Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2013   #81
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WC Game 1 Texans VS Bengals.....Lets Predict ;)

I'm also struggling with this one. I just can't see us losing this game at home so:

Texans - 23

Bengals - 17
Old 01-02-2013   #82
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Anything less than 31-17 Texans would be a complete dissappointment and the end of an otherwise promising season. I say this not to disrespect the Bengals (they are a better team than we faced last season), but because of our own failures.
*BUMP*

Just because I hate being stuck as the last post on the last page.
Old 01-02-2013   #83
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Actually JJ Watt really came on late last year and heck, scored a friggin td in that game. I am really confused by the Bradie James comment.
He did play well but he still hadn't grown into the JJ we know now, it was the start of it.

I'm just saying we replaced James with Demeco.

Also a little other thing we have our starting QB this year! Even if Matt has been struggling it is unquestionably better than having a rookie 3rd stringer like we did last year

I do not think the Bengals have a better team by any means, I mean at the least we have beat 3 playoff teams and they have beat 1...not to mention our two more wins overall.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #84
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

I have not made a prediction for this game and probably won't b/c I just can't get all that excited for it. I can't say I'll really be affected either way. Well I guess I won't be pissed if the texans win, so there's that. With all that said, here are some interesting points to look at heading into this game:

1) While the texans have had their struggles, the bengals have only 1 offensive TD in their last 2 games.
2) During their streak they beat 2 winning teams, the giants (who were an enigma all year and missed the playoffs) and Ravens (who rested their starters for most of the game). Their one loss came at home to the 8-8 cowboys.
3. Andy dalton has been sacked 46 times, 3rd most in the league by QB, compared to Matt Schaub only 27, 5th least of full season starters.

Personally, I feel the teams are a near even matchup and it sets up to be a close game. The texans avg ~30 yds more per game (mostly rushing) and defensively they are even. the texans are better vs. the run giving up 10 yds less per game than the bengals, so this might be a key advantage in the texans favor. As an aside, everyone is ready to crown the bengals, so I think the mental edge favors the texans here as the bengals may just get a bit ahead of themselves, in spite of the texans recent turtle act. But that's why they play the game.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #85
klockWork
All Pro

Rep Power: 27534 klockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respectedklockWork is a quality contributor and well respected

In the last game against the Colts I predicted we lose that game. Even though I know the Bengals are better than the Colts I think we'll win this one. Not sure why.

Hou - 27
Cin - 19
klockWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #86
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
I have not made a prediction for this game and probably won't b/c I just can't get all that excited for it. I can't say I'll really be affected either way..
No offense, but I find that very sad. This is why we follow this team. Sure, the Super Bowl is the ultimate goal, but it starts here. 10 years of wanting this team to get here & we're worried about getting over the hump.

I think last year was the first year in Atlanta Falcons history for back to back winning seasons. This is the first time in a long while since the Bengals have had back to back play-off appearances. Two years in a row the Cowboys lost a chance to be in the play-offs on the last day of the regular season. The Giants missed the play-offs 2 of the last three years.

Yeah, the Texans blew an excellent opportunity, but it ain't over yet.
Old 01-03-2013   #87
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1312 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

Bengals - 29

Texans - 22

Since our O-line is less than perfect against an awesome D-line and our QB plays mostly out of the fetal position under pressure, I just don't see us winning. It doesn't help that our ILBs are softer than a baby's bum.

I really hope I'm wrong though.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #88
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
If you break it down based on how the teams are performing "right now":

QB - advantage Bengals
WR - wash
RB - advantage Texans
TE - advantage Texans
OL - wash
D/Front 7 - advantage Texans
D/Secondary - advantage Bengals
Special Teams - advantage Bengals
Coaching - wash

Pretty evenly matched, so based on home field advantage we should have this right?

Can we figure out a way to blow it ... remains to be seen.

Texans - 24
Bengals - 21
Imo, the Bengals front 7 are currently better than ours. We've got Watt and some of Antonio, but we're lacking a LB corps.
Old 01-03-2013   #89
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Go back and look at the numbers in the Colts game:

Statistically the Texans owned that game out gaining the Colts 352 to 265. The difference were the two big plays given up on special teams and the 3rd and 23. I know they are part of the game and you can't remove them, but if you do take them away, Schaub may not be forcing that second pick late, and I don't think the defense gives up on the last drive in which the Colts gained 63 yards. So up to that point the Texans moved the ball at will but bogged down in the redzone while out gaining the Colts 352 to 202. Defensively they actually held up pretty well with the exception of the long TD pass. The Colts 2nd TD came on a short field after Schaubs 1st horrible pick. Let's not forget the ridiculous "incomplete pass" ruled on Luck's fumble. They made the Colts punt 5 times, the Texans only punted twice. I chalk this game up to more of anamoly. Face it, the Colts were not losing that game on the strength of Chuckstrong.
Old 01-03-2013   #90
mridge01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
No offense, but I find that very sad. This is why we follow this team. Sure, the Super Bowl is the ultimate goal, but it starts here. 10 years of wanting this team to get here & we're worried about getting over the hump.

I think last year was the first year in Atlanta Falcons history for back to back winning seasons. This is the first time in a long while since the Bengals have had back to back play-off appearances. Two years in a row the Cowboys lost a chance to be in the play-offs on the last day of the regular season. The Giants missed the play-offs 2 of the last three years.

Yeah, the Texans blew an excellent opportunity, but it ain't over yet.
No offense taken. I agree it's sad, but that's where I'm at right now. It's also sad the way the Texans blew a golden opportunity.
Old 01-03-2013   #91
Goodwrench3
VAI TEXANS!

Rep Power: 7153 Goodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respectedGoodwrench3 is a quality contributor and well respected

This team will reborn in playoffs

Texans: 24
Bengals: 7
Goodwrench3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #92
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 257888 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Go back and look at the numbers in the Colts game:

Statistically the Texans owned that game out gaining the Colts 352 to 265. The difference were the two big plays given up on special teams and the 3rd and 23. I know they are part of the game and you can't remove them, but if you do take them away, Schaub may not be forcing that second pick late, and I don't think the defense gives up on the last drive in which the Colts gained 63 yards. So up to that point the Texans moved the ball at will but bogged down in the redzone while out gaining the Colts 352 to 202. Defensively they actually held up pretty well with the exception of the long TD pass. The Colts 2nd TD came on a short field after Schaubs 1st horrible pick. Let's not forget the ridiculous "incomplete pass" ruled on Luck's fumble. They made the Colts punt 5 times, the Texans only punted twice. I chalk this game up to more of anamoly.
I take from this that the Texans are getting their mojo back. We lost the game, but Matt is in fine form........ regardless what they are saying on the board.

Andre looked awesome.... regardless how conservative our offense is.

Arian looked good, regardless how bad the right side of the line is.

Jj Watt & Antonio Smith are ready to go. Kj & Brandon Harris (yeah, I said it) are ready to go. Quin is ready to go.

This thang ain't over. It's just getting started.
Old 01-03-2013   #93
Donnieman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
Cincy 27. Texans 12 (no offensive tds)
You nailed it Tailgate!!!
Donnieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #94
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm feeling better now and thinking more clearly. I'm changing my original prediction of 31-6 Bengals to... 45-3 Bengals now. :-)
Old 01-03-2013   #95
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, all I know is I'm gonna have a cryin good time!! Last tailgate of the year, gonna miss my BC family, Earls gonna be at the game (I ALWAYS get emotional when I see him,) win or lose I'm gonna shed some tears!! NOT ready for this year to be over, but, getting prepared emotionally.

I vowed not to predict anymore scores after my major f-up with NE, so I'm just gonna sit back and keep on believin!! I would be extra miserable if I didn't!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #96
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Well, all I know is I'm gonna have a cryin good time!! Last tailgate of the year, gonna miss my BC family, Earls gonna be at the game (I ALWAYS get emotional when I see him,) win or lose I'm gonna shed some tears!! NOT ready for this year to be over, but, getting prepared emotionally.

I vowed not to predict anymore scores after my major f-up with NE, so I'm just gonna sit back and keep on believin!! I would be extra miserable if I didn't!!
Not so fast...Texans win here and then at NE and then Denver chokes their divisional game away...
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #97
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

All I'm going to say is this, the Texans better have their asses ready to play and get an early jump and lead on them. If they don't, the crowd's going to turn on them faster than they ever have, imo. Reliant will go from being a weapon to being a hinderance
Old 01-03-2013   #98
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodwrench3 View Post
This team will reborn in playoffs

Texans: 24
Bengals: 7

Ceremonial burning of letter jacket....
Old 01-04-2013   #99
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36873 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 34
Bengals 14
Old 01-04-2013   #100
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 337617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
I really have no idea what is going to happen this game. Usually that means my brain is trying to tell me the Texans will not win but the fan in me won't listen.
I feel the same way. My brain says the Bengals will win, but my heart won't let me make that prediction.

Hopefully the Texans come out hot and shock everyone. Get an early lead to build and and let our pass rush rattle Dalton.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read