Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2013   #1
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 420 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

I, like most of you, do not feel great about this team right now. But what would it take on Saturday to change those feelings?

Would you prefer this team win in a huge blowout Saturday (like the Baltimore game), or a gritty,solid performance that shows they still have their manhood (think Chicago game)? What about individual performances?

Edit: the games Saturday. Thanks for the reminder Shark.
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What will it take to make you feel better about this team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
What will it take to make you feel better about this team?
winning a game when something important is on the line.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Saturday, but I knew what you meant.

Anyway, give me the Ravens win and the Bears win the next 2 weeks before the game back here in Reliant vs. Baltimore...(SPOILER ALERT!)
Old 01-02-2013   #4
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Saturday, but I knew what you meant.

Anyway, give me the Ravens win and the Bears win the next 2 weeks before the game back here in Reliant vs. Baltimore...(SPOILER ALERT!)
Bears?
Old 01-02-2013   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Bears?
The OP said wins like the Ravens game and the Bears game...

I'm saying I'll take wins over Cincy and NE that would be equal to those 2 games...
Old 01-02-2013   #6
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Coming out and playing good football would be a start
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #7
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

To borrow from a once great franchise, "Just win baby".
Old 01-02-2013   #8
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
winning a game when something important is on the line.
This...meet the damn challenge for once.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #9
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

2 wins in the playoffs... AT LEAST one heck of a fight in the second round. But then I would be so upset cuz "we could of had em at home" type thinking.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #10
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Win.
Old 01-02-2013   #11
MistaRed
All Pro

Rep Power: 13090 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Win.

Just that simple.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #12
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 295319 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

A win won't do it for me. I predicted a first round win after the Pats game. While I admittedly feel worse about the team than I did even then, I have the same reasoning for demanding more than a win in order to feel good about this team. I want a win where the team comes out and establishes the running game at a good clip (4+ YPC). I want a win where the QB doesn't come out sleepwalking and wearing concrete cleats. I want a win where the defense doesn't surrender a high percentage of 3rd down conversions like they have been. I want a win where the team converts in the red zone instead of driving for FGs.

In short, I want a win that will make me believe they have a chance against the Patriots.
Old 01-02-2013   #13
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
In short, I want a win that will make me believe they have a chance against the Patriots.
I hope that's not too much to ask. For OUR sake as fans.
Old 01-02-2013   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
coming out of the tunnel in HS Letterman jackets while riding segways?

Old 01-02-2013   #15
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Complete and utter domination. Im talking a 55-3 shellacking. An ass beating so hard their grandkids will feel it. Complete curb stomping of Dalton that makes him consider early retirement. bengals defensive almost in tears with looks of complete shock.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #16
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
coming out of the tunnel in HS Letterman jackets while riding segways?
Don't be silly. Those jackets won't fit over the shoulder pads.
Old 01-02-2013   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
A win won't do it for me. I predicted a first round win after the Pats game. While I admittedly feel worse about the team than I did even then, I have the same reasoning for demanding more than a win in order to feel good about this team. I want a win where the team comes out and establishes the running game at a good clip (4+ YPC). I want a win where the QB doesn't come out sleepwalking and wearing concrete cleats. I want a win where the defense doesn't surrender a high percentage of 3rd down conversions like they have been. I want a win where the team converts in the red zone instead of driving for FGs.

While I certainly agree with everything you said, I thought the question was simple:

"What will it take to make you feel better about this team?"

That's somewhat of a loaded question, because when you're at the bottom, even a foot higher looks "up".

Obviously, your post coming true would make me feel great about the team, not just 'better'.

But I do not expect dominance. They haven't dominated anyone this season, including 2 win teams like the Jags. I'd be shocked if they could dominate a hot-streak team like the Bengals. I'd be a little surprise if the slumping Texans could just manage a win on Saturday.
Old 01-02-2013   #18
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

No margin of victory against the Bengals will have me feeling any better. The Ginger Ninja is not in the Brady/Manning/Rodgers/Brees class.

A victory against the Patriots will be the only thing that would make me fell better about this season.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #19
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Don't be silly. Those jackets won't fit over the shoulder pads.
Bengals are pumping in Bulls on Parade when they practice. I'm looking for letter jackets next

https://twitter.com/IsraeliAndres/st...65758685806592

Old 01-02-2013   #20
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31941 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Winning cures everything is a common saying and correct.

Though for me there is one other way. Show me that hunger of a team that never won again. The team that when the chips were down fought like an underdog and left it all on the field. I haven't seen that in weeks and it is what I miss. I have seen a team going through the motions and as soon as something doesn't work 'Oh well, here we go again' seems to be the look on their faces especially the offense. Play with some passion, some fire and hunger again.

Tired of seeing my quarterback dejected like someone stole his puppy. Tired of seeing offensive linemen standing and watching when the quarterback is sacked or running back stopped for a loss. Tired of seeing my running back falling from arm tackles (if he doesn't just slip on his own). Tired of seeing safeties with the look of 'Duh' as a pass goes over their head and so on and so on.

Bring back that passion and hunger we saw before the winning came this year and I will feel better.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read