Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?
Yes 27 19.57%
No 111 80.43%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2013   #101
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Grungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?

I vote "No". 1) He has novice pocket awareness. 2) He's afraid to take a hit (i.e. that straining face he ALWAYS makes when being tackled). 3) He refuses to audible, or maybe he struggles to read a defense (which i doubt because he is a smart guy). 4) He's more vanilla than Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream. 5) He does not go through his progressions. 6) Cannot throw to the sidelines, backside, or fade. 7) Below average velocity on balls thrown.

Whew, I feel better! But, it does not matter.. Like it or not, we are stuck with him for 2 more seasons, and Kubiak for at least one. Maybe the light will proverbially "turn on" this Saturday?
Grungo_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #102
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

How is it the Colts get one superstar QB and lose him after countless years of awesome game play, just to replace him a short time later with a young superstar QB........and the Texans go from a sh$tty QB to a not quite as sh$tty QB?
Can we get a damn QB here in Houston?
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #103
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJohnson's View Post
Please sub Yates in. That is all I want to happen.
What for. This is schaub's plane wreck. He needs to captain this vessel all the way to the mountain side. No reason to put that on Yates.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #104
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Grungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
What for. This is schaub's plane wreck. He needs to captain this vessel all the way to the mountain side. No reason to put that on Yates.
I couldn't agree more with this. At this point in time, we have to live or die with old schaubby.
Old 01-01-2013   #105
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
How is it the Colts get one superstar QB and lose him after countless years of awesome game play, just to replace him a short time later with a young superstar QB........and the Texans go from a sh$tty QB to a not quite as sh$tty QB?
Good fortune and not being afraid to step out on a Limb.

Colts could have kept manning and passed on luck. They could have shown loyalty to Peyton. If they'd have brought him back they'd still be good. But they wouldn't have the young stud.

On the other hand, we didn't even give a second thought to picking up Peyton this off season.

How sweet would it have been to sweep the division and win in Indy for the first time with Manning. Getting manning would have been like the reverse curse. Luck probably would have been a bust, we'd have the number 1 seed, cushing would be healthy, barwin would have more sacks and we'd be the favorite heading into the play offs this year. LOL...

But seriously...we didn't even entertain the idea of picking up Peyton friggin manning. Because we had schaub.

Big risk big reward.

But if there was ever a time to take a big risk, it was last off season when you could have gone after Peyton fukin manning.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #106
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Perfectly put. Rep coming your way.

This is not the time for T.J. Yates. It's either Schaub's time to step up or as you said fly straight into a mountain.
Old 01-01-2013   #107
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieman View Post
Here's the question you have to ask yourself Houston.
If we traded Schaub at the end of another one and done season, what would we get?
Probably a third or fourth round pick. And he wouldn't start for anybody,just another backup QB.
Me? I would trade him to KC for Eric Winston straight up, deal as best as possible with Yates and try to get Alex Smith.

Thoughts?
Sounds good to me.

But still, as sour as I am on schaub, he deserves (yes deserves) the chance to qb this team and prove himself in the play offs.

If he plays poorly like I hope he doesn't, then I believe we can't go into next season with schaub at qb. I would bring in Alex Smith if the deal was good enough. I'd then draft a qb within the first or second round. And then I'd start with Yates, Alex smith behind him, rookie qb, then Keenum.

And then I'd have it be an open competition with all spots up for grabs.

But I wouldn't trade schaub for winston. I think he's being overrated Now because of how bad our right side has been.

But if schaub doesn't work here kc makes sense for him.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #108
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungo_Taco View Post
eeeeeeeeek!!! At least Double J was smart enough to wait until the end of this season to extend Romo
"NEWS FLASH"
Texans don't run their organization like Double J

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #109
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
"NEWS FLASH"
Texans don't run their organization like Double J
You got a point?
Old 01-01-2013   #110
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textan View Post
A lot of luck, no pun intended. It just so happen Peyton gets injured and lost for the season right before the best QB prospect in decades enters the draft.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #111
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream_team View Post
A lot of luck, no pun intended. It just so happen Peyton gets injured and lost for the season right before the best QB prospect in decades enters the draft.
we can get a good qb without having a #1 overall pick. Kaepernick went in round 2, and russell wilson round 3.
Old 01-01-2013   #112
macho grande
Veteran

Section: thin air up here
Rep Power: 347 macho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respectedmacho grande is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
MS is weak, scared, and pathetic. He canNOT hit a receiver in stride in long yardage passes. He either overthrows or underthrows forcing the receiver to dive, double-back, or he gift-wraps a pick to the defender. He has a weak arm, he is not mobile, goes down at the slightest amount of contact. He is frustrating AJ and others --you can see it in their body language after MS craps a pass to them.

He is not a leader and I fear that my 5 yr old daughter could do better.

Anyone but MS.

Having said that, I welcome him to prove me wrong.
Get out of my head!!!!
macho grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #113
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18100 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we can get a good qb without having a #1 overall pick. Kaepernick went in round 2, and russell wilson round 3.
True, we can get a decent QB anywhere in the draft. The odds of that QB being better than Schaub is not very good.

Also, in your original post, you asked how did the Colts go from superstar to another superstar. I don't think Kaep or Wilson have superstar potential.
Old 01-01-2013   #114
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

No chance of improving the QB situation in the near future unless Yates or Keenum really steps up. I think Keenum could really excel in this offense. I just hope Kubiak has the balls to make a decision like Pete Caroll made with Wilson, after having paid Flynn the money. I don't see it, considering Kubiak's decision on Carr in '06. That cost McNair a cool $8 mil.
Old 01-01-2013   #115
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Quote:
True, we can get a decent QB anywhere in the draft. The odds of that QB being better than Schaub is not very good.

Also, in your original post, you asked how did the Colts go from superstar to another superstar. I don't think Kaep or Wilson have superstar potential.
1) It was not my original post.

2) Kaepernick & especially russell wilson are ALREADY miles ahead of anywhere Schaub will ever be. TBH, your statement: "The odds of that QB being better than Schaub is not very good. I don't think Kaep or Wilson have superstar potential." just absolutely reeks of ignorance. I suggest you watch Russell Wilson.. He is the real-deal-mccoy. In fact, he should be co-rookie of the year along side RGIII. Good QB's can be had in round 2 & 3... but it's up to Smithiak to pull the trigger. There is a new wave of QB's flooding the league, we can either put our heads in the sand and ignore it, or jump on the train before the rest of the teams do.
Old 01-01-2013   #116
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Quote:
1) It was not my original post.

2) Kaepernick & especially russell wilson are ALREADY miles ahead of anywhere Schaub will ever be. TBH, your statement: "The odds of that QB being better than Schaub is not very good. I don't think Kaep or Wilson have superstar potential." just absolutely reeks of ignorance. I suggest you watch Russell Wilson.. He is the real-deal-mccoy. In fact, he should be co-rookie of the year along side RGIII. Good QB's can be had in round 2 & 3... but it's up to Smithiak to pull the trigger. There is a new wave of QB's flooding the league, we can either put our heads in the sand and ignore it, or jump on the train before the rest of the teams do.
Maybe our standards of what a "superstar" is, is a bit different. Superstar QBs to me, are Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady... those guys. I think Luck has the potential to eventually be there too.

I do watch a lot of Kaep and Wilson, and I like them both, but I don't see superstar potential. If you do, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I wouldn't mind Smith drafting a QB next year, in hopes to challenge Schaub for the #1 spot. I'm just saying the odds of getting someone (where we will be picking) probably won't be better than Schaub, but I'm all for taking a shot.
Old 01-01-2013   #117
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Quote:
Maybe our standards of what a "superstar" is, is a bit different. Superstar QBs to me, are Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Brady... those guys. I think Luck has the potential to eventually be there too.

I do watch a lot of Kaep and Wilson, and I like them both, but I don't see superstar potential. If you do, then we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I wouldn't mind Smith drafting a QB next year, in hopes to challenge Schaub for the #1 spot. I'm just saying the odds of getting someone (where we will be picking) probably won't be better than Schaub, but I'm all for taking a shot.
two words... tajh boyd. let him sit and watch next season, and after that take over and send schaub to the pine for the last yr of his guaranteed money. make it happen rick.
Old 01-02-2013   #118
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
No, there's definite "superstar" potential there. However, there's no guarantee that they'll be superstars.

Look at Cam Newton. Take away the running game, take away the defense, make those guys beat you. However, Seattle & SanFran (& Washington) have good to great defenses, good to great running games. If the coaches can keep it up, that will give those guys time to mature & be great... ala Tom Brady (not that they'll be like Tom Brady, but Tom Brady had a great defense & decent running game to lean on before he "became" Tom Brady).
Old 01-02-2013   #119
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

We're stuck with him either way, so we're stuck like chuck
Old 01-02-2013   #120
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50776 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
I hate reading this. Keenum was a spread QB in college and will amount to jack and **** in the pro's.
Yes, because the alternative is a guy who can't get past the line of scrimmage and routinely throws the ball at the feet of his receivers.

Let's go ahead and just settle for a known failure rather than risking a failure of a different type.

Wouldn't you like to see at least some ATHLETICISM out there? I do.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read