Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2013   #1
gwallaia

Rep Power: 74346 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

My email from the Texans states that Earl Campbell will be on the field as Team Captain Saturday. Get ready for a HUGE standing ovation for the greatest Oiler ever.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
My email from the Texans states that Earl Campbell will be on the field as Team Captain Saturday. Get ready for a HUGE standing ovation for the greatest Oiler ever.
Well played Mr. McNair. Well played.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #3
Kthx
All Pro

Section: Bar Table
Rep Power: 8622 Kthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respectedKthx is a quality contributor and well respected

And instead of regular hotdogs they will be serving Earl Campbell's Hot Link Dogs.. a man can only dream.
Kthx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Well that's too bad for Earl.

I hate to see him involved with this fecal movement called Texans "football" we're witnessing right now.

I wish he'd drill Gary in the chest. That's a bit harsh, I take that back. If I was going to say how I really feel, I'd say that. But I can't. So I won't say it.
Old 01-02-2013   #5
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't help but get more fanatic as gameday approaches. Normally I'd still be spewing venom right now, but this is a play-off game. If we don't win this it'll be our last game this season.

Time to put positive energy out into the atmosphere. Hopefully Earl being gets the stadium even more energized and we feed off that and come out like hell on wheels.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #6
rush2112mn
All Pro

Rep Power: 972 rush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respectedrush2112mn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Earl Campbell: Team Captain for Saturday's game

Man......that is awesome.
I think it is a great idea to bring him out before the game as honorary team captain. Great choice.
He should get a long standing ovation if you ask me. The grit and determination he played with ....you dont see that anymore.
The NBC Sports special they did on him awhile back sure brought back memories.
rush2112mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #7
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 32907 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

He could probably pick up more ypc than our guys now. Although thats not a fair statement since its really the OL.

Think Earl could block?

Thats kind of a mixed emotion deal bring Earl out. I love me some Earl, but during this slump its kinda sad in a way to do that to him.

Who knows maybe it will pump the team up some.
Old 01-02-2013   #8
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

A really fun-loving and extremely positive guy who makes lemons out of lemonade every day. Will be great to honor him on the field.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Although a 'sip, he gets my love!!!!... As an Oiler!
Old 01-02-2013   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 99071 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

It's really about time that this team really do more to connect with the history of the NFL in Houston and it's long time fans. It was great seeing Bum come out on the field before the playoff game last season. Seeing Earl will only be bigger.

Earl is also a Texans and an Arian Foster fan.

It's too bad the team is tanking and circling the drain though. This really could have been special season however chances are it's going to be remembered as the season of monumental collapse (unless a miracle happens and they turn it back on which rarely happens).

I would say something like I wish Earl would walk over there and kick Kubiak in the nuts however in the last few weeks Kubiak has demonstrated that he has nothing there to kick.

I just hope the team at least shows up for having Earl on the sidelines.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
It's really about time that this team really do more to connect with the history of the NFL in Houston and it's long time fans. It was great seeing Bum come out on the field before the playoff game last season. Seeing Earl will only be bigger.

Earl is also a Texans and an Arian Foster fan.

It's too bad the team is tanking and circling the drain though. This really could have been special season however chances are it's going to be remembered as the season of monumental collapse (unless a miracle happens and they turn it back on which rarely happens).

Like GP was saying, I would say something like I wish Earl would walk over there and kick Kubiak in the nuts however in the last few weeks Kubiak has demonstrated that he has nothing there to kick.

I just hope the team at least shows up for having Earl on the sidelines.
Right, my team won a total of 3 games my last two years with the Oilers, and I'm going to go over there and kick the hell out of your family jewelry box. =P
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #12
JimBaker488
Veteran

Rep Power: 106 JimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respectedJimBaker488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl can't help them once the game starts, they are on their own then.
JimBaker488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #13
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Obviously, this will inspire many, but it sure ought to have a profoundly positive effect on a couple of Texans RBs.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #14
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 114917 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

It's always great to see a Houston football legend participating with this young franchise. It helps add history that they lack.

I could just watch that all day. Ah, the good old days. When men were men, and your helmet was an officially sanctioned weapon of mass destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
stuff
Do you really have to crap in every thread?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #15
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 75430 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhouston View Post
That's horrible.

That would be like me saying I wish lis-franc injuries were career ending. Also something I cant say so I wont.
Yup I agree, based on posts I read from GP he seems very immature, par for course
Old 01-03-2013   #16
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
Yup I agree, based on posts I read from GP he seems very immature, par for course
Oooohhh!

I need that popcorn emoticon.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #17
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Earl is an icon, not only in this city, but in the history of the NFL. I just hope that he is not being used like another cheap letter man jacket gimmick. Most of us would cherish seeing him out there, even without a playoff game. I would hope that the Texans bring home a win to bring honor to his appearance.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be sure to bring along a box of kleenex!! I truly get that emotional when I see Earl!! Oh the memories!! I can always use what's left to wipe away the tears after the game is over! HOPEFULLY, tears of joy!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #19
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 191772 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

While I'm for anything Earl gets , it does seem like Bob pulled out the Drayton playbook .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #20
bo orlando
Veteran

Rep Power: 1426 bo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respectedbo orlando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Get ready for a HUGE standing ovation for the greatest Oiler ever.
Wait, Bruce Matthews is going to be there too?
bo orlando is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read