Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-02-2013   #1
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46599 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No matter what happens Saturday, it's been a very Successful Year for the Texans !

If you were like me and with this franchise watching it on TV that Sunday night for the first time against Dallas 10 years ago, you know it's been a long and difficult journey to this point. Well here's a reminder, last year was our first division winning season & playoff season and therefor this year is only the second to win a division and reach the playoffs and the 12 wins we've had are the most ever, but the harsh reality is sometimes playoff teams aren't playing their best when the playoffs begin so brace yourself for what might happen Saturday. Afterall last years best RS team and the defending SB champs Packers lost their initial playoff game at home in GB after stumbling badly at the end of the RS.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 79490 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No matter what happens Saturday, it's been a very Successful Year for the Texans

I'm still angry.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 284477 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No matter what happens Saturday, it's been a very Successful Year for the Texans

The Texans are going to be a steady playoff team for a few years now, they are a good team, better than most in the AFC. That's better than what they used to be. But that doesn't mean I'm happy about everything.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #4
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79918 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

One and done would be a step back so successful? Yes. VERY successful? No.

I am hoping against hope that this team will be the anti-1993 Oilers who were also 12-4 but finished on an 11 game win streak only to get bounced at home in round one. Maybe we stumble in, but get hot.
Old 01-02-2013   #5
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 64539 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Expectations vs what looks like the overall outcome will be (especially with the swirling turds we have witnessed the last few games) and I hesitate to call it a successful season. We have to step out of this little brother mindset as a fan base for this franchise and stop being happy with just a good record IMO.

It's time to expect more and stop settling for less. I understand we want to try to be positive but man, reality says this team has failed for the moment and come Saturday we will see if this team was truly fraudulent or not.

Yes, yes, we will all be rooting Saturday, we're all die hards, etc, etc, etc.....but smashing the rose colored glasses can reveal a lot....

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #6
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 307979 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

All I've ever wanted was a perennial playoff team.

It's a crapshoot after that.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #7
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

just hope they upgrade the weaknesses in offseason. one step in front of colts yet three behind the best
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 01-02-2013   #8
amazing80
Site Contributor

Section: my couch
Rep Power: 75430 amazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respectedamazing80 is a quality contributor and well respected

getting TO the playoffs is not good enough, this team spouted off about super bowl or bust, so now they will be held to that standard
Old 01-02-2013   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 284477 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

True. All those Manning years in Indy produced one trophy.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #10
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 265137 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok, fine "12-4" is the best record ever. That doesn't mean this will go down as our best season ever. One and done is a step back regardless of regular season record. A Super Bowl win would make this the best season ever even if we got in at 9-7 in my opinion.

We're going to the playoffs. Saturday we win or this season was a failure. If we win then the next week we have a chance to make this season better than last year by doing something unexpected and winning in the second round. If we win this week and lose in the second then this season is no better (and no worse) than 2011.
Old 01-02-2013   #11
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

If yas ask me , losing 2 of the last three and missing out on the #1 seed is a complete and total let down.

Looking at how the team has played in the last month .... doesnt make me happy at all.

The bottom line is this season started out with talks of a and now we're .... settling for 12-4 , one and done in the playoffs is a success ?!!

Last year we knocked on the door ...... this year we are gonna kick the sum b!tch in.

Read my sig - Superbowl or bust , no excuses. - Matt Schaub. (just in case I change it)

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #12
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Last year we knocked on the door .... this year we are suppose to kick the sum b!tch in.

)
Year 1 = Knock on door

Year 2 = Pound on door

Year 3 = Kick sum b!tch in

Problem is: Year 2 we rang doorbell and ran.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #13
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

This season is a failure if we do not make it past this first round. It is a failure if we get blown out against Denver or New England. If we are competitive in the second round and lose on a last second field goal, or TD then I honestly wouldn't be that upset. But, the fact that this team just pissed away the number one seed like they did would still make the overall season a big failure. Changes need to be made next year, most notably at QB. We can't have a weak-armed statue leading our team. I just heard Teddy Bruschi say that in order to beat the Texans, you must put the ball in Schaub's hands and let him beat you. That is just sad.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264424 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
One and done would be a step back so successful? Yes. VERY successful? No.
So what do you think the Bengals are saying?

This season has been better for them as well, but someone's got to lose.

Don't get me wrong, I want a win. I expect the win. But I don't know if it's going to be a "step back"

This Bengals team is better than the one we faced last season. This Texans' team is better than the one they faced last season. It's going to be a hell of a game & I can't wait.
Old 01-02-2013   #15
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Year 1 = Knock on door

Year 2 = Pound on door

Year 3 = Kick sum b!tch in

Problem is: Year 2 we rang doorbell and ran.
bleh , you must nodda been around back then .... (hell I even put the text in columbia blue)

The fat lady aint sang on this season yet .... she might be warming up but she aint sang.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #16
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
bleh , you must nodda been around back then .... (hell I even put the text in columbia blue)

The fat lady aint sang on this season yet .... she might be warming up but she aint sang.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bum_Phillips

Quote:
"Last year we knocked on the door. This year we beat on it. Next year we're going to kick the son of a ***** in."[4]
I win old man!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
owned.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #18
OilerTexan
Rookie

Yes it has been a great season!

Things we never did before:
- We won 12 games!
- Were considered the top team at times during the season. (Those first games before Cush was hurt and the offense developed a tell on run plays, we were the dominant team.)
- We beat the Ravens.
- We beat the Jets.

And as a bonus, we've still never lost to the Bears or the Dolphins.

And not the least of this list, we got to watch Watt blow up into a mega star. Andre had another 1500 yard season.

I started as a Oilers fan in the '70s; we never made it to the Superbowl, but I loved that team. I want to make it to the Superbowl, but I don't need that.
OilerTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #19
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 31940 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say a 'good' season but not 'very successful.' Truth of the matter, regular season records mean little to nothing if you don't get the job done in the playoffs. Progress would be for this team to make it to the AFC title game and not to get a 'one and done' Saturday. Not a single player would find it successful to just get 12 wins in the regular season. Ask the Falcons how good it feels to get wins in the regular season while doing nothing in the post season.

So while I wouldn't say even if we lose it was a very successful season I will say no matter if we win, lose, stink it up or whatever that I will be proud of the guys for giving it a fight and being an organization I can easily stay behind no matter what. Classy organization and some players who you don't just enjoy their play but respect them as individuals.

Now to beat the kitty cats and go on to shock the world! Keep hope alive! LOL
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 340250 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post

This.

I hope for the best, but beyond that, I understand the fan experience is a passive one in that we watch and they win or lose.

Expectations, demands, settling...all those words are useless because we are powerless to change a damn thing on this team.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read