Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2013   #41
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No matter what happens Saturday, it's been a very Successful Year for the Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
What do you call the last month of the season?
I've already stated my opinion on this matter several times.
I even said that they could very well go 1-2 in the last 3 weeks, and they did.

All I care is that they won the division.
I don't need style point. The Giants didn't have any style point for the regular season when they won them two SBs.

And now it's play-off time.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #42
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No matter what happens Saturday, it's been a very Successful Year for the Texans

Quote:
When you totally and completely implode the last month of the season RIGHT after you clinch...well, let's just say that I have a different idea of what a "very successful year" is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
I've already stated my opinion on this matter several times.
I even said that they could very well go 1-2 in the last 3 weeks, and they did.

All I care is that they won the division.
I don't need style point. The Giants didn't have any style point for the regular season when they won them two SBs.

And now it's play-off time.
actually they were 1-4 over the last month

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #43
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You don't think that the failure to clinch HFA, in TWO ATTEMPTS, is underachieving?

Wow.

Had we manned up and clinched HFA...and then go on to lose in the AFCC game...I would think we did a good job based on all circumstances. But not putting the Vikings and the Colts away--losing HFA--that, to me, sealed this team's fate. They've under-achieved for that fact alone.

I can't even acknowledge a win vs. the Bengals, tbh. It'll be a mirage. But honestly, I feel like the Bengals are going to punk us HARD. I think we go out in the first round this Saturday. Owen Daniels better be preparing a better "I"m shocked, I'm stunned!" face than what he sported last Sunday in Indy.
The Texans overachieved for a while (not counting the GB game) without Cushing.
The schedule got tougher in the second half of the season (playing against 5 winning teams as opposed to 3 in the first half) while the injuries kept mounting.

Par for the course to me.
Old 01-02-2013   #44
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
???
Old 01-02-2013   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
The 49ers' head coach doesn't think like Gary Kubiak.

He's pulled his yearly starter in favor of an up-and-coming unproven KID.
& we don't know how that's going to turn out for them. They've got a bye week, & They'll have to play a pretty good team in two weeks. If they lose that game..... what did it get him? Last year they got to the NFC Championship game.

& even though things aren't looking up for us right now, we could very well be playing in the AFC Championship game. It's possible that may be a home game.

& remember, the last two Super Bowl winners didn't have bye weeks.
Old 01-02-2013   #46
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
& we don't know how that's going to turn out for them. They've got a bye week, & They'll have to play a pretty good team in two weeks. If they lose that game..... what did it get him? Last year they got to the NFC Championship game.

& even though things aren't looking up for us right now, we could very well be playing in the AFC Championship game. It's possible that may be a home game.

Please remind people.

To me, I'll be happy every year the team makes the playoffs. Someone said that Manning only one won superbowl in all those years...just give your team a shot and get into the post-season.

If the team wins the division? In my opinion that's even better, great season! Of course HFA is better...but if this team is ever going to be a superbowl team it is going to have to win tough games on the road.
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #47
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
All I've ever wanted was a perennial playoff team.

It's a crapshoot after that.
I agree to a point, but when they had the #1 seed in their grasp and blew it, not once, but twice, that was beyond disappointing.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #48
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 1035 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post

Well the last two superbowl winners were hot and finding tough ways to win coming into the playoffs, not stumbling in and finding ways to lose like the Texans are.
Old 01-02-2013   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
???
You can't figure out that the last month of games included one win and three losses?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 @Patriots L 14-42 11-2
15 Sun Dec 16, 2012 Colts W 29-17 12-2
16 Sun Dec 23, 2012 Vikings L 6-23 12-3
17 Sun Dec 30, 2012 @Colts L 16-28 12-4

Old 01-02-2013   #50
MistaRed
Veteran

Rep Power: 9162 MistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respectedMistaRed is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree with this line of thinking. If the Texans do not make the super bowl that's one thing. If they lose Saturday then this season is officially worse than last season, regardless of their regular season record.
MistaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #51
mridge01
Veteran

Quote:
You don't think that the failure to clinch HFA, in TWO ATTEMPTS, is underachieving?

Wow.

Had we manned up and clinched HFA...and then go on to lose in the AFCC game...I would think we did a good job based on all circumstances. But not putting the Vikings and the Colts away--losing HFA--that, to me, sealed this team's fate. They've under-achieved for that fact alone.

I can't even acknowledge a win vs. the Bengals, tbh. It'll be a mirage. But honestly, I feel like the Bengals are going to punk us HARD. I think we go out in the first round this Saturday. Owen Daniels better be preparing a better "I"m shocked, I'm stunned!" face than what he sported last Sunday in Indy.
I am in full agreement with this post. However, I'm not ready to believe the Bengals will punk the Texans. But a neither a loss or a win by the home team will surprise me. Neither would matter to me either. A win just secures a date to get @$$ raped by NE again.

Last edited by mridge01; 01-02-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Update
Old 01-02-2013   #52
Vinny
shiny happy fan

ok, I can't figure out that 1-3 isn't 1-4....oh well, same point though.

Old 01-02-2013   #53
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14869 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Well the last two superbowl winners were hot and finding tough ways to win coming into the playoffs, not stumbling in and finding ways to lose like the Texans are.
The Giants did get hot...but they were not favorites to win it.

The Packers were 2-2 though, I wouldn't say they went roaring into the playoffs or anything.

I think the point is, this is the NFL. Just get to the playoffs and see what you can do. It's hard enough to get to the playoffs, if you do it enough times (like the Steelers...) you may find that luck shines on your side enough to make a legit run at it.
Old 01-02-2013   #54
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You can't figure out that the last month of games included one win and three losses?

Mon Dec 10, 2012 @Patriots L 14-42 11-2
15 Sun Dec 16, 2012 Colts W 29-17 12-2
16 Sun Dec 23, 2012 Vikings L 6-23 12-3
17 Sun Dec 30, 2012 @Colts L 16-28 12-4
You said 1-4.

The Texans were 2-3 for the month of December.
And they won a bunch of game before that.
Old 01-02-2013   #55
mridge01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

The Packers were 2-2 though, I wouldn't say they went roaring into the playoffs or anything.

I think the point is, this is the NFL. Just get to the playoffs and see what you can do. It's hard enough to get to the playoffs, if you do it enough times (like the Steelers...) you may find that luck shines on your side enough to make a legit run at it.
The Packers had won their last 2 going into the playoffs. I never said either team was a favorite to win.
Old 01-02-2013   #56
mridge01
Veteran

The Texans remind more of this Giants team from 2008.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Ne..._Giants_season
Old 01-02-2013   #57
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
You said 1-4.

The Texans were 2-3 for the month of December.
And they won a bunch of game before that.
I was talking about the last 4 games and I think redundantly typing "4" would clue you in on that. Also, thanks for telling me we won a bunch of games before that. I must have missed that little known nugget of information. Either that of I thought we were "imploding" from losses.

Old 01-02-2013   #58
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
The Packers had won their last 2 going into the playoffs. I never said either team was a favorite to win.
I just don't think it matters too much. 2 games isn't a winning streak really though.

All the last 4 games say is that a team is struggling at the moment or a team is playing well at the time. That doesn't mean that can't change. It's just another thing people use to try and predict the usually unpredictable playoffs.
Old 01-02-2013   #59
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post

The Giants went 3-5.
The Packers went 3-3.
The Saints lost their last 3.
Old 01-02-2013   #60
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Giants went 3-5.
The Packers went 3-3.
The Saints lost their last 3.
Eli Manning
Aaron Rodgers
Drew Brees
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read