Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Mock Draft Talk Mock Drafts, group Mocks and links to all the shamockery.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2013   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Walter's Current Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
Didn't want to start a whole new thread over it but here's one I did with another WR 1st.

1- Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
6'3" 206 lbs., 4.52-40

Big time WR who falls because of character concerns (mary jane). I believe Andre can mentor him to be a pro, he will open up the offense for everyone else with his play making and the Texans offense will have it's next cornerstone.

2- Mike Glennon, QB, NC State
6'5" 232 lbs., 5.12-40

Scouting report reads he is in need of technique to better himself but when you see him play, he's a big, mobile QB who can sling it. With all respect to Yates and Schaub, the Texans need to start taking chances at getting big time QBs on the roster.

3- Cornellius (Tank) Carradine, DE, Florida State
6'4" 265 lbs., 4.75-40

Talented pass rusher who falls due to injury. May be the end of next year before he's fully healthy but I think he will upgrade the group and soften the blow if Barwin leaves. Definitely has a natural pass rushing ability and a great body to go with it, easily strong enough to handle the edge in the run game.

3a- Alvin Bailey, OG, Arkansas
6'5" 315 lbs., 5.32-40

Needs to improve pass protection but is a big, mobile guard who can get to the 2nd level and pancake defenders. Texans continue to add size and strength to their OL.

4- Zeke Motta, FS, Notre Dame
6'2" 215 lbs., 4.65-40

This is the first of many picks designed to improve the Texans' awful special teams. This isn't Teo or Nix but this guy did play an awful lot for a really good defense. Racked up a ton of tackles, certified run stopper in-the-box type who offers enough coverage ability to be the 3rd safety for the dime packages.

5- Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
6'2" 240 lbs., 4.75-40

I think this might be a little late to get him but here's another run stopper who plays aggresive, downhill, thumper LBer. Would boost special teams as well.

6- Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State
6'2" 190 lbs., 4.78-40

The NCAA FBS all-time kick scorer with 459 points. Yes, please and thank you.

6a- Ryan Allen, P, Louisiana Tech
6'2" 215 lbs.

Boomer includes a long of 85 lol yes, please and thank you. Special teams upgrade, complete.

7- Philip Lutzenkirchen, TE, Auburn
6'4" 250 lbs., 4.82-40

Caught 44 passes, 14 were for TDs. Not very athletic but a decent blocker who is capable of lining up at H-back. Plus his last name is really cool.
I'd be stunned if Texans drafted Da'Rick with his numerous drug incidents. I was a fan and thought it was just one time but research indicated at least 3 & IIRC 4. I think it was Kubiak that said if a player had one incident it might be overlooked. He did not seem to be limiting it to MJ or other drugs. Posey is an example.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft > Mock Draft Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read