Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2013   #81
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: No matter what happens Saturday, it's been a very Successful Year for the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
when it came to locking down home field advantage, playing two games instead of 3 to advance to the Super Bowl, and playing the worst playoff teams instead of the better playoff teams on your road to New Orleans....December mattered quite a bit.
Spilled milk & everything.

Let's move on.
Old 01-02-2013   #82
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No matter what happens Saturday, it's been a very Successful Year for the Texans

Quote:
when it came to locking down home field advantage, playing two games instead of 3 to advance to the Super Bowl, and playing the worst playoff teams instead of the better playoff teams on your road to New Orleans....December mattered quite a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Spilled milk & everything.

Let's move on.
losing the top spot in the AFC and playing 3 games instead of 2 isn't "spilled milk". Accidentally pouring bleach on your letter jacket is "spilled milk".

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #83
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

This team needs to get back to the tried and true methodology of its past:

Enter the final three games well OUT of playoff contention, or maybe make it to where they need wins AND help from other teams, and then win those last three games and party in the stadium like rock stars...then draft in the top 15.

This whole "Doing awesome until the last few games of the season" thing is really not the recipe for Houston pro football fans to enjoy.

I prefer a more vintage Houston pro football product. My palate is conditioned to reject anything else.
Old 01-02-2013   #84
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Successful? VERY successful?!?! Please pass the blunt because I definitely need some of the diggity you have been smoking.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #85
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
This team needs to get back to the tried and true methodology of its past:

Enter the final three games well OUT of playoff contention, or maybe make it to where they need wins AND help from other teams, and then win those last three games and party in the stadium like rock stars...then draft in the top 15.

This whole "Doing awesome until the last few games of the season" thing is really not the recipe for Houston pro football fans to enjoy.

I prefer a more vintage Houston pro football product. My palate is conditioned to reject anything else.
What is a "more vintage pro football product", may I ask?
76Texan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #86
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nevermind, you didn't include the Oilers, I presume.
Old 01-02-2013   #87
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
What is a "more vintage pro football product", may I ask?
You left out the "Houston" part of that line.

HOUSTON pro football product.

Vintage Houston pro football is being excited about potential, knowing that your dreams are bigger than reality's outcome. So you can talk about "what if" rather than "what could have been."

We've had fewer "what could have been" moments.

I enjoy the "what if" moments better. With "what could have been," you end up learning that you're as near to the trophy as you were back in the days when you were far away. I think it's time to salvage the old signature pic and replace the Cushing sig pic.
Old 01-02-2013   #88
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

31 out of 32 teams will have a bad season. That's just how it works. Houston pro football fans have never had a good season, and aren't gonna have one this year either.

Just ask the 16-0 patsies or the 9-7 super bowl champion Giants.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #89
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 263559 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
losing the top spot in the AFC and playing 3 games instead of 2 isn't "spilled milk". Accidentally pouring bleach on your letter jacket is "spilled milk".
It's still the past, just the same. The important thing is next week.

Makes no sense in getting upset about... well, I was upset too. But that was 3 days ago. We'll be rock'n @ Reliant 3 days from now. Chances are we're going to lose the game, but I'll be damned if I give up before I lose my voice.
Old 01-02-2013   #90
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's still the past, just the same. The important thing is next week.

Makes no sense in getting upset about... well, I was upset too. But that was 3 days ago. We'll be rock'n @ Reliant 3 days from now. Chances are we're going to lose the game, but I'll be damned if I give up before I lose my voice.
I'm not upset. My world centers around facts. Homers don't need such things so you should feel fine about the whole thing. I'm still pulling for the good guys though.

Old 01-02-2013   #91
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Just ask the 16-0 patsies or the 9-7 super bowl champion Giants.
How about those dominant 2009 Saints?
Old 01-02-2013   #92
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97461

Old 01-02-2013   #93
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
I'm not upset. My world centers around facts. Homers don't need such things so you should feel fine about the whole thing. I'm still pulling for the good guys though.
It's a matter of which facts you want to believe & what you think they mean.

Losing last Sunday does not mean we'll lose this coming Saturday. I don't think this is the kind of team that would lose 3 in a row. Haven't done it all year. (another one of those fact thingies)
Old 01-02-2013   #94
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Unfortunately, Matt Schaub =/= Drew Brees.
Old 01-02-2013   #95
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Unfortunately, Matt Schaub =/= Drew Brees.
He's taller.

Old 01-02-2013   #96
76Texan
Hall of Fame

How about Dan Marino, who had a losing record in the play-offs and never did anything To write home about?
Old 01-02-2013   #97
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not a buyer of the 12-4 argument. The best lil' regular season team ever guys! Bag that. I'll base my ideas of their success on their post season record, starting with the Bengals. Yeah, 12-4 and HFA and all that noise, it's called the past and we ain't livin' in it. This ain't 1993, ain't the Oilers, ain't a bunch of regular season games. This is a big game and the Texans have thoroughly proven themselves unworthy of big games. All said, "if only Matt Schaub was healthy, that's a super bowl team" and what do we have now? Matt Schaub and that gigantic monkey on his back. A loss here is devastating. One win and one loss is equally troubling, to me indicating this team has hit it's peak. The least likely scenario by all accounts is them making even the AFC championship game. For me, it's probably a loss in the AFC game that is my minimum level of accepting the season as successful. If having Schaub would've put that team over the Ravens last year, what would be wrong in expecting the same thing this year....when they have Schaub???

I'm rooting for my team all the way but the last couple burns went deep. There was no way the Jags had a chance. Or the Lions. Vikings....Colts....and now people think we're about to go beat a Bengals team that's on the rise?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #98
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
I don't think this is the kind of team that would lose 3 in a row. Haven't done it all year. (another one of those fact thingies)
yeah cause that is way different than losing 3 of 4

Old 01-02-2013   #99
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess I look at it a little different than some of you guys. I just take one game at a time,, and try to keep it simple. I celebrate when we win, get irritated and pi*sed off when we lose, and then move on to the next game.. For me, we have had a successful season. I've watched some damn good football, watched us win games we probably should have lost, lose some, well two, we should have won, and watched one of the BEST defensive players to ever play the game set records for our team, as well as a resurgent of one of the best WR to ever set foot on a football field, and they BOTH belong to US, as well as a pretty good RB!! It's been an entertaining season for me, and that's what I pay for. SURE, I want it to continue through Feb, but, I don't regret one dime I've spent thus far on my team.

I have a competitive spirit, and that makes me continue to believe we can pull off four more wins. If I can't make myself believe that, then I don't need to be spending so much damn money on a game thats so unpredictable. Our boys let us down the past couple weeks. We're all disappointed, angry, sad, hesitant to believe in them, blaaa, blaaaa, blaaa! It didn't work out the way it should, but, it's time to move on. If we have one more game or four, we're better off than the Cowgirls and Titties, who are sitting at home wishing they were in our shoes!! I'm in the mood to celebrate ONE more win, ONE game at a time, until it's all over!!

PLUS!! I'm just not ready to give up my dream of a Texan/Niner SB!! I can hold on to that for at least 3 more days, maybe more!! It's my dream dammit, and I'm not ready for it to end!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #100
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
And Schaub has as much Playoff experience as RGIII and Andrew Luck...

And Schaub has thrown 1 TD in last 4 games....

And Schaub is shaken in the confidence dept....

Doesn't bode well
So what is this ravens fan trollling over here for anyway? They have their own issues.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read