Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2013   #41
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Grungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WC Game 1 Texans VS Bengals.....Lets Predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
HAHA yall are doing it correctly by predicting either way, just would be nice to see a little more confidence in our team.
how can fans have confidence in a team; in which, has no confidence in itself?
Grungo_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #42
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Doesn't matter if we as fans have confidence in them or not. If the Texans play well they'll win. I just don't think they will and you asked for a prediction so that's what I'm predicting. I can't speak for others, but my prediction is based on what I've seen the last couple of weeks and very little to do with feeling negative. I just don't think they can fix their issues fast enough come this Saturday. And even if they win, they're going to get pasted again by the Pats by 40 or 50 points.
This.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #43
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9887 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Post Re: WC Game 1 Texans VS Bengals.....Lets Predict ;)

I expect the Bengals to win this game. I work with a Bengals fan who really wanted to wager on the game & I said I may as well pay her now. Maybe they'll surprise me & win, but there's no way they'll win in New England Doesn't really matter, since I just can't get up for this game anyway.
Old 01-01-2013   #44
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

I really have no idea what is going to happen this game. Usually that means my brain is trying to tell me the Texans will not win but the fan in me won't listen.
Old 01-01-2013   #45
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungo_Taco View Post
Bengals - 42
Texans - 17

Another dismal big game performance by our Texans. Kubiak states in post game press conference that 'consistency' is needed.
Now that's just a hate prediction. This will never happen.
Old 01-01-2013   #46
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The light bulb goes off for us in this game. Our backs are against the wall and the rest of the NFL doesn't expect much of us. We are under the radar which is how we perform best as evidenced in our track record in primetime games where we are excessively hyped up (Packers/Pats games this season).

Our big time players are going to show up and play their best football.

Texans 27
Bengals 13
Old 01-01-2013   #47
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 241303 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected

Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #48
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Grungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Now that's just a hate prediction. This will never happen.
No, it's not. 1 touchdown pass in the last 19 quarters. 'Nuff said.
Old 01-01-2013   #49
mridge01
Veteran

Quote:
No, it's not. 1 touchdown pass in the last 19 quarters. 'Nuff said.
The bengals are NOT the packers or pats. No way they put 42 on this defense.
Old 01-01-2013   #50
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans VS Bengals.....Lets Predict ;)

There's at least one light that shines for the Texans in this otherwise depressing matchup. The Bengals' only wins against teams who made the postseason was a 38-31 victory at Washington back in Week 3 and this past weekend's 23-17 win over a Baltimore team that rested most of their key players.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #51
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
The bengals are NOT the packers or pats. No way they put 42 on this defense.
Cinci's offense can be explosive.. It all comes down to Dalton getting enough time. And.. Seeing that we get ZERO outside pass rush these days.. I feel like he'll be able to pick apart our man coverage secondary. Oh yea, count on them putting AJ Green in the slot to get a tasty match up with Brandon Harris (seeing that we keep Harris in the slot no matter who is lining up opposite of him). Trust me, I am not blindly hating.. I am just calling it as I see it. Who knows tho, maybe the squad wakes up on Saturday with their old swagger.. I'm just not holding my breath for it to happen. From the HC -> QB -> OL -> DC -> OLB -> ILB -> FS -> SS ... They appear to have ZERO confidence... and this is a major problem.
Old 01-01-2013   #52
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Default Re: Texans VS Bengals.....Lets Predict ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
There's at least one light that shines for the Texans in this otherwise depressing matchup. The Bengals' only wins against teams who made the postseason was a 38-31 victory at Washington back in Week 3 and this past weekend's 23-17 win over a Baltimore team that rested most of their key players.
ooooo nice! thx for sharing that... Makes me feel better.
Old 01-01-2013   #53
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ooooo nice! thx for sharing that... Makes me feel better.
That IS nice. On the other hand, Houston has been averaging just 20.5 ppg over their last 4 games and Schaub is averaging just 236.5 passing yards over that stretch with just one touchdown to three interceptions. Even though, their competition has not been "elite " Cincinnati's defense hasnít allowed more than 20 points in eight straight games......they have finished 3rd in the NFL with 51 sacks.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #54
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
That IS nice. On the other hand, Houston has been averaging just 20.5 ppg over their last 4 games and Schaub is averaging just 236.5 passing yards over that stretch with just one touchdown to three interceptions. Even though, their competition has not been "elite " Cincinnati's defense hasnít allowed more than 20 points in eight straight games......they have finished 3rd in the NFL with 51 sacks.
haha i know. geno atkins is going to be a match up nightmare. i assume we will see a bunch of brandon brooks.
Old 01-01-2013   #55
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I really don't understand why Texans fans think we are going to lose to the Bengals at home.

I mean we have 2 more wins than we did last year and are playing basically the same Bengals team as we beat in the playoffs.

We just plain have a better team and we are at home.

Texans 27
Bengals 17

Lets go Texans!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Iua1oHych4
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #56
mridge01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
I really don't understand why Texans fans think we are going to lose to the Bengals at home.

I mean we have 2 more wins than we did last year and are playing basically the same Bengals team as we beat in the playoffs.

Texans 27
Bengals 17

Lets go Texans!

Sorry, they are not the same two teams. Bengals are better than last year and the texans are a hot mess. Guarantee the bengals will feel very confident about their ability to win here on Saturday.
Old 01-01-2013   #57
midway
Veteran

Rep Power: 1490 midway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respectedmidway is a quality contributor and well respected

We'll make Andy Dalton look the way we made Chad Henne look, and Schaub and Kubiak will continue to combine for a battle red ****fest.

Bengals 31
Texans 12
midway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #58
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by midway View Post
We'll make Andy Dalton look the way we made Chad Henne look, and Schaub and Kubiak will continue to combine for a battle red ****fest.

Bengals 31
Texans 12
4 field goals for the good guys? That sounds about right...
Old 01-01-2013   #59
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post

Texans 27
Bengals 17

Lets go Texans!

Like I said earlier.... Last year we had Demeco Ryans and Cushing present at the 50 yd line for the coin flip. This year, neither. We are not the same team as last year.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #60
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans 31
Bengals 24

If you go on momentum, you pick the bengals - that is obvious. Based on momentum, the Texans should have beat GB. GB stepped up and played near perfect ball to prove a point.

Point is, the Texans can do the same thing by playing their version of near perfect football, factor in the Home crowd/noise and it's not hard to envision a win.

Beyond that, win #2 will be hard.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read