Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?
Yes 27 19.57%
No 111 80.43%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2013   #81
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?

What happened to the matt Schaub from the Denver game? That guy I can believe in.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #82
mridge01
Veteran

Rep Power: 470 mridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respectedmridge01 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Face facts: Its TJ TIME!!!
At this point you've got to let Schaub continue to steer this sinking ship. It is his responsibility to save it or go down with it. Wouldn't be right to put that on Yates.
mridge01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #83
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
What happened to the matt Schaub from the Denver game? That guy I can believe in.
What happened to the team from the 1st half of the season? I don't have faith in any aspect of the team right now. I am looking for something to believe in but JJ Watt can't do this alone.
Old 01-01-2013   #84
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think multiple years of these players having no-nuts Matt Schaub trot dutifully into the huddle, knowing the play call from Kubiak is going to be probably a very uninspiring play call, has worn on the offense's players.

The OL is uninspired. WRs, too. Probably even OD and the RBs too.

The QB can't rally them any longer.

And they know they can't do anything about it. They know they are stuck with a competent system that defenses are figuring out more and more as each week passes. And Kubiak's response is to obviously dumb it down even more for his "kids," but he doesn't know that the kids are men. Men with ideas and aspirations that have nothing to do with 3rd and long draw or screen (take your pick, it's the same play).

I think even the guys on offense feel bad for their teammates who are on defense. Like they know the defense is getting shafted routinely.

Kubiak is losing this team. He lost it in the Pats game, the wins vs Titans and Colts gained it back a little, and then losses to the Vikings and Colts, IMO, has placed this team in a playoff game situation where who the hell knows if the guys will rally for Kubiak or not.

The dynamic between the HC and his O-Coord is something I wish I knew more about. Like, I want to know if there are times in a season where Kubiak is taking over those duties or how that all works between those two. It SEEMS that with Kubiak's on-the-record statements about how he can change any play Dennison calls...it would be very easy for Kubiak to be sticking his finger in the pie more than he ought to. That's just me, though. I can see the urge for him to tinker with play calls more than he should.

Is the team uninspired because they know when a call comes in that it's a Gary Kubiak call...instead of a Dennison call? Is there division in the ranks? Often times when you have this level of meltdown, there's stuff going on that isn't be vocalized. And we all know how secretive the Texans are about this sort of thing. The Jets, on the other hand, they got a ton of players who talk openly to the media about all internal problems. Polar opposite cultures that, IMO, are harmful in their own unique ways.
Old 01-01-2013   #85
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub is good enough for our team to win the SB if plays well and the coach calls a good game.
Old 01-01-2013   #86
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 18132 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am not going to get into the whole Schaub debate but can some of the hyperbole get knocked off? AJ became just the 3rd WR in NFL history to have 3 1500+ yard seasons. I'm sure CJ will become the 4th, but c'mon he has been on that pace every single year with Schaub at QB.

Now step back from that for just a second - all the great QBs and WRs in history and AJ is the 3rd. Geez, give the guy competent and AJ's career has hardly been ruined by Schaub.
I don't care about the stats. I'm talking about success in the playoffs. This whole thread is about having faith in Matt Schaub right? I have little faith that he will help AJ get to the big game and lead the Texans to a SB ring.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #87
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm watching two college QBs, Martinez for Nebraska and Murray for Georgia....watching both of them make plays with their arm AND with their feet when needed.

Both those guys look better than what we've got right now.

Schaub has to change his "right now" or else we're screwed for two more years.

Stats or not, Schaub's "right now" looks inferior to college QBs.
Old 01-01-2013   #88
fiasco west
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14152 fiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respectedfiasco west is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I'm watching two college QBs, Martinez for Nebraska and Murray for Georgia....watching both of them make plays with their arm AND with their feet when needed.

Both those guys look better than what we've got right now.

Schaub has to change his "right now" or else we're screwed for two more years.

Stats or not, Schaub's "right now" looks inferior to college QBs.
Against College competition and college defense.

Schaub would tear those defenses apart.

Every player in the NFL was a great college player. I mean Arian Foster went undrafted...
fiasco west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #89
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
that guy had me believing too. fools gold.
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #90
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87281 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
that guy had me believing too. fools gold.
Dude, uncle rico has a better arm then schaub; he can throw a football all the way over them mountains.
Old 01-01-2013   #91
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 65939 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

I am actually surprised that many people have confidence in Matt Schaub, especially considering his play as of late.
Old 01-01-2013   #92
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco west View Post
Against College competition and college defense.

Schaub would tear those defenses apart.

Every player in the NFL was a great college player. I mean Arian Foster went undrafted...
Christian Ponder had a field day against us.

A QB who has confidence can beat anybody anywhere. Our QB has lost confidence in himself.

I'd rather watch Yates or Keenum at this point. It's nice and polite and "wise" to say we should roll with Schaub, but honestly it's no longer entertaining.

This is supposed to be fun, entertaining, but with Schaub it's like watching a train wreck and being unable to do anything but watch helplessly as the carnage GROWS.

I want to be entertained. I don't want to feel like I'm watching the death of something.
Old 01-01-2013   #93
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Dude, uncle rico has a better arm then schaub; he can throw a football all the way over them mountains.
if only he got to play the 4th quarter....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #94
Uncle Rico
Pro BS'er

Section: Nose Bleeds
Rep Power: 17109 Uncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respectedUncle Rico is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
I can also hit Andre Johnson in the face with a ribeye while he's riding a bike pumping Matt Schaub.

Put me In Coach!!
Uncle Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #95
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Christian Ponder had a field day against us.

A QB who has confidence can beat anybody anywhere. Our QB has lost confidence in himself.

I'd rather watch Yates or Keenum at this point. It's nice and polite and "wise" to say we should roll with Schaub, but honestly it's no longer entertaining.

This is supposed to be fun, entertaining, but with Schaub it's like watching a train wreck and being unable to do anything but watch helplessly as the carnage GROWS.

I want to be entertained. I don't want to feel like I'm watching the death of something.
Keenum, would like to see what he can do in this system...He can also use his feet

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #96
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74062 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Keenum, would like to see what he can do in this system...He can also use his feet
I hate reading this. Keenum was a spread QB in college and will amount to jack and **** in the pro's.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #97
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
if only he got to play the 4th quarter....

I'm going to watch Napoleon Dynamite now.
Old 01-01-2013   #98
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87281 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
I'm going to watch Napoleon Dynamite now.
Not only can he throw the ball a mile...he's way more mobile then schaub. You saw how he was running around that camper right?

Plus, if we signed him you know he'd cut the fans a great deal on Tupperware.
Old 01-01-2013   #99
AndreJohnson's
Rookie

Please sub Yates in. That is all I want to happen.
AndreJohnson's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #100
Grungo_Taco
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Grungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respectedGrungo_Taco is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
yes

Matt Schaub holds almost every passing record (of the good kind) in Texan franchise history. Someone else must have liked him too because he still has another three years left on a contract he signed this past off season to the tune of $24.75 million guaranteed, $62 million overall.
eeeeeeeeek!!! At least Double J was smart enough to wait until the end of this season to extend Romo
Grungo_Taco is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read