Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-03-2013   #1
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Both have been sucking it up lately.

Schaub has no experience in the playoffs, he has folded in the primetime games this year and with #1 seed/bye on the line. What confidence does he have? Especially with the right side of theOline?

Kubiak might not be on the hot seat because of the playoffs last year, the Division title this year and the playoffs in 12= but a 1 and done could jeapordize a long tenure.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #2
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I say its all on Schaub's Play and Kubiak's Playcalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post

Schaub has no experience in the playoffs, he has folded in the primetime games this year and with #1 seed/bye on the line. What confidence does he have? Especially with the right side of theOline?

Kubiak might not be on the hot seat because of the playoffs last year, the Division title this year and the playoffs in 12= but a 1 and done could jeapordize a long tenure.
We all can't have elite QBs like Joe Flacco.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Right now, I think it's a collective confidence issue. Like others have said, I think it starts at the top.

But I don't have a problem with the play calling. I've got more of a problem with dropped balls (KDub, Arian, OD, Andre, LeStar, Keyshawn, Andre...... everybody but Posey had a first down that they dropped), and poorly thrown balls.
Old 01-03-2013   #4
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 20183 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
I never said that and please stay on point
Old 01-03-2013   #5
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You're just reiterating what the entire board has been talking about for the last 4 weeks, though. But to answer your question, Fiddler hit the nail on the head.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #6
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm no Kubiak apologist as his play calling and stubborness drives me up the wall at times...but...I have a hard time always blaming kubiak. He may be calling the correct pass plays for the defense against us. When schaub throws to a guy in tripple coverage I don't immediately blame kubiak. When schaub throws to a guy 2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage on 3rd and 14, I don't immediately blame kubiak. When schaub doesn't see or feel the blitz everyone else knows is comming and option to a hot route, I dont immediately blame kubiak.
Old 01-03-2013   #7
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sorry, you don't have a point.
You don't watch the Texans games close enough to have a real clue.
A majority of Texans fans don't have time to rewatch and crucify each play like some of us and they don't see the whole thing, either.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-03-2013   #8
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

^^^this
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #9
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Right now, I think it's a collective confidence issue. Like others have said, I think it starts at the top.

But I don't have a problem with the play calling. I've got more of a problem with dropped balls (KDub, Arian, OD, Andre, LeStar, Keyshawn, Andre...... everybody but Posey had a first down that they dropped), and poorly thrown balls.
Posey dropped a ball, too.
It was not going to be a first down, but it would have helped the down and distance.
Old 01-03-2013   #10
legacy_gt
All Pro

Rep Power: 15768 legacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respectedlegacy_gt is a quality contributor and well respected

cushings play on field with his fire in the locker room is a huge boost for this team.
legacy_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
cushings play on field with his fire in the locker room is a huge boost for this team.
Yeah, we miss him Big Time.
Old 01-03-2013   #12
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Sorry, you don't have a point.
You don't watch the Texans games close enough to have a real clue.
A majority of Texans fans don't have time to rewatch and crucify each play like some of us and they don't see the whole thing, either.
ass/u/me

You have no idea how much time I have. The majority of fans of any team don't have time to watch the game live either- they sit in sports bar running their mouths about everything but the game. Same at the houses where peple have a party every sunday; everything but the game.

I've watched every Texans game this season; the playcalling in the last 4 games is different than it was at the beginning of the season.

The 'point' was about the Texans; the othr guy tried to make it about Flacco.
Old 01-03-2013   #13
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

I think the pc has changed over the course of the season. Drops are part of the game but you are correct; there have been more and more of them lately.
Old 01-03-2013   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm so glad someone had the guts to make a point about this. Nobody's been talking about this at all.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #15
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by legacy_gt View Post
Quote:
ass/u/me

You have no idea how much time I have. The majority of fans of any team don't have time to watch the game live either- they sit in sports bar running their mouths about everything but the game. Same at the houses where peple have a party every sunday; everything but the game.

I've watched every Texans game this season; the playcalling in the last 4 games is different than it was at the beginning of the season.

The 'point' was about the Texans; the othr guy tried to make it about Flacco.
How is the play calling different as a whole?

The Texans have a different game plan each week, so whatever point you're trying to make is moot anyway.
Old 01-03-2013   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Texans have more problems than the two you mentioned.

Special Teams haven't been so special and the defense has had their problems as well.

To wit:
The Colts took the ball with 9:46 left in the 4th quarter. The Texans defense couldn't get off the field and the Texans offense never saw the ball again as Luck took three kneel downs to run out the clock.

All of those issues coupled with the fact that the Bengals are a better team than the one the Texans saw last year and it could make for a disasterous Saturday........... errrrrrr season.
Old 01-03-2013   #17
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 80958 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

woah its our qb and head coaches fault we're stinking offensively? and here we all thought it was on JJ Watt
Old 01-03-2013   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
woah its our qb and head coaches fault we're stinking offensively? and here we all thought it was on JJ Watt
Or we can say that your name sake (AJ) dropped an easy TD pass and that he had a mis-communication with the QB that caused the INT.

He played a part in the loss, too, ya' know.
Old 01-03-2013   #19
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Madd View Post
He's just an eyebrow short of greatness.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #20
djohn2oo8
All Pro

Rep Power: 5520 djohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respecteddjohn2oo8 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Or we can say that your name sake (AJ) dropped an easy TD pass and that he had a mis-communication with the QB that caused the INT.

He played a part in the loss, too, ya' know.
Last on third downs in the league.
djohn2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read