Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2013   #11
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrofish View Post
Is there any chance that any of you people might have your expectations set just a tad too high?

Is it being realistic to go from winning your first ever playoff appearance to a Super Bowl appearance the following year? Has that ever even been done before?

I submit that many of you are wound way too tight and think that expecting a quality product means miracles. That going from 10-6 to 12-4 and winning the division and making the playoffs a second straight year is not an improvement. Hell many of you probably do not have as much passion, or put as much into your kids education as you do heaping your over inflated expectations on the Texans.

Am I happy with the way the team collapsed in the final weeks? Of course not. Will the world end because of it? No.

It seems to me that some of you cannot enjoy life and celebrate the good things and move on, and in fact you take it one step further. You trash your own team in some bizarre attempt to influence the powers that be into taking actions on your perception of the teams problems. You are miserable and you want everyone else to be miserable also, because that supports your mental state and justifies your spineless attitude regarding your team.

You all rag on Schaub when he hangs his head after a bad series and sits on the bench and then turn around and do the exact same thing in here. Hanging your head, whining "woe is me" why is this happening to me? Why does my team suck?!

Perhaps your memories are so short that you have forgotten what it means to have a losing record every season... heck perhaps you have even forgotten what it felt like to have no NFL franchise to cheer for, to tailgate at, to love and to hate.

Perhaps you would feel better if Houston had no NFL franchise? Then you could focus all of your rage and hypocritical hysteria on more simpler things in life without having to worry about that horrible NFL franchise always bringing you down.

Get A Grip... Go Texans!
Woah, we have a bad ass in here!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read