Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2013   #21
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 266324 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sharpton put on IR today...Per Chronicle

Four year contract would not stop the Texans from either keeping him and hoping for the best next year...........or releasing him once off of IR.

Originally from The National Football Post:

Quote:
The Texans have signed fourth-round linebacker Darryl Sharpton to a four-year contract.

Sharpton received the standard base salaries of $320,000, $405,000, $490,000 and $575,000, a fourth-year escalator clause and a signing bonus slightly less than the $538,250 that Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams received as the pick directly above him.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #22
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Looks likes injuries will dominate his career.
Yep. He at least lasted longer than I thought we would.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont understand why the texans seemed so excited about his return when he came back from injury.

He doesn't flash when you watch the team play. He had that pretty good pre season as a rookie though....seemed like a player...

But I don't see him as some big time player. Seems like a dime a dozen type guy.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #24
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 281570 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I dont understand why the texans seemed so excited about his return when he came back from injury.

He doesn't flash when you watch the team play. He had that pretty good pre season as a rookie though....seemed like a player...

But I don't see him as some big time player. Seems like a dime a dozen type guy.
My thoughts exactly. Hate to see anyone go on the IR, but from a football standpoint, he's just another guy. Texans started the season with Brian Cushing and several guys ranging from "Just A Guy" to scrub at ILB. Not sure why they thought they'd be OK at linebacker.
Old 01-02-2013   #25
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

I agree with the dime a dozen comment, but he was attacking the LOS much better than either James or Dobbins were. Big drop from Cushing, but he brought at least some of it back to our game.
Old 01-02-2013   #26
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
What are you talking about concerning cap? We should be about $5m under and can adjust salaries to come up with much more. Dutchrudder has a tagged post on cap you should review. Chris Olsen has gotten us out of cap hell.
I was being a smart ass about our getting into cap trouble and having to give up Winston/Ryans. I mean, how in the world can we possibly afford more stud players when we couldn't figure out how to budget for the ones we already had?

I see teams making moves and being ready for those moves but I never see good teams running off key components of their team because the screwed the pooch on the cap without some kind of plan.

I was just saying we'll screw that up too. Pessimism wrapped in candy coated sarcasm shell.
Old 01-02-2013   #27
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Four year contract would not stop the Texans from either keeping him and hoping for the best next year...........or releasing him once off of IR.

Originally from The National Football Post:
yeah, think the days of depending on sharpton's health are over, but keeping him around and hoping for his health (and honestly improved play) is what I am expecting.
Old 01-02-2013   #28
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Sharpton was just a warm body anyway....he was a bad draft pick from the get go. I've been underwhelmed by his play when healthy. All he can do is cover in the flat. He wasn't physical enough up front, not a good gap filler and is slow to read and react. Jay Foreman was twice the player he is.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #29
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

Rep Power: 266 Texan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respected

This is shocking news.. We need another back up for Cushing..
Texan_Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read