Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-01-2013   #61
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will have a great playoff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEGA SWATT View Post
I don't doubt that but.......speaking about the last game - are they that good or does it have more to do with the ravens losing their mojo?
Ravns starters didn't play more than 2 series on both sides of the ball. Everyone rested. Flacco threw 8 passes, Rice had carries. Dalton played a little longer going 10/15- Gradkowski came in in the 2nd

Both teams wanted win- but rest their players. They both tried to win with their 2nd string. It was actually an entertaining game- like the 3rd pre-season game.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #62
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I don't think the Texans have it in them to get a chip on their shoulder but if they could , now is the time . Nobody thinks the Texans are going to beat the Bengals . If they do win , there's more people wanting to see Bud Adams in a swimsuit calender than those who thing think they'll beat the Patriots . The Texans have no credibility .
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #63
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Grungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I want nothing more than for this to happen. I really do. I can only wish I had your faith. Don't lose it. It's good for the rest of us to see it.
The Texans turning his boat around is not completely out of the realm of possibilities. Yes we are SO SO SO terrible right now. But, maybe.. just maybe.... 15+ players step up in a gargantuan way & we can make a postseason run. If I were to give a percentage chance of this happening.. 7%.
Grungo_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #64
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Only way this season would be considered successful to me is if we go into New England and win. Anything else is a total failure and we just made a lateral move.

I think many of us a few years ago would have easily taken this team right now as it pertains to having a perennial playoff team, but man once you finally get the taste of the postseason you just want so much more. I've seen too many good things from this team to just settle for losing in the playoffs year after year.
Old 01-01-2013   #65
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 161936 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I keep thinking "6th seed Rockets 1994-95 Champions." sigh
Old 01-01-2013   #66
C Madd
Veteran

Rep Power: 4156 C Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respectedC Madd is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I keep thinking "6th seed Rockets 1994-95 Champions." sigh
Would be nice to see the Texans Clutch City the **** out of this year's playoffs. Hell, bring in Rudy T for the games. Bring back "never underestimate the heart of a champion" and "Believe it!" Whatever it takes to motivate this team to a championship.
C Madd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #67
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17026 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

if u think about it

Ciny
Indy
ravens
texans

we are prob the only team out of that bunch that stands any chance aganist NE and DEnver

its up to us to dethrone the two greats no one else really stands a chance
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #68
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
if u think about it

Ciny
Indy
ravens
texans

we are prob the only team out of that bunch that stands any chance aganist NE and DEnver

We had a chance for the two greats to eliminate each other in the divisional round but screwed the pooch against the Vikes at home and Indy. Indy will be our main rival for years to come but once this "Chuckstrong" stuff runs its course they are no better than an 8-8 or 9-7 team to me(for the next year or two). That was not really the point of what I was trying to say though, which is that I don't think we really stand a chance to eliminate both of the top dogs in their places. I've had too much to drink.
Old 01-02-2013   #69
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if u think about it

Ciny
Indy
ravens
texans

I don't see how we have any better chance than Indy, Cincy, or Baltimore to beat either of those teams.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #70
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 290661 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
nah just was raised in both citys..and love the colts..and i really admire the chracter of some of the texans players.. andre johnson is a role model of mine. but dont recall there being a rule of what team you root for.
There is no such rule except in peoples heads. You can root for both teams if you like. Just keep in mind you are going to get some flak for it. Accept that, and you'll be fine.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #71
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm on. It's going to be epic. Like the video below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GA8z7f7a2Pk
Old 01-02-2013   #72
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
if u think about it

Ciny
Indy
ravens
texans

You sure do because that was a stellar display of football against NE on primetime....weehaw!
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #73
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Like someone else said, F this sh!t.

And I mean . . . F . This . Sh!t

I can only take so much aggravation and frustration for one season, and I'm not even going to watch the game. I said it yesterday, and I'm saying it today . . I'm not watching. Even if they do scrape out a win, that only means it'll be an embarrassment next week.

It's over. Done. Bring on the draft.

It really pisses me off that I'm actually a fan of this team. I wish i could turn it off like a switch, but it doesnt work that way. And because of that, its like as if I'm condemned. And because of that, I can't watch any other football game, like these bowl games that are on right now, and enjoy them as they are meant to be enjoyed.

F . THIS . SH!T.
I feel your pain, Marcus. I really do. Birds of a feather and all that stuff, long suffering Houston football fans can only relate.

But, I guess I'm a masochist at heart, because I cannot not watch the game. I'll even be dressed in Texans gear (like it matters), but no way could I avoid it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier View Post
lol yea, a trip to the superbowl means beating both brady and peyton on the road.

had we taken care of business, we would have welcomed the lowest winning seed of the ravens/colts/bengals in the division round. in the process, it would have forced a matchup of peyton and brady in the division round.. then had we won our division game, a game at reliant vs peyton/brady was awaiting us in the championship game...
That's what is really soul-crushing. We just needed a .500 performance over the last two games, one against a team that we've already beaten.

It was the best chance at a potential Super Bowl run. Just two home game wins to make it after a week to get ready. We'd only have to face either Manning or Brady, but not both in the same post-season. It was still an uphill battle, all things considered, but nothing like the gauntlet they have in front of them now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
nah just was raised in both citys..and love the colts..and i really admire the chracter of some of the texans players.. andre johnson is a role model of mine. but dont recall there being a rule of what team you root for.
You should read more:

Quote:
Rules for being a true fan

Honestly, I just can't understand it. You cannot root for two teams at the same time. You cannot hedge your bets. You cannot unconditionally love two teams at the same time, when there's a remote chance that they might go head-to-head some day.
Old 01-02-2013   #74
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105274 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroGSXR View Post
I'm on. It's going to be epic. Like the video below...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GA8z7f7a2Pk
If the team comes out and they've got this fruity, pink tutu, sugar in your tank ass **** on thier minds.....i'll just hope we don't get blown off the field at that point.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #75
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
You sure do because that was a stellar display of football against NE on primetime....weehaw!
We just need to beat the Pats and we can be home-free.
The Ravens are going to take care of the Broncos for us, now aren't they?
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #76
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
...If the team comes out and they've got this fruity, pink tutu, sugar in your tank ass **** on thier minds.....
That's none of my business. Just as long as we win! GO TEXANS!

It's the PLAYYYYYYYYYOFFFS, people! Anything goes!!!
Old 01-02-2013   #77
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

Rep Power: 266 Texan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish I could be happy right now since we're 12-4 in the plays offs, but Schuab just flat out scares me. From what I see on the game tapes he seems like he just can't stand in the pocket long enough to make the deep pass unless he's on a bootleg but then u have to re adjust your footwork and is more arm strength that he doesn't have and in the West Coast you have to have that threat of the deep pass other wise they
ll press the line of scrimmage and the run won't work.

Kubiak is a good offensive mind but other than PA CAN SOMEBODY RUN A DANG FADE/ POST/ POST CORNER AND SCHUAB ACTUALLY MAKE A ****** NFL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM DONE
Texan_Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013   #78
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 272221 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Touchdown View Post
I wish I could be happy right now since we're 12-4 in the plays offs, but Schuab just flat out scares me.
He's about to blow your mind.

Get ready for it.
Old 01-03-2013   #79
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 32471 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, usually by now I am able to put everything behind and start to get amped up for the game. Its just not happening for me right now. WTF?? This is brutal.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013   #80
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 101015 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Sorry, anybody who thinks the Texans will win on Saturday is not paying attention.

It doesn't taste nearly as bad as I expected...

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read