Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2013   #81
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just a possible observation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

But mainly, I think Kubiak has been trying to keep the guys on an even keel so long, that when it's time to get emotional.... they can't.
Totally agree with this.. While I think there is a very good attribute to keeping the team on an even keel, he needs to let them get balled out emotional!! I honsetly think this is the area where Brian Cushing is the most missed.
Old 01-02-2013   #82
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 194681 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

I cannot subscribe to the theory that these guys have quit; subconsciously or otherwise.

If A.J. played his heart out when we went 2-14, it defies logic that he would purposefully drop a TD pass to spite Kubiak when he finally makes it to playoffland.

If anything, they're trying too hard not to screw up. That leads to thinking about not screwing up instead of just going out and flying around. If they have to think first instead of acting on instinct, that puts them a split sec behind the other guy. ...a half step away from where they need to be. They get caught looking instead of doing. And that will get them beat.

I see this in Schaub more than anyone else.

Damn if I know what the cure for it is.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #83
klockWork
Veteran

Rep Power: 25265 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanhead08 View Post
Demps got benched for giving up a big play in the last Colts game, and he did the same **** yesterday.
In the Denver game earlier he also gave up that Manning TD to Decker that spark their comeback . It was the exact same play but was on the other side of the hash mark. That guy is a HUGE liability at the safety position.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #84
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post

Damn if I know what the cure for it is.
Wining. That's the only cure. They need to get this "biggest game in Texans history" crap out of there minds & just play football.

We're guilty of the same thing here. I just saw the "The road to the play offs start today" thread & the "if we win today we'll go to the AFC Championship game. If not we're one & done" thinking we have. Winning or losing that game had nk more importance than the Patriots game. We win Saturday, we're still alive. Rinse & repeat. That's all there is to it.
Old 01-03-2013   #85
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
hey, hey... hey now. I'm not whining. I agreed with you earlier. I feel the same way.

76 & I are just acknowledging there have been some egregious calls... that's all. Not saying that's why we lost, but we understand how someone could adopt that idea.
Iwasn't directing the comment 'you' at you- maybe I should have wrotten 'one'.

Bad calls in every game....
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #86
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
Ok, I'll be more specific.

In the Patriots game, one of our defenders ran in front of their receiver while both going after the ball and defensive PI is called. Then, the exact opposite occured and Offensive PI is called. Just stuff like that...
Watched the whole game- nothing stood out. Angles can be different so what you see is different than what the refs see......
Old 01-03-2013   #87
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Watched the whole game- nothing stood out. Angles can be different so what you see is different than what the refs see......
I watched each games several times.
I watch a Texans game pretty much every day besides other games I want to watch, so please understand that I have good reasons to point out unbalanced officiating.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #88
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I watched each games several times.
I watch a Texans game pretty much every day besides other games I want to watch, so please understand that I have good reasons to point out unbalanced officiating.
Maybe you can give me a time stamp?
Old 01-03-2013   #89
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Maybe you can give me a time stamp?
I described some of the penalties in the other thread titled "Blame the players, not the ref". If you have NFL Game Rewind, you can pull up the play list to get to those plays very quickly.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read