Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Old 01-03-2013   #21
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doppelmock: In Season Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I disagree with your notion that moving Reed to ILB will fix that position. IMO the ILB position on the Texans is one of the weakest on the team and most definitely needs to be addressed in the Draft. With Cushing coming off an ACL and now Sharpton (injuries) out for the Playoffs, after missing part of last season and most of this one, plus Brady James and Rudd (age) being stop-gap measures, we need to seriously upgrade this position. It's going to take a lot more than just moving Reed over to do it to. I know Ryans wasn't the player he use to be but I wonder just how much they missed his leadership during these last 4 games.
I actually think Sharpton came back too fast. He was not really ready to go. Cush should be relatively ready to go next year. The reason I like Reed at ILB is becuase he can be more of an impact player in the center of the field. Rather than getting washed out on a play, he can quickly attack the run and considerably help the up the middle run D. His pass rushing wasn't the best, but his run stopping was quite strong. Having a guy like Reed next to Cush is a great combo. Get Sharpton healthy and pair him with a Dobbins/Mister Alexander and that's a decent ILB group of 4. If you want to sign an UDFA or late round ILB like Bruce Taylor or Michael Mauti?

Sig made by False Start in 2010.

Adopt a Texan 2011-Present: Duyen.
Doppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #22
Doppelganger
None

Rep Power: 38282 Doppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respectedDoppelganger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
1. Short, fixes our D-line issues and improves our run D, also good pressure on the QB in the passing game, I love this pick.
2. Aboushi, this pick might take some as I think he could go low 1st round or very high 2nd. If he does fall to us, I love this pick. Instant starter at RT.
3. Smith, has been injured and will probably go later.
3b. Davis, has lots of potential but....
4. Commings, I'm not real familiar with him but I like the added depth at CB.
5. Williams, I really like this pick as well, should provide added blocking and size to the O-line.
5b. Foltz, good depth pick with good size and speed for his size. I had him in mocks a few months ago.
6. Robinson, very good athlete but I don't like the idea of drafting a player without a position, takes to much time and effort to turn him into something.
7. Ford, I'm not familiar with him either but I like the position chosen late and adds depth if we trade/lose Tate.
7. Sharp, I've got him in the 7th round of my latest mock as well, good pick.

I think if you did better in the 3rd and 6th it would be great. Overall very good in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 7th.
Thanks!!!

3. Yes, I have recently learned about Smith's injury. Will need to be re-thought.
3. Davis had a bad QB thowing the ball to him. Consider how bad Logan Thomas was.

6. To me, Robinson just comes across like a potential playmaker. A bigger, stronger version of what Trindon Holiday was supposed to be. Bubble screen, short pass, Wild Bull, Pistol, option, Kick/PR to allow KM to focus on being a slot reciever, etc the options are so many. One criticism is the Texans offense is boring, repetitive, and predictable. Adding this guy would give it a wrinkle, if Kubes was smart enough to use him...

Old 01-03-2013   #23
Doppelganger
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I think Barwin could move inside and play next to Cush. His numbers from the combine are VERY similar to Cush and he definitely has the athleticism to play in space, remember he played BB and TE in college

Reed should stay in the rotation at OLB, he has such an explosive first step, he just needs to develop some pass rush moves
Interesting thought.

Barwin: 6'4, 256lbs, 4.66, 6.87 3 cone, 4.18 3 cone shuffle.

Reed: 6'3, 263lbs, 4.68, 7.11 3 cone, 4.28 3 cone shuffle

Cushing: 6'4, 255lbs, 4.74, 4.22 3 cone shuttle

That's an idea. Put Barwin as the ILB next to Cush and have Reed man the SLB spot and WM at the WLB. Ok, I could definitely consider that option.

Old 01-03-2013   #24
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
Interesting thought.

Barwin: 6'4, 256lbs, 4.66, 6.87 3 cone, 4.18 3 cone shuffle.

Reed: 6'3, 263lbs, 4.68, 7.11 3 cone, 4.28 3 cone shuffle

Cushing: 6'4, 255lbs, 4.74, 4.22 3 cone shuttle

That's an idea. Put Barwin as the ILB next to Cush and have Reed man the SLB spot and WM at the WLB. Ok, I could definitely consider that option.
That and take a guy like Tank Carradine in the 3rd.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #25
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74252 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
1. Short, fixes our D-line issues and improves our run D, also good pressure on the QB in the passing game, I love this pick.
2. Aboushi, this pick might take some as I think he could go low 1st round or very high 2nd. If he does fall to us, I love this pick. Instant starter at RT.
3. Smith, has been injured and will probably go later.
3b. Davis, has lots of potential but....
4. Commings, I'm not real familiar with him but I like the added depth at CB.
5. Williams, I really like this pick as well, should provide added blocking and size to the O-line.
5b. Foltz, good depth pick with good size and speed for his size. I had him in mocks a few months ago.
6. Robinson, very good athlete but I don't like the idea of drafting a player without a position, takes to much time and effort to turn him into something.
7. Ford, I'm not familiar with him either but I like the position chosen late and adds depth if we trade/lose Tate.
7. Sharp, I've got him in the 7th round of my latest mock as well, good pick.

I think if you did better in the 3rd and 6th it would be great. Overall very good in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 7th.
^^^^
This

Except I've seen Ford play, like him alot and the Texans will be lucky to be there in the 7th. His best yrs are ahead of him. IMHO Very talented underutilized guy.
steelbtexan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #26
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppelganger View Post
I have Hamilton as a second rounder. Would you be willing to give up Aboushi for him? Alonso is a great looking ILB prospect. What do you think about moving Reed to ILB instead?
In the 2nd round if I have to choose between Hamilton and Aboushi then I'm taking Aboushi, that guy's impressive and I think he might even wind up going late 1st round or very early 2nd. Aboushi is going to make some team very happy. I like Alonso-ILB and also A.J. Klein-ILB form Iowa St., very similar players. I've been on the Reed to ILB bandwagon for a while now, that move just makes so much sense. Reed has the size, agility, and speed to be a very good sideline to sideline ILB along with enough of the crazy tenacity that Cushing has, I think they'd be great together. I'd keep Barwin at SOLB and the Mercilus at WOLB. We could then pick up a depth OLB and ILB in the draft in the 3rd-5th rounds.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read