Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2012   #41
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Just a possible observation..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
AJ drops balls sometimes. He makes up for it with a big play, usually. I don't believe he's quit for a second. I don't think anyone has quit. But, there is a lot of frustration on both sides of the ball. That bye week would have been golden in that it would've give this team a little mini-camp to work through issues.
It could just be the hangover from the Loss...but I don't believe I've ever seen AJ drop something that easy to catch and that huge. One of Matt's best passes I've seen and he whiffs?? Either AJ is not the AJ we think he is, or there is something amiss down on Kirby and I know DAMN WELL that AJ is the best receiver in the league. If AJ had a QB like Stafford, there'd be no question. He constantly has to slow down to catch the long ball and then fight off the defender for the reception. AJ would have probably had a couple seasons close to 2000 yards. Even when Cotton Shaub was putting up 4500 yards a few years back, he still never really had arm strength. I mean work out your damn triceps or something..geez.
Old 12-31-2012   #42
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perki-Perk View Post
You must have been watching the last 2 Cowboys games then were they at least put up a fight...And I can't stand those bastards...but there's no way you watched Texans football and thought, "Wow! These guys are just putting forth max effort!"
Two plays swing our way & we win that game. Then this "effort" argument would have to wait for another day. I watched our defense contain AD like no one's done all year, especially not recently. & I watched Andre, Arian, Antonio, Kj, & Jj Watt play excellent games yesterday.

Can't tell me we lost because of effort, or because they've lost confidence in their coach.

The taking on the personality of their coach has more stick'um than this.
Old 12-31-2012   #43
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Everybody in the flippin NFL wanted the Colts to win yesterday!! They LOVE to exploit a "feel good" story and, with no disrespect to Chuck Phangeo (sp), there was NO WAY IN HELL we were coming out of that game with a win!! We should have taken care of business against the Vikes, which IMHO was an easier team to beat. I've watched every damn game the Texans have ever played, and I'm not sure I've ever seen as many MISSED calls as I saw yesterday. I'm not blaming the refs entirely on our loss, but, I'm not sure that loss wasn't written in the books before the game was even played. WHY would Chuckie come back with ONE game left in the season, not a pressure game either, if not for an end of year FEEL GOOD story the NFL thrives on!! We were doomed before the game started.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #44
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As far as that Raven fan that posted in here, your team ain't squat either and y'all have issues too. Some people are delirious and some are delusional, but at some point you either take your head out of the sand, realize your team has problems and call for them to be fixed.
Never said they were; you misunderstood my post.

Eleboration> Every fan base is calling for heads right now; now is not the time to panic. Sure I know the weaknesses of my team (Ravens) and I do not propose that all of these things will magically disappear.

The Texans have been playing poorly lately- the defense has been abused a couple of games in a row. Schaub is not playing with confidence- pressured he pulls into a shell. Kubiak has adjusted the playcalling because of this.

That being said, you have to dance with the one that brung ya.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #45
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 16431 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Everybody in the flippin NFL wanted the Colts to win yesterday!! They LOVE to exploit a "feel good" story and, with no disrespect to Chuck Phangeo (sp), there was NO WAY IN HELL we were coming out of that game with a win!! We should have taken care of business against the Vikes, which IMHO was an easier team to beat. I've watched every damn game the Texans have ever played, and I'm not sure I've ever seen as many MISSED calls as I saw yesterday. I'm not blaming the refs entirely on our loss, but, I'm not sure that loss wasn't written in the books before the game was even played. WHY would Chuckie come back with ONE game left in the season, not a pressure game either, if not for an end of year FEEL GOOD story the NFL thrives on!! We were doomed before the game started.
this has to be the funniest post I've read on here...
Old 12-31-2012   #46
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd just like to clarify something.

I don't think much of anyone has knowingly quit on Kubiak. That is one great thing about the choir boy mentality of this team. They don't quit. But I do think they have lost faith. I honestly don't believe that they still believe in Kubiak and what he is doing. Sure, they like him plenty. How could you not? He IS a player's coach. But he is not the leader this team needs. Everyone knows the definition of stupidity is doing the same things and expecting different results. At least on offense, all we have done is the same things.

Honestly, how could the players have not lost faith by now?
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #47
Perki-Perk
DieHard Texan!

Section: Wolfies, Table 16
Rep Power: 4783 Perki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respectedPerki-Perk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
I'd just like to clarify something.

I don't think much of anyone has knowingly quit on Kubiak. That is one great thing about the choir boy mentality of this team. They don't quit. But I do think they have lost faith. I honestly don't believe that they still believe in Kubiak and what he is doing. Sure, they like him plenty. How could you not? He IS a player's coach. But he is not the leader this team needs. Everyone knows the definition of stupidity is doing the same things and expecting different results. At least on offense, all we have done is the same things.

Honestly, how could the players have not lost faith by now?
To further clarify, the "quit" is, to me, more of a subconscious thing. I don't think there was a secret team meeting..don't think there ever is. You know how it happens. A couple people in a private conversation questioning play calling, etc, then next thing you know one of those guys is talking to another about it. Before you know it you've become mentally drowned with negativity and voices of dissension that not even a good pep talk can clear up. The only way to fix that kind of mind set is a new culture and imo the only way to establish a new culture is by bringing in new leadership.
Old 12-31-2012   #48
handswarmer
All Pro

Please... teams that are going to the playoffs dont "quit" on coaches....

2-14 Chiefs teams quit....Jets quit....Jags diod too....
Old 12-31-2012   #49
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 9556 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Please... teams that are going to the playoffs dont "quit" on coaches....

2-14 Chiefs teams quit....Jets quit....Jags diod too....
Right. I don't think anyone's quit. They're just lost as hell right now. Kubiak's got to do some soul searching and find a way to get things back on track.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #50
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 213051 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Goes hand in hand with Lance Z latest:

http://blog.chron.com/fantasyfootbal...has-to-fix-it/
Thanks for the link. And Lance is definitely on point right here...
Quote:
Matt Schaub has saved his worst football of the year for the end of the season. Right now, he is playing football like the guy at the Let It Ride table in Las Vegas who is playing $5 per hand. You know that guy doesn’t bet enough to win big. He won’t go completely broke because he won’t risk that last $20 bill in his pocket, but you also know that all he’s doing is killing time. He’s not really gambling to win. That’s what Schaub feels like to me right now.

The running game and the offensive line issues can’t be fixed right now. Kubiak and his crew can run more toss plays or they can run more of their gap plays, but the outside zone game, the Texans’ bread-and-butter, just isn’t going to get it done this year. This offensive line is nowhere near as effective as last year’s group was and a talent infusion is needed at two and maybe three spots. That can’t be fixed in-season, but it can be managed. Maximizing the team’s strengths and minimizing their weaknesses is on Gary Kubiak’s shoulders now and he has to rise to the occasion and find a way to win a hand with 9-10 suited.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #51
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6672 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilpW View Post
The aggressive play calling has vanished. If we can't run Arian or Andre is covered, we're done offensively. Where are the throws to OD, and we don't even try to get another WR involved. This is not a talent issue any more. Schaub has concerns, but we don't attack teams like we did early in the year.
I agree. And to take it a step further, I am one hell of a Kevin Walters fan. He plays with heart and damned near catches everything thrown at him.

As I've stated in other threads, I'm tired of Foster right, Foster screen and AJ prayers. Both guys are great, but when they are getting doubled, we (Kubiak) have to wake up and go to other people. Sure, Foster and Dre can take it to the house at any given time. But we have to make the other team worry about somebody else. We have some very talented weapons in our arsenal that are rusting.
Old 12-31-2012   #52
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 240492 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike moffat View Post
As I've stated in other threads, I'm tired of Foster right, Foster screen and AJ prayers. Both guys are great, but when they are getting doubled, we (Kubiak) have to wake up and go to other people. Sure, Foster and Dre can take it to the house at any given time. But we have to make the other team worry about somebody else. We have some very talented weapons in our arsenal that are rusting.
If I told you Matt completed 66% of his passes for 275 yards, Andre had 12 catches for 141 yards, & Arian carried the ball 16 times for 96 yards against the hapless Colts, how would you guess the offense played?

Keep in mind, Luck only completed 50% of his passes for less than 200 yards. Vick Ballard toted the rock 27 yards for only 78 yards, & Wayne had 4 catches for 40 yards... who do you think would have won the game?
Old 12-31-2012   #53
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The NFL also wants an AFC chamionship with the Patriots vs. Broncos. Big money and ratings for them. You can bet the calls will be in both teams favor to get them that matchup. Not saying a team can't beat em just that it will be extremely difficult. Whoever goes to New England and whoever goes to Denver will be playing the refs also.
Old 01-01-2013   #54
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To further clarify, the "quit" is, to me, more of a subconscious thing. I don't think there was a secret team meeting..don't think there ever is. You know how it happens. A couple people in a private conversation questioning play calling, etc, then next thing you know one of those guys is talking to another about it. Before you know it you've become mentally drowned with negativity and voices of dissension that not even a good pep talk can clear up. The only way to fix that kind of mind set is a new culture and imo the only way to establish a new culture is by bringing in new leadership.
In that case we'd be bringing in new leadership every year! Sure, tongues wag, and negativity can always be a downer, BUT, these guys get paid MILLIONS to overcome that crap and stay with the program, whether they like it or not! I detest the management at my work, but, I am PAID to do my job, regardless! These guys are SUPPOSE to be professionals, and if they are that petty, they need to go, not the management! DON'T misunderstand me please!! I'm not defending Gary Kubiak! I wanted him gone after the 2-14 season, but, he AIN'T goin anyplace, anytime soon!! Our players need to suck it up and play the friggin game to WIN, for themselves, for the fans, and for a bigger paycheck, whichever comes first in their small beanie minds!!
Old 01-01-2013   #55
PhilpW
Irish-American

Rep Power: 349 PhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respectedPhilpW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
The NFL also wants an AFC chamionship with the Patriots vs. Broncos. Big money and ratings for them. You can bet the calls will be in both teams favor to get them that matchup. Not saying a team can't beat em just that it will be extremely difficult. Whoever goes to New England and whoever goes to Denver will be playing the refs also.

Anyone who disputes this, thinks the NFL is sport and not business.
PhilpW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #56
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It could just be the hangover from the Loss...but I don't believe I've ever seen AJ drop something that easy to catch and that huge. One of Matt's best passes I've seen and he whiffs?? Either AJ is not the AJ we think he is, or there is something amiss down on Kirby and I know DAMN WELL that AJ is the best receiver in the league. If AJ had a QB like Stafford, there'd be no question. He constantly has to slow down to catch the long ball and then fight off the defender for the reception. AJ would have probably had a couple seasons close to 2000 yards. Even when Cotton Shaub was putting up 4500 yards a few years back, he still never really had arm strength. I mean work out your damn triceps or something..geez.
ha im loving that in a thread that features the phrase 'mcnair needs to wake up to reality' prominently that aj apparently never drops an easy ball or that hes the best wr in the league
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #57
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 44894 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In that case we'd be bringing in new leadership every year! Sure, tongues wag, and negativity can always be a downer, BUT, these guys get paid MILLIONS to overcome that crap and stay with the program, whether they like it or not! I detest the management at my work, but, I am PAID to do my job, regardless! These guys are SUPPOSE to be professionals, and if they are that petty, they need to go, not the management! DON'T misunderstand me please!! I'm not defending Gary Kubiak! I wanted him gone after the 2-14 season, but, he AIN'T goin anyplace, anytime soon!! Our players need to suck it up and play the friggin game to WIN, for themselves, for the fans, and for a bigger paycheck, whichever comes first in their small beanie minds!!
Yeah but even at your job, dissension can cause a decrease in productivity. That is exactly what we see right now with the Texans. It seems nobody is on the same page. The line has lost touch with Foster, and he is not finding the holes like he has in years past. Schaub seems totally out of sink and totally defeated. If anyone has to be questioning the play calling, it's him. This is especially true given the fact that Schaub is rarely, if ever, allowed to audible out of a play. If it's a run, it doesn't matter how much the defense stacks the box; we are running the ball. It has to be deflating.

I don't buy it. Just because they get paid millions doesn't mean they are above normal human emotions and reactions. Hopefully, they get it together. But I won't hold my breath.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #58
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
This is such Bullstarch....only fans who cannot accept that their team got beat whines about the calls, the refs or how the NFL 'wants' certain matchups for rating and $$$.

Only the networks worry about the Matchups and ratings. Anyhting else is a farce.
Old 01-01-2013   #59
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by srrono View Post
1 thing I have noticed as far as our DEF drop off is guys are not running to the ball. I see a lot of guys standing watching others make plays. At the start of the season it seemed like everyone was running to the ball. Group tackling all the time, now 1 guy misses a tackle its a long gain with guys just watching.
Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
Watt: Defense was flying around today. Practice was a lot of fun.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #60
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
This is such Bullstarch....only fans who cannot accept that their team got beat whines about the calls, the refs or how the NFL 'wants' certain matchups for rating and $$$.

Only the networks worry about the Matchups and ratings. Anyhting else is a farce.
Really!!? If I was a betting woman I'd have bet against my team when we played the Colts last week. I watched the game calm, but irritated. Where do you think "feel good" stories come from anyway? The freaking MEDIA! I accepted the loss against the Colts, knew it was coming, BUT, I didn't accept the loss against the Vikes. Our team was HORRIBLE and deserved to lose! We should have beat the Colts, PERIOD!

If you read this MB very much you will find out that these guys are hard as hell on our team! Most do NOT accept mediocre play, bad attitudes, or crappy coaching. Every game we've lost this year we played like crap on all levels of play. GB and NE made us look like Jr High kids playing ball. I have NO idea WHY we played so bad against the VIkes, but, the Colts was a dead game before the whistle was blown. JMO!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read