Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2013   #41
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Yup. Kubiak's offense didn't go from near the top of the league to poo overnight because magically he doesn't know what he's doing suddenly. I'm not giving him a free pass because he's still accountable for identifying the issues and correcting players. Right here, right now i'd love to see him bench a couple of guys and show us all he has the brass balls to make us a winner no matter what.
He pulled Jones in favor of Brooks in the second half against the Dolts.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #42
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
He pulled Jones in favor of Brooks in the second half against the Dolts.
Kudos. Pull schaub for a drive. If he cant handle that, his psyche wont stand up to a playoff game. Light a fire man.
Old 01-03-2013   #43
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungo_Taco View Post
You're the same guy who just inferred Schaub 'throws his receivers open'... It's hard to take you seriously now.
You don't need to take me seriously; I like to kid around.

But seriously, I talked about Schaub throwing guys open in a different thread already.

I also talked about Schaub throwing the back shoulder and forward fade in different threads as well.

I don't just infer; I claimed it.

Now back to game plan, let me present the two Colts games.

1. In the first game, we started out with 2 passes, followed by 4 runs before we mix it up.
In the second game, we did the opposite, starting out with 4 run plays, followed by 6 pass plays before we mix it up.

2. In the first game, we attempted 4 deep passes in the first half, 2 to AJ, 1 to Jean and 1 to Posey.
In the second game, the only deep pass attempted in the first half was the one to Casey.

Can you see the differences?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #44
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
We all can't have elite QBs like Joe Flacco.
LOL
Old 01-04-2013   #45
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209005 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
We all can't have elite QBs like Joe Flacco.
As if Schaub is one.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #46
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
The Texans didn't shoot themselves in the foot by losing HFA.... they essentially blew their legs clean off.
Probably the best thing that could have happened to them. The last 3 Super Bowl Champs did not win a bye, or HFA.

This team needs to play, there's no way around it. They don't need to be sitting on their butts designing letterman jackets or riding segways through the tunnels.

They need to be playing this week.
Old 01-04-2013   #47
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing I'll say about Jacoby is that, if he were still with the Texans, he would NOT be having a good year returning anything.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #48
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 36901 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
You don't need to take me seriously; I like to kid around.

But seriously, I talked about Schaub throwing guys open in a different thread already.

I also talked about Schaub throwing the back shoulder and forward fade in different threads as well.

I don't just infer; I claimed it.

Now back to game plan, let me present the two Colts games.

1. In the first game, we started out with 2 passes, followed by 4 runs before we mix it up.
In the second game, we did the opposite, starting out with 4 run plays, followed by 6 pass plays before we mix it up.

2. In the first game, we attempted 4 deep passes in the first half, 2 to AJ, 1 to Jean and 1 to Posey.
In the second game, the only deep pass attempted in the first half was the one to Casey.

Can you see the differences?
so we run more in the first game and pass more i9n the 2nd, any guess to which one we lost?
Old 01-04-2013   #49
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 235494 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
One thing I'll say about Jacoby is that, if he were still with the Texans, he would NOT be having a good year returning anything.
Aww, c'mon now.

You know Jacoby would be "returning" the ball to the other team, if...
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #50
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoffs View Post
aww, c'mon now.

You know jacoby would be "returning" the ball to the other team, if...
lol lol!
Old 01-04-2013   #51
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
so we run more in the first game and pass more i9n the 2nd, any guess to which one we lost?
That's the usual game plan for most teams.
Teams that don't have a good running game still work to control the lead with short and screen passes.

But as far as the first half goes, the opposite of what you think is what happened.

We actually passed more in the first game then in the second game( in the first half - and with more deep attempts as I already mentioned.)

The pass/run ratio was 21/14 as compared to 14/11.
(ie. we passed twice as much as we ran in the first game, and only 27% more in the second game.)

That's right there also shows a very different game plan between the two games.
Old 01-04-2013   #52
bhsman
All Pro

Rep Power: 13423 bhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respectedbhsman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
The last 3 Super Bowl Champs did not win a bye, or HFA.
I'm going to assume you meant 'last two'; the 2009 Saints had both a bye and HFA throughout the playoffs on account of their #1 seed status.
bhsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #53
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

sterling and donovan agrees.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...ans-catch-fire
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #54
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Ironically enough, I wouldn't have had a problem with you throwing Jacoby in our face. The fact is, he was drafted to be a #2 receiver as an opposite threat to AJ and after 6 years he didn't "get it".... I wish him all the best, but it was right for the Texans to let him go. He was making way too much money for what he was producing.
But I didn't.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #55
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Both have been sucking it up lately.

Schaub has no experience in the playoffs, he has folded in the primetime games this year and with #1 seed/bye on the line. What confidence does he have? Especially with the right side of theOline?

Kubiak might not be on the hot seat because of the playoffs last year, the Division title this year and the playoffs in 12= but a 1 and done could jeapordize a long tenure.
So the Oline's play won't have anything to do with the offense and nor will the RB's in which this team's success offensively is predicated off of??

I'm amazed at how many people still don't know what the Texans offense is or the fact that there are other factors then just the QB that have to create points on the board.

People just want to bash on Schaub at any chance they get.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #56
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
So the Oline's play won't have anything to do with the offense and nor will the RB's in which this team's success offensively is predicated off of??

I'm amazed at how many people still don't know what the Texans offense is or the fact that there are other factors then just the QB that have to create points on the board.

People just want to bash on Schaub at any chance they get.
oline hasnt been perfect but they have been good enough to win.

stop scapegoating the oline. its shameless and disingenuous. The oline has 3 freaking pro bowlers.

how many teams can say that?

you act as if the texan oline is leading the league in sacks given up. smdh....
Old 01-05-2013   #57
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
oline hasnt been perfect but they have been good enough to win.

stop scapegoating the oline. its shameless and disingenuous. The oline has 3 freaking pro bowlers.
Are you freaking totally blind? Did you not watch the last few games? I don't care if the entire line is full of HOF's. They haven't done a good job lately, and they have to protect a guy who isn't mobile. THAT"S THEIR JOB. Learn what football is about and how it's played. An oline is there to block to the QB can have time to make his throws. The only one scapegoating is you by trying to put an entire game all on a QB before it's even played no matter what circumstances help him or possibly hinder him. It's a stupid idea from the jump. This is an offense that is a run first offense. Our passing game is predicated off of play action and bootlegs. That means if our running game isn't doing much then we'll need a great performance from the Oline to give the QB time to pass the ball on limited plays.

Quote:
you act as if the texan oline is leading the league in sacks given up. smdh....
You act as if an entire offense is all about what a QB does and that other factors don't help him or hinder him. Your entire thread title suggests that. Stop trying to put everything on one player in a team sport. This isn't MMA or boxing.
Old 01-05-2013   #58
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Are you freaking totally blind? Did you not watch the last few games? I don't care if the entire line is full of HOF's. They haven't done a good job lately, and they have to protect a guy who isn't mobile. THAT"S THEIR JOB. Learn what football is about and how it's played. An oline is there to block to the QB can have time to make his throws. The only one scapegoating is you by trying to put an entire game all on a QB before it's even played no matter what circumstances help him or possibly hinder him. It's a stupid idea from the jump. This is an offense that is a run first offense. Our passing game is predicated off of play action and bootlegs. That means if our running game isn't doing much then we'll need a great performance from the Oline to give the QB time to pass the ball on limited plays.

You act as if an entire offense is all about what a QB does and that other factors don't help him or hinder him. Your entire thread title suggests that. Stop trying to put everything on one player in a team sport. This isn't MMA or boxing.

you're the one that's freaking blind. pass protection is also on the qb not just the offensive line.

i get that matt is no rg3, but there are things that a qb can do to help an offensive line.

its called being cagey in the pocket.

-get rid of the ball quicker
-throw the ball away
-step up in the pocket
-hit your check downs faster

Things that drew brees and another statue, tom brady excel at unlike schaub.

I was watching the nfl network and the playbook guys were breaking down schaub's play and it showed schaub not being able to pull the trigger with guys wide open and with him having protection.

you're the one that's being blind or being obtuse if you cant see schaub is at fault for a lot of those sacks.
Old 01-05-2013   #59
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
you're the one that's freaking blind. pass protection is also on the qb not just the offensive line.

i get that matt is no rg3, but there are things that a qb can do to help an offensive line.

-throw the ball away
-step up in the pocket

I was watching the nfl network and the playbook guys were breaking down schaub's play and it showed schaub not being able to pull the trigger with guys wide open and with him having protection.

you're the one that's being blind or being obtuse if you cant see schaub is at fault for a lot of those sacks.
The Texans Oline gave up 15 sacks before the NE game. And it took him 27 carries to get that 100 yard game.

Since the NE game the Texans have given up 12 sacks. That's practically the same amount in the 4 games then what they gave up in the first 12 games. If you want to ignore that because you have a vendetta against our QB, then just admit that you don't like the guy because he's not a flashy QB. But don't sit here and say you've watched these games if you're going to blame everything on the QB and totally deny that the Oline's been struggling.

Arian Foster has had one 100 yard game in the last 5 GAMES.

Now I'm sorry, but if you can't see that there has been a problem with pass protection, run protection, and with the running game period, then you're just denying things on purpose or don't understand simple math.

Schaub may have been struggling as well, but to deny that the rest of the offense has and to place blame on one player of an offense before the game even starts is showing your agenda to bash a player because you don't like him. Go ahead and deny the rest of the problems on the offense that was ranked 2nd in scoring just a few weeks ago, but the numbers indicate that you don't have a clue what you're talking about.
Old 01-05-2013   #60
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 48117 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

-throw the ball away
-step up in the pocket

I thought Schaub looked great the first 9 or 10 games of this season. However, there is no doubt he has played poorly the past few weeks and has been late on a number of balls.

That being said, Schaub at his best (which is very good), will always need more time to throw than Brady and Manning- his delivery and stride are somewhat longer... That doesn't mean he can't play at an elite level with reasonable talent around him... But, he's not doing it now and only partly due to the offensive line performance.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read