FGs yes it sucks BUT i saw a better offense this week then i have seen in a while for the texans. The bengals defense is way better that the patriots defense.

AND our defense looked like it did early in the season. Everyone swarming to the ball, i saw intensity which we havent seen in a while.

Honestly ssing an improvment should be encouraging.
Lol, Brady is waiting. 21-0 first qtr
Old 01-05-2013   #33
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 681 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected

Please go for it on 4th down when you 1 yard to go instead of pointless FG and no more stupid screen passes.
GlenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #34
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Wow, sorry no offense and don't mean to name call but............................................neg ative nancy.
Old 01-05-2013   #35
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

i sat through the 2-14 season wishing the team would be as competitive as the team we have now.

back to back afc south champs. back to back playoff wins. i'll take it.

whatever happens, happens.
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #36
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 87155 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well then leave the forum and dont watch the game. What you wanna do, either watch the game and hope we win. Or declare us dead already and dont bother watching.

Lord people some of you are impossible to make happy.
Old 01-05-2013   #37
htownfan32
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 109144 htownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respectedhtownfan32 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's your prerogative to be cynical about this team, but I wouldn't ever cynically wish my team luck. I'm going to be cheering from home for us to beat NE. Yes, could we have done things better? Definitely. Redzone woes bother me a bit. But we won today, and that's going to do some stuff for our team's confidence. Our D played like our D, and hell, even the offense clicked MUCH MUCH more than it has recently. I see a team that's gotten off that skid it was on last weekend.

I'm praying and hoping and cheering for them to win next weekend. I don't care if it's NE or the Chiefs - I'm going to support this team.
htownfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #38
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
Enjoy this one for a little while. Geez. At least we have a chance for redemption instead of no chance at all.
Enjoy what? A win.vs cinci? What dis you enjoy after last game vs NE. Same old Texans today
Old 01-05-2013   #39
GlenRice
Veteran

Rep Power: 681 GlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respectedGlenRice is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It might get ugly next Sunday
GlenRice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #40
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well I guess your happy with a wildcard win I though we wouldn't be playing this round.
Maybe you should cry like a little girl about it? That might help.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read