Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2013   #41
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 4279 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

My expectation going into this season was an AFC Championship appearance. That has not changed.
Old 01-02-2013   #42
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
No margin of victory against the Bengals will have me feeling any better. The Ginger Ninja is not in the Brady/Manning/Rodgers/Brees class.

A victory against the Patriots will be the only thing that would make me fell better about this season.
While it is true that Dalton isn't an elite QB, a large margin of victory would definitely make me feel better about the offense. Seeing that Houston can stop having drive ending penalties, score TDs instead of field goals and win a game would have me a lot more confident going into Foxborough.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #43
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Why?

We're in the exact same spot as they are. They got to the play-offs as a wild card last year. They're a Wild Card again. They'll be trying to prove that they deserve to move on, that they've improved since last year.

I know this is Houston & we don't care about the other team, but they earned their way in.

No such thing as "SHOULD" in the play-offs.
Disagree. We are a better team than the Bengals. No question about it in my mind. Are we playing better than the Bengals? Of course not, but we are a better team.

But I do agree that they are a good team. I just happen to believe that with the talent we have on both sides of the ball, we SHOULD beat them. That doesn't mean we will.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #44
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nothing. If they win, it's just a game they should have won. Win in Foxboro, then you've got something.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #45
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Win or lose (notice the spelling of lose), I will not feel any different. If they win at New England the following week, Then I will feel good about this team.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #46
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
Win or lose (notice the spelling of lose), I will not feel any different. If they win at New England the following week, Then I will feel good about this team.
Even if we beat NE I still wouldn't feel that good because this was the season we get to the SB. If we beat NE and lose in the conference game this will still be a setback season for us. Until we get to the SB I will feel better.
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #47
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
No margin of victory against the Bengals will have me feeling any better. The Ginger Ninja is not in the Brady/Manning/Rodgers/Brees class.

A victory against the Patriots will be the only thing that would make me fell better about this season.
Exactly! A win against the Bengals means nothing if they get clobbered in New England.
Old 01-02-2013   #48
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Why? What is the point of being a fan if you accept this?

Personally I also want this to be Kubiaks pre-game speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgoDvnebHRw
Umm you think your boy schaub goes montana on the pats
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #49
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
that makes you feel good about this season? Beating the effin' Bungles and losing to the Pats?
You expect us to beat the pats? Right. With your boy schaub? Only saying your boy cause you have a faith in him I don't understand
Old 01-02-2013   #50
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:

Cause I accept schaub for what he is. Average. Do you expect him to play well enough to beat the Bengals and pats back to back.
Old 01-02-2013   #51
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point, a competitive game against the Pats.

This means.

+Win against the Bengals
+Have a shot at the Pats. Meaning that it's a close game up into the 4th qtr. A big 4th qtr play determines the game.

They meet this and I would have considered it a successful season.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I just hope we don't loose!!!
Old 01-02-2013   #53
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 184609 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

/end thread.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #54
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

go to NE and beat them and play well aganist denver

thats the only thing IMO
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #55
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 116054 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
Cause I accept schaub for what he is. Average. Do you expect him to play well enough to beat the Bengals and pats back to back.
I think Schaub and Kubiak should be fired into the damn sun

Why did you quote me twice?
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #56
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 61470 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Obviously a win against the Bengals comes first but to feel better about the team and season this year would require a win against the Pats and appearance in the AFC Championship game.

Short of that, this season was a failure IMO.

I'm not gonna shake weight all over myself about 12-4....this isn't an expansion franchise anymore.

All that said, I'll be ready and amped for Saturday I'm sure, but not like I was last year and not like I thought I would be this year.

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #57
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Disagree. We are a better team than the Bengals. No question about it in my mind. Are we playing better than the Bengals? Of course not, but we are a better team.
Sorry, I had you confused with those people who think our QB sucks, our defense is one dimensional, & our coach is in over his head.

My bad, it's just difficult keeping who's who & their positions straight on this board.
Old 01-02-2013   #58
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90635 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
My bad, it's just difficult keeping who's who & their positions straight on this board.
I = doomsdayer

I'd be thrilled with a loss in the AFC championship game.
Old 01-02-2013   #59
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 243703 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Well, you kind of ARE the team you're playing like.
Old 01-02-2013   #60
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read