Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2012   #41
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will have a great playoff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I don't think the Texans have it in them to get a chip on their shoulder but if they could , now is the time . Nobody thinks the Texans are going to beat the Bengals . If they do win , there's more people wanting to see Bud Adams in a swimsuit calender than those who thing think they'll beat the Patriots . The Texans have no credibility .
um..thanks for that . . I . . really . . . needed . . that.
Old 12-31-2012   #42
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 156181 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We will beat cincy and shock the pats. Book it

i'm for serious
I want nothing more than for this to happen. I really do. I can only wish I had your faith. Don't lose it. It's good for the rest of us to see it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #43
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 857 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
You're in trouble then. If the Texans win, it will not be by imposing our will on the Bengals. We're going to grind out a win if anything. Shane Graham will most likely lead the team in scoring.

Think about that.
I dont care who leads the team in scoring. As long as we win and make a run, I wont care if Graham leads the team in scoring throughout the playoffs.
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #44
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13265 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Texans will be in for a fight on Saturday. Cincy will bring it.
I don't doubt that but.......speaking about the last game - are they that good or does it have more to do with the ravens losing their mojo?
Old 12-31-2012   #45
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steal Your Face View Post
I dont care who leads the team in scoring. As long as we win and make a run, I wont care if Graham leads the team in scoring throughout the playoffs.
As long as we win.
Old 01-01-2013   #46
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 8248 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mridge01 View Post
Why is this so hard to understand? If the Texans win they are going to Foxboro.
lol yea, a trip to the superbowl means beating both brady and peyton on the road.

had we taken care of business, we would have welcomed the lowest winning seed of the ravens/colts/bengals in the division round. in the process, it would have forced a matchup of peyton and brady in the division round.. then had we won our division game, a game at reliant vs peyton/brady was awaiting us in the championship game...
Old 01-01-2013   #47
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

in the players mind this is the div round and next round vs the pats is the AFC championship !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #48
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

This thread, our team, and everything else is just really depressing right now.
Old 01-01-2013   #49
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I've scheduled a doctor's appointment Monday morning for anti-deppresants. I have to beat the rush. I've also learned how to tie a hangman's noose. It's gonna be ugly. Aj Green is going to ass handle us. This sucks.
Old 01-01-2013   #50
Textan
Veteran

Rep Power: 4035 Textan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respectedTextan is a quality contributor and well respected

Cincinnati has won their last three. They ride into the play offs peaking at the perfect time. The Texans go into the play offs beaten, broken, and lacking confidence.
I'd be pleasantly surprised to see the Texans rise to the occasion, but given their recent performances, I won't hold my breath........
I'll still watch.
Textan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #51
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans can win this game. But they need to get their mojo back from the early season. This Texans team can beat anybody. The first 12 games they pretty much did. And the last 4 they just beat themselves.

We are more talented than anyone else in the league. Just come out and win for Christ's sake.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #52
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Are you or are you related to Matt Schaub?

I see you joined at about the time he came from the falcons

Atl Cav....he came from Atlanta(Atl) and he is Cav(Virginia Cavalier)
Hulk 75 all over again?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #53
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
This thread, our team, and everything else is just really depressing right now.
and i was shuned for saying same thing...look I understand things are looking bad but anything can happen in the playoffs there has been times teams have stumbled into the playoffs..and then won it all..I believe the texans are looking themselfs in the mirror right now.. and i beleive texans will not only win satuday but embarras the bengals. look at the bright side.

You got to see tony romo cry on national tv and miss playoffs again that should make your season right there..
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #54
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltfan123 View Post
and i was shuned for saying same thing...look I understand things are looking bad but anything can happen in the playoffs there has been times teams have stumbled into the playoffs..and then won it all..I believe the texans are looking themselfs in the mirror right now.. and i beleive texans will not only win satuday but embarras the bengals. look at the bright side.

You got to see tony romo cry on national tv and miss playoffs again that should make your season right there..
Omg you weren't "shunned" you started a freaking thread in the middle of the game saying this board depresses you. Then you say you're a Texans fan and won't grasp the fact that your username says you're a Colts fan. Change your username if you're not a Colts fan. You cannot be a Texans and Colts fan, that is a fact.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #55
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67767 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
You cannot be a Texans and Colts fan, that is a fact.
I second that motion. It's like saying your a bears fan and a packers fan. Just no bueno no matter how you spin it...unless your a colt mccoy fan(?)
Old 01-01-2013   #56
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronDuke View Post
Omg you weren't "shunned" you started a freaking thread in the middle of the game saying this board depresses you. Then you say you're a Texans fan and won't grasp the fact that your username says you're a Colts fan. Change your username if you're not a Colts fan. You cannot be a Texans and Colts fan, that is a fact.
Maybe he is Colt McCoy fan?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #57
coltfan123
Veteran

Rep Power: 2844 coltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respectedcoltfan123 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Maybe he is Colt McCoy fan?
nah just was raised in both citys..and love the colts..and i really admire the chracter of some of the texans players.. andre johnson is a role model of mine. but dont recall there being a rule of what team you root for.
coltfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #58
EllisUnit
Homerism Champ

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 44018 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I want nothing more than for this to happen. I really do. I can only wish I had your faith. Don't lose it. It's good for the rest of us to see it.
Read below my name man will never lose it, now i do agree the coaching has sucked really bad, Matt Schaub is playing like David Carrs boyfriend, and the defense has looked like oak farms butter at times lately.

BUT even with all that seeing this team take the field every game is still special to me every single time, i get that deep down feeling and feel at peace (at first haha)

So i will continue to go into every game believeing we will win, regardless of what the match up looks like.

ALSO i really do feel we will handily beat Cincy and go into New England and come out with a W.
Old 01-01-2013   #59
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88339 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
I think the team is better off playing a team they can handle on Saturday, as opposed to sitting on their posteriors awaiting New England or Denver.
I like playing Denver first, as we know we can beat them.
I am an optimist, to be sure, but if everyone shows up for the next three weeks we can end up in the Super Bowl!!!!
Hope you are correct but I disagree. I will compare to a boxer or MMA fighter. If you miss something and get clocked or submitted and are healthy, get back into another match quickly. If you are shell shocked and neither the fighter nor the coaches have a clue to keep you in the match, you need some time off. Shake it off and get your "s" together. Nothing is working for Houston and I think another week would allow Newton, Brooks and other nicked up guy to get more healthy. I see nothing that tells me Texans will win. I will be rooting but not a bit optimistic.
Old 01-01-2013   #60
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

We will win until proven otherwise!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read