Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #41
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules Winnfield View Post
This it.

This is what Matt Schaub has been waiting for. This is what Gary Kubiak has been waiting for. This is what the haters have been waiting for. This is what the loyal fans bless yalls hearts have been waiting for.

All the ugly criticisms of their careers have been brought up these past few weeks. From Schaub never played in a playoff game, cant win a big game, Kubiak's conservative nature, no confidence, this that all the negative crap about them... They have a chance to prove a lot of people wrong. They also have a chance to prove a lot of people right.

This is the biggest game in franchise history.

Not some meaningless out of division middle of the season over hyped game vs New England. I never quite understood that. Why would they call that the biggest in history? And they even augmented that situation by using letterman jackets and proceeded to get thumped like high schoolers.

I say both because they are tied to each other. They are the loyal President and embattled field general. No Kubiak in houston means no Schaub in Houston. This is their movie and they have to finish it. Management has made their bed and now they have sleep in it. They will ride and die with kubiak and schaub.

Nobody expects us to beat Tom Brady in New England.

That's ok.

What's not ok is another tank job against a Bengal team that we can beat. We have our flaws ( right offensive line, injuries, joe marciano, play calling, schaub) but we are still 12-4. We are division champions. We have talent. We have 8 pro bowlers.

I hope this game gives everyone involved from the front office, the media, the fans whether you are pro or against kubiak and schaub....

some sense of closure and finality. Whether we continue in this path or we start the process of making change.
Sorry but this is not it. This is not the biggest game in franchise history. Heck, they beat the Bengals in the 1st round last year at home with a 3rd string qb at the helm. Hype yourself into thinking this game is something. The Texans pi$$ed away home field, a bye week and the #1 seed. This game is like a consolation prize for the underachiever. When/If the Texans go to New England then that will be a big game. Heck the Texans made it to the 2nd round last year and played Baltimore tough to the end. They have to beat New England in New England to say they accomplished anything over last season other than record which is meaningless once the playoffs start.
Old 01-05-2013   #42
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Saturday is a Referendum of Matt Schaub and Gary Kubiak's Careers Here in Houston

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOm-uIPzqpI
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #43
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This it.

This is what Matt Schaub has been waiting for. This is what Gary Kubiak has been waiting for. This is what the haters have been waiting for. This is what the loyal fans bless yalls hearts have been waiting for.

All the ugly criticisms of their careers have been brought up these past few weeks. From Schaub never played in a playoff game, cant win a big game, Kubiak's conservative nature, no confidence, this that all the negative crap about them... They have a chance to prove a lot of people wrong. They also have a chance to prove a lot of people right.

This is the biggest game in franchise history.

Not some meaningless out of division middle of the season over hyped game vs New England. I never quite understood that. Why would they call that the biggest in history? And they even augmented that situation by using letterman jackets and proceeded to get thumped like high schoolers.

I say both because they are tied to each other. They are the loyal President and embattled field general. No Kubiak in houston means no Schaub in Houston. This is their movie and they have to finish it. Management has made their bed and now they have sleep in it. They will ride and die with kubiak and schaub.

Nobody expects us to beat Tom Brady in New England.

That's ok.

What's not ok is another tank job against a Bengal team that we can beat. We have our flaws ( right offensive line, injuries, joe marciano, play calling, schaub) but we are still 12-4. We are division champions. We have talent. We have 8 pro bowlers.

I hope this game gives everyone involved from the front office, the media, the fans whether you are pro or against kubiak and schaub....

some sense of closure and finality. Whether we continue in this path or we start the process of making change.
See, I don't agree with this at all. This isn't "THE BIG GAME" suddenly rising up before them. It's not time to turn it on. I mean sure, this game is big and yes, the better turn it on or they're going home but the time to push the pedal down was two weeks ago against the Vikings and then last week against the Colts. Having a yellow brick road with a red carpet on it running through Houston to the Super Bowl was right in front of them and they did somewhere between Jack and **** about it.

In my eyes this ball has already been dropped. The kick is already wide-right, and we're just getting ready to watch the consolation game where we may, just maybe manage to stay alive another week before being put out of our misery in New England.

It didn't have to be this way. It's this way because these two have already failed whatever test this season has been. I'm not going to get excited about Matt & Gary blowing a huge opportunity and then winning a home WC game against Cincinnati before being destroyed again in New England. Beating the Bengals doesn't mean that they've answered any questions. It just means they've wilted enough to get a beatable opponent in front of them before having their asses beaten by the big boys. I'm no longer capable of applauding them at this point. Beat Cincinnati, then New England, then Denver. Then I'll be impressed.
Old 01-05-2013   #44
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

They just need to stay focused, execute the gameplan, fix the problems and stay battlin!

Well according to Garys post game pressers since the Pats game anyway.
DX-TEX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #45
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
See, I don't agree with this at all. This isn't "THE BIG GAME" suddenly rising up before them. It's not time to turn it on. I mean sure, this game is big and yes, the better turn it on or they're going home but the time to push the pedal down was two weeks ago against the Vikings and then last week against the Colts. Having a yellow brick road with a red carpet on it running through Houston to the Super Bowl was right in front of them and they did somewhere between Jack and **** about it.

In my eyes this ball has already been dropped. The kick is already wide-right, and we're just getting ready to watch the consolation game where we may, just maybe manage to stay alive another week before being put out of our misery in New England.

It didn't have to be this way. It's this way because these two have already failed whatever test this season has been. I'm not going to get excited about Matt & Gary blowing a huge opportunity and then winning a home WC game against Cincinnati before being destroyed again in New England. Beating the Bengals doesn't mean that they've answered any questions. It just means they've wilted enough to get a beatable opponent in front of them before having their asses beaten by the big boys. I'm no longer capable of applauding them at this point. Beat Cincinnati, then New England, then Denver. Then I'll be impressed.
Props for being consistently negative at least we know exactly where you stand

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #46
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
It's put up or shut up time for Kubiak and Schaub. Everybody is healthy and we're at home, there's no excuses. No where for him to hide.
Cush, Dobbins and Sharpton on IR. Linebacking corps is decimated. But other than that, yeah, "Everybody is healthy".

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #47
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 136288 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Cush, Dobbins and Sharpton on IR. Linebacking corps is decimated. But other than that, yeah, "Everybody is healthy".
Tis merely a flesh wound.
Old 01-05-2013   #48
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Tis merely a flesh wound.
Sharpton has improved each week since he came back. If the Texans are to win he will have to continue this trend & impact Dalton in coverage & blitz packages.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #49
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I couldn't disagree more. All the statement games, biggest games in team history, referendums on Kubiak, etc, have been played before. The last time the Texans ended a regular season in such disappointing fashion Mcnair extended Kubiak because he was "on the right track", and he was doubly sure about it because the other owners told him so. It was assured that continuing to follow the right path would result in a juggernaut in two or three years.

Well, two or three years later not much has changed. The Kubiak led Texans still blow the big games (for home field advantage this time), but they were Incrementally closer again. In two or three more years it is assured Kubiak will have this thing figured out, and the Texans will be a juggernaut. Right? Right?

I don't think the Bengals game means a thing to Kubiak's future here.
I could've referenced all these posts. But this is it essentially. There's no referendum here at all, Gary will be back next year, Matt's been extended as well. I don't think even a blow out embarrassing home loss would alter those two things.

I was thinking 10-11 win season this year, so I am kind of pleasantly surprised at this year's 12-4...even if they blew some winnable games (again) late in the season.

I think they will win the game against the Bengals, but will be simply just out coached (again) when it matters even more against the Pats. I still am just amazed that the team came out so flat against the Colts... I mean if you can't get up for a game that has a bye and #1 seed for the playoffs...what can you get up for?

I don't hate Gary, but the guy is fools gold as a coach.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #50
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post

so what if schaub and kubiak win those games vs the vikings and colts?

that proves nothing.

we know matt and gary can win regular season games. what we dont know is how matt and gary together finally how they will respond in the playoffs with everybody already claiming they are done.

im with you, i already know that gary and matt are not the ones to take us to the promise land. they are average to above average at best at what they do.

nevertheless, matt deserves this playoff shot vs a very good bengal defense. Even though i made up my mind about kubiak, with schaub im willing to be proven wrong. He has never been in a playoff game. One of his biggest knock is choking in big time games. Its been brought out in the forefront with a lot of national media already starting to ask questions that the anti kubiak and schaub brigade was asking years ago.

I always wondered why guys like joe flacco, tony romo, and matt ryan got their shortcomings questioned while a guy like schaub always escaped those criticisms. Well its coming now, and he has chance to step up and respond. I say this is the biggest game because if he doesnt step up now, at home, with all the questions about him, then the people who were on the fence about him can finally make a final decision. If matt plays like crap again, we would most likely lose rendering the game in foxboro irrelevant.

This game will set the narrative of Matt's career from here on out.
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #51
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I could've referenced all these posts. But this is it essentially. There's no referendum here at all, Gary will be back next year, Matt's been extended as well. I don't think even a blow out embarrassing home loss would alter those two things.

I was thinking 10-11 win season this year, so I am kind of pleasantly surprised at this year's 12-4...even if they blew some winnable games (again) late in the season.

I think they will win the game against the Bengals, but will be simply just out coached (again) when it matters even more against the Pats. I still am just amazed that the team came out so flat against the Colts... I mean if you can't get up for a game that has a bye and #1 seed for the playoffs...what can you get up for?

I don't hate Gary, but the guy is fools gold as a coach.

when i say referendum, i mean fans opinion of him. look marciano has sucked his entire time here in houston and he's still here. Matt and gary can crap the bed and i know nothing is going to happen because we went 12-4, won the division, and fans fill up the seat.

when i say referendum, i mean it will either validate the anti kubiak/schaub fans or prove them wrong.
Old 01-05-2013   #52
Jules Winnfield
BMF

“There is no doubt that this is the biggest game to this point,”

-Matt Schaub

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...moment-arrives

I guess even matt agrees with me.
Old 01-05-2013   #53
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Sharpton has improved each week since he came back. If the Texans are to win he will have to continue this trend & impact Dalton in coverage & blitz packages.
Ummmm.......Sharpton and Dobbins are both on IR.
Old 01-05-2013   #54
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Do you think that Gary and Schaub can bring a Lombardi to Houston?

If the answer is no then it's time to move on.

If the answer is yes how long do you think it will take?

Remember Matt is 31 and is playing on a bum foot that is likely to only get worse with age.
This is the kind of thinking that sent Bum Phillips out of Houston 32 years ago and the Oilers spiraling into obscurity.

I have no doubt that the Texans could win a Superbowl with both in place. As a matter of a fact, I think it is likely. Are there coaches and QBs that would increase the likelihood? Yes. Can the team identify and transition to them successfully? I have no idea. Furthermore, has patience proven to be prudent for the health of the organization? Yes. Therefore, I expect the patience to continue... while you may disagree with it, hopefully you can at least understand that it is a logical course of action motivated by a desire for future success... We'll have to see if it pays off with a Superbowl (though, it won't happen this year barring a miracle).
Old 01-05-2013   #55
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 21560 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
“There is no doubt that this is the biggest game to this point,”

-Matt Schaub

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...moment-arrives

I guess even matt agrees with me.
What is it with your incessant need to feel vindicated or are somehow feeding this board news or something everybody doesnt already know. Are you josh innes by chance?

Schaub is a company man what do you expect him to say? I'll bet he's used that line before and will use it again.

But if you just need someone to stoke your ego in order to pipe down mmkay.

Your ideas are so original and fiery that the Texans should let you do the pre game speech mind blowing even. You're the best.
Uncle Rico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #56
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
What is it with your incessant need to feel vindicated or are somehow feeding this board news or something everybody doesnt already know. Are you josh innes by chance?

Schaub is a company man what do you expect him to say? I'll bet he's used that line before and will use it again.

But if you just need someone to stoke your ego in order to pipe down mmkay.

Your ideas are so original and fiery that the Texans should let you do the pre game speech mind blowing even. You're the best.

go learn the difference between a playoff game and a regular season game.
Old 01-05-2013   #57
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 01-05-2013   #58
qqert
All Pro

Rep Power: 22044 qqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respectedqqert is a quality contributor and well respected

the referendum is now at 33% passed?
1/3 so far, need 3/3 to pass unanimously!
qqert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #59
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
This is the kind of thinking that sent Bum Phillips out of Houston 32 years ago and the Oilers spiraling into obscurity.

I have no doubt that the Texans could win a Superbowl with both in place. As a matter of a fact, I think it is likely. Are there coaches and QBs that would increase the likelihood? Yes. Can the team identify and transition to them successfully? I have no idea. Furthermore, has patience proven to be prudent for the health of the organization? Yes. Therefore, I expect the patience to continue... while you may disagree with it, hopefully you can at least understand that it is a logical course of action motivated by a desire for future success... We'll have to see if it pays off with a Superbowl (though, it won't happen this year barring a miracle).
every once in awhile, someone posts on this message board that actually makes sense, and is rational and logical.

this is one of those posts.
Old 01-05-2013   #60
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
Props for being consistently negative at least we know exactly where you stand
I just saw my team choke away HFA through the playoffs and the easiest possible path to the Super Bowl ever. That's where I stand. One WC round win where the only TD Matt Schaub could manage was for the other team isn't going to change the fact that they pissed away their best shot at reaching the Super Bowl. I'm consistently disappointed in them until they do something that exceeds the failure of the last 4 games of this regular season.

Talk to me next week following a win in New England (should that come to pass) and maybe I'll be a little less negative.

Quote:
so what if schaub and kubiak win those games vs the vikings and colts?

that proves nothing.

we know matt and gary can win regular season games. what we dont know is how matt and gary together finally how they will respond in the playoffs with everybody already claiming they are done.

im with you, i already know that gary and matt are not the ones to take us to the promise land. they are average to above average at best at what they do.

nevertheless, matt deserves this playoff shot vs a very good bengal defense. Even though i made up my mind about kubiak, with schaub im willing to be proven wrong. He has never been in a playoff game. One of his biggest knock is choking in big time games. Its been brought out in the forefront with a lot of national media already starting to ask questions that the anti kubiak and schaub brigade was asking years ago.

I always wondered why guys like joe flacco, tony romo, and matt ryan got their shortcomings questioned while a guy like schaub always escaped those criticisms. Well its coming now, and he has chance to step up and respond. I say this is the biggest game because if he doesnt step up now, at home, with all the questions about him, then the people who were on the fence about him can finally make a final decision. If matt plays like crap again, we would most likely lose rendering the game in foxboro irrelevant.

This game will set the narrative of Matt's career from here on out.
Well, I see nothing in this win from Matt that would change my opinion of him. It was a pedestrian performance putting his lack of mobility and weak arm on display. Foster and the defense won this game. Schaub just didn't manage to lose it this week.

And that was with outstanding protection. He was given all the time in the world today and he did what he was told. Still was responsible for more Bengals points than Dalton and threw some of the ugliest passes I've ever seen. The one that Daniels spun around to catch was hilarious. The wounded duck that AJ couldn't hold onto was pretty good too.

I'm torn. Who doesn't like wins but at the same time the longer this fraud rides this team to victory the longer we'll have to hold on to him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read