Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013   #61
Jules Winnfield
BMF
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 175
Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
The Texans Oline gave up 15 sacks before the NE game. And it took him 27 carries to get that 100 yard game.

Since the NE game the Texans have given up 12 sacks. That's practically the same amount in the 4 games then what they gave up in the first 12 games. If you want to ignore that because you have a vendetta against our QB, then just admit that you don't like the guy because he's not a flashy QB. But don't sit here and say you've watched these games if you're going to blame everything on the QB and totally deny that the Oline's been struggling.


Arian Foster has had one 100 yard game in the last 5 GAMES.


Now I'm sorry, but if you can't see that there has been a problem with pass protection, run protection, and with the running game period, then you're just denying things on purpose or don't understand simple math.


Schaub may have been struggling as well, but to deny that the rest of the offense has and to place blame on one player of an offense before the game even starts is showing your agenda to bash a player because you don't like him. Go ahead and deny the rest of the problems on the offense that was ranked 2nd in scoring just a few weeks ago, but the numbers indicate that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

im sorry but you just come off as a pathetic schaub slurper to me.

this is the nfl. the pocket always crumble. the entire defense is trying to go after the qb. you're not always going to have perfect protection.

If you have to get perfect protection in order to succeed then its time to look for a new quarterback.

You trying to portray the oline that has 3 freaking probowlers as some historically bad line just reeks of shameless dishonesty.

Im going to say it again,

this oline hasnt been perfect but they have been more than good enough to win. The QB plays a huge role in pass protection, not just the oline.

For you to blame the oline in order to find a scapegoat for matt's piss poor play is pathetic.

go learn some football kid.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #62
mussop
Hall of Fame
 
mussop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,164
Rep Power: 94431 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Both have been sucking it up lately.

Schaub has no experience in the playoffs, he has folded in the primetime games this year and with #1 seed/bye on the line. What confidence does he have? Especially with the right side of theOline?

Kubiak might not be on the hot seat because of the playoffs last year, the Division title this year and the playoffs in 12= but a 1 and done could jeapordize a long tenure.
Dude you are nothing but a troll! How about you go watch the Ravens get beat by a rookie QB and start a thread about how your team sucks now and their future looks like its only going to get worse.
__________________
"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." Albert Einstein
mussop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #63
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,507
Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
im sorry but you just come off as a pathetic schaub slurper to me.

this is the nfl. the pocket always crumble. the entire defense is trying to go after the qb. you're not always going to have perfect protection.

If you have to get perfect protection in order to succeed then its time to look for a new quarterback.

You trying to portray the oline that has 3 freaking probowlers as some historically bad line just reeks of shameless dishonesty.

Im going to say it again,

this oline hasnt been perfect but they have been more than good enough to win. The QB plays a huge role in pass protection, not just the oline.

For you to blame the oline in order to find a scapegoat for matt's piss poor play is pathetic.

go learn some football kid.
I posted numbers that indicate what I am saying is true. It can't be argued. It's fact as the numbers indicate a poor running game and poor protection in that time span. You have posted nothing but spewage because you hate a player without even addressing the lack of 100 yard games in the last 5 games or the increase in sack numbers in the last 4 games. Sorry, but I'll take my arguments that at least have some facts supporting them as opposed to some band wagon fan who is wanting to place blame on our players before the game even starts and is ready to jump off a cliff. You create an account just because we had a bad stretch of games and can't even address real stats that effect an offense. Go back and root for the Cowboys or something, because you don't watch this team that often from what I can tell. If we win, I'll be celebrating while you'll be sulking and getting ready to blame Schaub before the next game starts. Go Texans!!!

Now find another band wagon to jump off of.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #64
Jules Winnfield
BMF
 
Jules Winnfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 175
Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I posted numbers that indicate what I am saying is true. It can't be argued. It's fact as the numbers indicate a poor running game and poor protection in that time span. You have posted nothing but spewage because you hate a player without even addressing the lack of 100 yard games in the last 5 games or the increase in sack numbers in the last 4 games. Sorry, but I'll take my arguments that at least have some facts supporting them as opposed to some band wagon fan who is wanting to place blame on our players before the game even starts and is ready to jump off a cliff. You create an account just because we had a bad stretch of games and can't even address real stats that effect an offense. Go back and root for the Cowboys or something, because you don't watch this team that often from what I can tell. If we win, I'll be celebrating while you'll be sulking and getting ready to blame Schaub before the next game starts. Go Texans!!!

Now find another band wagon to jump off of.

your numbers didnt back up squat.

12 sacks in 4 games?????

wow no way!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE WORST IN HISTORY!!!!

GTFO PLEASE.

look at what other QBs have to go through with their line. look at what rogers and luck have to work with.


im not going anywhere. just because you dont pump sunshine and rainbows up everybody's asses doesnt make you a bandwagoner.

im born and bred in houston and all of my critiques are warranted and i aint joining anything. Il be right here praising if its warranted and bashing if its warranted.

DEAL WITH IT.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #65
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,507
Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
your numbers didnt back up squat.

12 sacks in 4 games?????

wow no way!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE WORST IN HISTORY!!!!

GTFO PLEASE.

look at what other QBs have to go through with their line. look at what rogers and luck have to work with.


im not going anywhere. just because you dont pump sunshine and rainbows up everybody's asses doesnt make you a bandwagoner.

im born and bred in houston and all of my critiques are warranted and i aint joining anything. Il be right here praising if its warranted and bashing if its warranted.

DEAL WITH IT.
Wow, your only rebuttal is to compare Schaub to a HOF QB and an all world rookie talent. Basically you're saying if your QB isn't like them, then they're garbage. Totally different offenses and different skill sets, and if you think that Rogers doesn't have a plethora of weapons then you might want to study the Packers. Did you just start watching the Texans? Schaub's deficiencies have always been there. None of this stuff with him is new. Yet, the Texans have still had pretty good offenses year after year. Hell, I'd like to replace Schaub, but your posts are nothing but hyperbole on him. You give no credit at all.

And what really makes your entire argument so laughable and uninformed was where you said that the Oline has 3 Pro Bowlers so their play couldn't be criticized no matter what happened in the last few weeks. Yet, you obviously are clueless to the fact that Schaub is a pro bowler as well, so by your own argument Schaub is not able to be criticized since he is a pro bowler like the Olineman. Guess you can't criticize Schaub either then. Lol! Dummy.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #66
handswarmer
All Pro
 
handswarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Town of Bel Air, Peoples Republic of Maryland.
Posts: 780
Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Dude you are nothing but a troll! How about you go watch the Ravens get beat by a rookie QB and start a thread about how your team sucks now and their future looks like its only going to get worse.
How did i get this far in life without you?

Its over....I can't bear it anymore

Matter of fact, I did score a ticket to go watch the last home game of one the 2 greatest Linebackers to ever play the game today. For Free even!

Bet that crushes you...

I'm sorry for you- I really am.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #67
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!
 
Goodwrench3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Curitiba,Brazil
Posts: 460
Rep Power: 5468 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

"I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best."
FLACCO,Joe.
__________________
Texans!
Goodwrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #68
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,514
Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

I don't think Kubiak would have these problems if he had Brady, either Manning, Brees, Rodgers, or quite possibly about 5 other somewhat lesser QBs.

Schaub is like Kubiak himself; he should be a QB Coach, not a QB.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #69
Lucky
Moderator
 
Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,204
Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think it's on the defense raising the level of play and taking over the game.
Fortuneatly, I was right. Because Schaub and Kubiak did not elevate their game. Next week, I'm more likely to agree with the OP premise.
__________________
“We’re looking for a coach that...works with great energy and enthusiasm and very positive in his approach.” - Bob McNair
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #70
Mr teX
Hall of Fame
 
Mr teX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Everyone Wants The Throne
Posts: 7,729
Rep Power: 96241 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I don't think Kubiak would have these problems if he had Brady, either Manning, Brees, Rodgers, or quite possibly about 5 other somewhat lesser QBs.

Schaub is like Kubiak himself; he should be a QB Coach, not a QB.
Yeah, a coach would look better with a top 5 qb in the league....way to go out on a limb there partner..
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #71
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame
 
Texecutioner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,507
Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Yeah, a coach would look better with a top 5 qb in the league....way to go out on a limb there partner..
Yeah, big time statement there. Our coach would do better with a top 5 QB. Who would have thought that. Lol!


What I don't get from these people that seem like they just started watching football who make these statements is how they think they're going to get a top 5 QB. They think that we can just go into the off season and demand Tom Brady or Andrew Luck from their other team and we just buy him like he's at Target or something. These people have zero cred when they say that kind of thing. I definitely want to replace Schaub, but this whole "if we had a guy like Rodgers or Brady" crap is such nonsense, because we don't have a guy like that and there is no way to "just get one" when every other team in the league wants one. So essentially we're like one of 25 other teams who are trying to get that kind of guy and there isn't even always one that is in every draft. Some years are bad QB years for the draft even. People just talk to talk when they say that. Who wouldn't want a top 5 QB? I know that I would, but there has to be a plan to get one, and more then likely that will involve the draft somehow. People talk like getting an elite QB is as easy as getting a competent kicker in any given off season.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #72
Surreal McCoy
All Pro
 
Surreal McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 505
Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, big time statement there. Our coach would do better with a top 5 QB. Who would have thought that. Lol!

What I don't get from these people that seem like they just started watching football who make these statements is how they think they're going to get a top 5 QB. They think that we can just go into the off season and demand Tom Brady or Andrew Luck from their other team and we just buy him like he's at Target or something. These people have zero cred when they say that kind of thing. I definitely want to replace Schaub, but this whole "if we had a guy like Rodgers or Brady" crap is such nonsense, because we don't have a guy like that and there is no way to "just get one" when every other team in the league wants one. So essentially we're like one of 25 other teams who are trying to get that kind of guy and there isn't even always one that is in every draft. Some years are bad QB years for the draft even. People just talk to talk when they say that. Who wouldn't want a top 5 QB? I know that I would, but there has to be a plan to get one, and more then likely that will involve the draft somehow. People talk like getting an elite QB is as easy as getting a competent kicker in any given off season.

They'll cite Denver getting Manning and say the Texans didn't even try to talk to him about coming here. Nevermind the fact Denver had gobs of cap room whereas we had none. It's like they've played Madden this whole time with salary cap 'off'.
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #73
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,441
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Yeah, big time statement there. Our coach would do better with a top 5 QB. Who would have thought that. Lol!


What I don't get from these people that seem like they just started watching football who make these statements is how they think they're going to get a top 5 QB. They think that we can just go into the off season and demand Tom Brady or Andrew Luck from their other team and we just buy him like he's at Target or something. These people have zero cred when they say that kind of thing. I definitely want to replace Schaub, but this whole "if we had a guy like Rodgers or Brady" crap is such nonsense, because we don't have a guy like that and there is no way to "just get one" when every other team in the league wants one. So essentially we're like one of 25 other teams who are trying to get that kind of guy and there isn't even always one that is in every draft. Some years are bad QB years for the draft even. People just talk to talk when they say that. Who wouldn't want a top 5 QB? I know that I would, but there has to be a plan to get one, and more then likely that will involve the draft somehow. People talk like getting an elite QB is as easy as getting a competent kicker in any given off season.
I think for the most part, those guys are saying to draft someone with a first day pick. Let him sit for the first year or until Schaub gets hurt & go from there.

It makes sense, if you think Schaub has hit his ceiling and/or is injury prone.

They've also said that we should go after a guy like Cutler (doesn't look like he'll be available, but if he was...) or Flacco or even Alex Smith & that person would look as good as Schaub because of their added mobility & Kubiak's "system"

Which also makes sense. This idea that Matt is irreplaceable, or that we can not find someone better is actually sillier & defeatist especially if you think there is room for improvement.

I don't believe you have to have an "elite" QB to win the Super Bowl. Eli Manning has won 2 & I don't care what you say, he's not elite. Take away that pass rush & let him win a Super Bowl, then I might change my mind. Our pass rush doesn't look like the Giants, but our defense is just as good & I think good enough to win with Schaub at QB.

I also don't care to waste draft picks looking for diamonds when we've got enough problems to address.

But that's just me.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #74
Lucky
Moderator
 
Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,204
Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
They'll cite Denver getting Manning and say the Texans didn't even try to talk to him about coming here. Nevermind the fact Denver had gobs of cap room whereas we had none. It's like they've played Madden this whole time with salary cap 'off'.
That is correct, the Texans didn't have the cap space. Had the Texans been able to make a run at Manning, would they have? Not a chance in hell. So let's be honest about that.
__________________
“We’re looking for a coach that...works with great energy and enthusiasm and very positive in his approach.” - Bob McNair
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #75
Surreal McCoy
All Pro
 
Surreal McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 505
Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

So much for Andrew Luck being better than Schaub. Just threw a pick that sealed the win for BAL.

Gawd this is easy using soaper logic
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #76
thunderkyss 
& so it begins
 
thunderkyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 42
Posts: 34,441
Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
That is correct, the Texans didn't have the cap space. Had the Texans been able to make a run at Manning, would they have? Not a chance in hell. So let's be honest about that.
Do you think they should have? When has something like this ever worked out for the Texans? Boselli? Green? Moulds?

I love Peyton Manning, but I guarantee if we'd have picked him up & put Schaub on the bench, things just wouldn't have worked out for us.

I know that sounds stupid, but outright cutting Matt Schaub (or not extending his contract) sounds just as stupid.
__________________
thunderkyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #77
Lucky
Moderator
 
Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,204
Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Do you think they should have?
In hindsight, sure. At the time, both were coming off major injuries. Signing Peyton was great for the Broncos. Extending Schaub not looking like a good move for the Texans.
__________________
“We’re looking for a coach that...works with great energy and enthusiasm and very positive in his approach.” - Bob McNair
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #78
Surreal McCoy
All Pro
 
Surreal McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 505
Rep Power: 13529 Surreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respectedSurreal McCoy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
In hindsight, sure. At the time, both were coming off major injuries. Signing Peyton was great for the Broncos. Extending Schaub not looking like a good move for the Texans.
So, let's see, to sign Manning...

Guaranteed:

Mario walks
Meyers walks
Brisiel walks
Foster walks
Meco traded
AJ traded
Winston Cut

Alternatively, maybe Manning would have signed for the Vet minimum?
Surreal McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #79
Lucky
Moderator
 
Lucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 13,204
Rep Power: 161176 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal McCoy View Post
So, let's see, to sign Manning...
Did you read the discussion? The premise was "What if the Texans had the cap room? ".
__________________
“We’re looking for a coach that...works with great energy and enthusiasm and very positive in his approach.” - Bob McNair
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #80
Corrosion
Hall of Fame
 
Corrosion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Northwest Houston
Age: 46
Posts: 31,298
Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Did you read the discussion? The premise was "What if the Texans had the cap room? ".
If they would have had the cap room .... they probably would have taken a shot with Peyton.

Gary would have been doing cartwheels thinking about the prospects of coaching a QB as talented as Manning.
__________________



Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger