Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?
Yes 27 19.57%
No 111 80.43%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2013   #61
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you have faith in Matt Schaub?

I'm not about to judge somebody's manhood just because they are not a top 5 NFL QB, nor will I call him pathetic over it. By that standard we are all pathetic, including anyone who says it.

Having said that, I'm ready to vote no. He's a middle of the pack QB, when it's all said and done, and I don't think it's a good move to just stick with that and be happy. Not in this league. The underthrows on long passes and a few other things are just getting too old and looking unfixable. I don't think his "leadership " skills would be in question by so many if he made more of those throws, but whatever.

I like the idea of drafting high on O-line and waiting for the right QB to draft in a few years.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #62
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

yes

Matt Schaub holds almost every passing record (of the good kind) in Texan franchise history. Someone else must have liked him too because he still has another three years left on a contract he signed this past off season to the tune of $24.75 million guaranteed, $62 million overall.

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #63
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll believe oj simpson is innocent before I believe schaub can lead us to a superbowl.
Old 01-01-2013   #64
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102920 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll believe with the help of LBJ, Kennedy faked his own assassination so he could live out his dream of being a potatoe farmer in Idaho before I believe Schaub can lead us to the superbowl.
Old 01-01-2013   #65
powda
Hall of Fame

I'll believe jerry jones and janis joplin conceived a baby named emmit before I believe schaub can lead us to the superbowl.
Old 01-01-2013   #66
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68323 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice triple post, brah.
TheMatrix31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #67
TejasTom
Heisenwatt

Section: Brazos Suite
Rep Power: 56294 TejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respectedTejasTom is a quality contributor and well respected

As a former Matt Schlub* supporter, defender, apologist, I have to say no. He has lost me.

There was a stretch during the last game when I thought #8 looked like a real a QB. On the next play someone got close and looked for a safe place to lie down.

schlub /SHləb/ Noun
A talentless, unattractive, or boorish person.
Old 01-01-2013   #68
Premier
All Pro

Rep Power: 10262 Premier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respectedPremier is a quality contributor and well respected

no.
Old 01-01-2013   #69
powda
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
Nice triple post, brah.
Well dayum. I can be vague sometimes so I wanted to make sure there was no confusion.
Old 01-01-2013   #70
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 27729 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I'm not about to judge somebody's manhood just because they are not a top 5 NFL QB, nor will I call him pathetic over it. By that standard we are all pathetic, including anyone who says it.

Having said that, I'm ready to vote no. He's a middle of the pack QB, when it's all said and done, and I don't think it's a good move to just stick with that and be happy. Not in this league. The underthrows on long passes and a few other things are just getting too old and looking unfixable. I don't think his "leadership " skills would be in question by so many if he made more of those throws, but whatever.

I like the idea of drafting high on O-line and waiting for the right QB to draft in a few years.
And there goes Andre's career. Sucks we could never get him a competent QB. There have been many opportunities, but Schaub was just enough for this franchise. Real sad.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #71
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

More importantly, I don't think Matt Schaub has faith in himself anymore.
Old 01-01-2013   #72
iLoveTexans
Veteran

Rep Power: 276 iLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectediLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

The NFL AM crew has faith in him (over Andy Dalton).

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap...or-Schaub-more

Sig courtesy of False Start!
iLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #73
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 128402 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Face facts: Its TJ TIME!!!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #74
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I trust him over Andy Dalton & TJ, too, but I don't see how that's sayin' much. TJ needs to learn in a full regular season before just stick him in for the playoffs. He might become better than Schaub, but he's definitely not there yet.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #75
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
And there goes Andre's career. Sucks we could never get him a competent QB. There have been many opportunities, but Schaub was just enough for this franchise. Real sad.
I am not going to get into the whole Schaub debate but can some of the hyperbole get knocked off? AJ became just the 3rd WR in NFL history to have 3 1500+ yard seasons. I'm sure CJ will become the 4th, but c'mon he has been on that pace every single year with Schaub at QB.

Now step back from that for just a second - all the great QBs and WRs in history and AJ is the 3rd. Geez, give the guy competent and AJ's career has hardly been ruined by Schaub.
Old 01-01-2013   #76
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 71958 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Face facts: Its TJ TIME!!!
God help Matt Schaub if he loses to the Bengals after TJ Yates beat them last year.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #77
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I am not going to get into the whole Schaub debate but can some of the hyperbole get knocked off? AJ became just the 3rd WR in NFL history to have 3 1500+ yard seasons. I'm sure CJ will become the 4th, but c'mon he has been on that pace every single year with Schaub at QB.

Now step back from that for just a second - all the great QBs and WRs in history and AJ is the 3rd. Geez, give the guy competent and AJ's career has hardly been ruined by Schaub.
Preach it Cak, but, these naysayers AIN'T gonna listen!! One day stats mean everything to them, the next day it's all out the window if it doesn't fix their train of thought! This board gets real comical this time of year.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #78
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 215632 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Florio has not exactly been Texans friendly. However, I find very little to fault in this recent piece.

Quote:
Somehow, the Texans will have to try to win one or more playoff games with Schaub as their quarterback.

I write these words knowing full well that I’ll now be accused of “hating” the Texans, Matt Schaub, and/or his dog. But even his dog would admit that there are more than a few better quarterbacks in the NFL.

As previously pointed out, Schaub has not shown up this year in high-profile games. More recently, in eight quarters of action on which the No. 1 seed in the AFC was riding, Schaub threw a grand total of zero touchdown passes. His passer rating against the Vikings in Week 16 was a measly 72.1, which actually looks good in comparison to the 66.3 generated against the Colts in Week 17.

After starting 11-1, the Texans have now lost three of four. And now come the overachieving Bengals, who have won seven of eight games and who have a defense that will make it even harder for Schaub in his career debut as a postseason starter.

That’s right, Schaub has no playoff experience on which to draw as he prepares to face Cincinnati, whose second-year quarterback played in a playoff game last year on Schaub’s home field.

Though I’ll likely pick the Texans to win the game, it won’t happen because of Schaub, but in spite of him. And if I pick the Texans to hold serve at home, there’s no way they’ll be the selection when they return to New England.
link
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #79
Donnieman
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
Yes or no, simple question.

As a follow up, when did you lose that "faith" ?

I'm just trying to get a feel here. I don't believe the attitude towards Matt is as bad as what is being represented today. But I don't know if a lot of people recently changed their mind, or if all his supporters just don't feel like participating today.

I'll tell you where I'm at. I think Matt is capable. He's shown us, imo, that he can play at the level required to take us where we want to go. I've been puzzled as to why we haven't seen him play at that level recently.

That's the short story. If you want to get into my reasoning I'll be happy to share.
Here's the question you have to ask yourself Houston.
If we traded Schaub at the end of another one and done season, what would we get?
Probably a third or fourth round pick. And he wouldn't start for anybody,just another backup QB.
Me? I would trade him to KC for Eric Winston straight up, deal as best as possible with Yates and try to get Alex Smith.

Thoughts?
Donnieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013   #80
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 103388 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnieman View Post
Here's the question you have to ask yourself Houston.
If we traded Schaub at the end of another one and done season, what would we get?
Probably a third or fourth round pick. And he wouldn't start for anybody,just another backup QB.
Me? I would trade him to KC for Eric Winston straight up, deal as best as possible with Yates and try to get Alex Smith.

Thoughts?
Nah, roll with Yates..see what you really have there. Use that extra 3rd or 4th in a package deal to move up in the draft and get a young prototype guy to develop...worst case scenario is neither can play and it gets Kubiak fired and we start from scratch with a new coach.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read