Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-05-2013   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Don't know how to do poll where you can rank from first to last but would be curious where you think MS ranks is relation to the other QBs in the playoffs both AFC and NFC. Sorry if this has already been done.
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion

Last edited by gafftop; 01-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #2
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

7 or 8, ahead of Kaep, Dalton, Luck, Ponder and Wilson.
Old 01-05-2013   #3
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Where does Matt rank with QBs in playoffs

Numero Uno
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #4
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 259612 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Don't know how to do poll where you can rank from first to last but would be curious where you think MS ranks is relation to the other QBs in the playoffs both AFC and NFC. Sorry if this has already been done.
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion
Basically on that list the only guys I'd rather have less than Matt Schaub leading my team are Flacco and Ponder. Lot of youngsters in there but at least they have upside.
Old 01-05-2013   #5
toxictrix
Rookie

Rep Power: 62 toxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respectedtoxictrix is a quality contributor and well respected

For just these playoffs here is the order I would like. This is not taking into account future development or anything. Just these next few weeks. Of course most of these guys are a huge unknown in the post season so a lot of it is just guessing.

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Flacco
Luck
Dalton
Kaep
Ponder

Maybe a bit of homerism but whatever. Did this fairly quickly without looking up stats and stuff.
toxictrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #6
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictrix View Post
For just these playoffs here is the order I would like. This is not taking into account future development or anything. Just these next few weeks. Of course most of these guys are a huge unknown in the post season so a lot of it is just guessing.

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Flacco
Luck
Dalton
Kaep
Ponder

Maybe a bit of homerism but whatever. Did this fairly quickly without looking up stats and stuff.
Good list, but I'd swap Schaub & Wilson. Wilson is too short to be effective in our offense I think.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #7
coon
Veteran

Rep Power: 4738 coon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respectedcoon is a quality contributor and well respected

1.Brady
2.Rodgers
3.Manning
4.Wilson
5.Ryan
6.RG3
7.Luck
8.Schaub
9.Dalton
10.Flacco
11.Kaepernick
12.Ponder
Let's hope he proves us wrong
coon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-05-2013   #8
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we're talking about QB that can run our system then you have to put Rodgers at the top of the list and move Manning and Brady down.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #9
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Numero Uno
Crack kills but I forgive you.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #10
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my list in order in terms of playoff QB's:

The Big Boys:
Brady
Manning
Rodgers

Brady 5 Superbowl's, Manning 2 Superbowl's, Rodgers 1 Superbowl.

The Vets:
Flacco
Dalton
Ryan

Flacco has at least won a playoff game and Dalton didn't get blanked unlike Ryan. Ryan is a horrible playoff QB to this point.

The Rookies:
RGIII
Wilson
Kaepernick
Luck
Ponder
Schaub

This group rounds out the rookie playoff QB. I base this list on athleticism, leadership, and good old fashioned guts and courage.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #11
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know how anyone can answer this before the game....
Old 01-05-2013   #12
Xcellerator
Veteran

Rep Power: 231 Xcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respectedXcellerator is a quality contributor and well respected

In the bottom three. Even Flacco over Schaub since he's had some playoff experience.
Xcellerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #13
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejasTom View Post
I don't know how anyone can answer this before the game....
09-18-2009 #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Texans' Offense and Schaub, Poor Match
I heard on the radio MS can be successful only if all the planets align. Well the planets aren't aligned in the Texans offense. Let's look more closely. Even when 110% MS is not the most mobile QB. MS is not the most durable QB. MS not great arm stength. The Texans' line is not the most dominant line. The lack of mobility (especially last week against the Jets, ankle) of MS means that he can't buy any time and make something happen unlike some other QB's that are able to scramble and allow the receivers to create. Therefore we can't utilize AJ physical talents on a busted play. This is even made worse because MS can't affford to take a hit, unlike some QB's that can stay in the pocket until the last second and let the play develope. If we had a QB that could take a hit we would gain some time, or if we had a QB that could scramble and buy some time we could maybe make some conpletions and maybe come up with the big play. We have the receivers to do this but due to the above factors we were unable to do this last week against the Jets. That is why the offense was so pitiful. I understand the PROBLEM is our offensive line. But our offensive line may be just what is was last week for the entire season. The more i write the more depressed I become. The defense only needs to shut down AJ with double coverage and get after MS and we have last week's outcome again this week. I guess what I am getting at is if MS is not healthy and mobile and Kubiak is determined to play MS no matter what like last week, we will have a repeat of last week. I was a Kubiak fan until last week. His inability to get the team up and prepared along with the POOR judgement in playing MS really makes me wonder. I guess getting back to the title, with our Oline we would be better off with a very mobile QB or a QB that can take a hit every once in a while. We have neither in MS. Would appreciate comment that give me some hope. thanks

This Post was written in 2009

Nothing is going to change. I think Matt is about as mobile now as he was then when he was hurt and he isn't getting any younger. I still think we learn after the season that he has been hurt or at least I am hoping so because at lease we may see a better MS next year. But even then Matt is Matt.
Old 01-05-2013   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxictrix View Post

Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Flacco
Luck
Dalton
Kaep
Ponder

This seems about right to me, especially if you are talking for this playoffs and not as a future QB.
Old 01-05-2013   #15
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
This seems about right to me, especially if you are talking for this playoffs and not as a future QB.
Talking about
(1) Now Assume they know the system and have been the QB for us all year.
(2) Future
Old 01-05-2013   #16
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Brady
Manning
Rodgers
Ryan
Luck
Flacco
Dalton
RGIII
Wilson
MS
Kaepernick
Ponder

Sorry I should start
9 or 10 presently
11 or 12 in future
Just my opinion
I would move kaep over MS and Flacco below him
Old 01-05-2013   #17
SCOTTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 3792 SCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedSCOTTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Go look at the Schaub hater thread, theres about 5 people that rate schaub bottom 3 in the league....

For this list

For Sure

1) Manning
2) Brady
3) Rodgers

Then There's

4) Ryan - His good games he looks like a legit elite QB
5) RGIII - Looks hurt still but has all the talent
6) Schaub
7) Flacco - Up this high for his deep threat ability and playoff experience
8) Wilson - look what hes doing without a Elite WR
9) Luck - Down do to his turnovers
10) Dalton - I really havent been paying any attention to him, so not sure what to expect..
11) Kaep - Rookie that is hit or miss in games
12) Ponder - Check down king from what i have seen

This is overall QB and not if we had them in our system
SCOTTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

In my mind, there is no difference once you get to the top 5 teams. I still have the Texans as one of the top 5 teams in the league, even though they haven't played like it recently.

If the Texans can get back to the team they were at the beginning of the season (& that team had it's faults) then there isn't a QB that's better than Matt Schaub. Not Brady, not Rogers.

I know it's not fair to the Bradies & the Rogers of the league, but when we get to the play-offs, it's a team game. We saw the New York Giants run roughshod all over the Packers & Saints last year, even though we all know Eli is not half the QB Rogers or Brees is. We've seen Flacco & Sanchez roar to the AFC Championship game even though they can't hold Tom Brady, or Peyton Manning's for that matter, jock strap.

Football, especially in the NFL, is a team game. & nobody got it as good as we do.
Old 01-05-2013   #19
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7153 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

1) Manning
2) Brady
3) Rodgers
4) Wilson
5) RGIII
6) Schaub
7) Ryan
8) Kaepernick
9) Luck
10) Flacco
11) Dalton
12) Ponder
Goodwrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013   #20
Jules Winnfield
BMF

Rep Power: 1227 Jules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respectedJules Winnfield is a quality contributor and well respected

jaws has him 9th

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/pos...inth-among-qbs
Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read