Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2012   #21
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: We will have a great playoff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
I think the team is better off playing a team they can handle on Saturday, as opposed to sitting on their posteriors awaiting New England or Denver.
I like playing Denver first, as we know we can beat them.
I am an optimist, to be sure, but if everyone shows up for the next three weeks we can end up in the Super Bowl!!!!
Are you or are you related to Matt Schaub?

I see you joined at about the time he came from the falcons

Atl Cav....he came from Atlanta(Atl) and he is Cav(Virginia Cavalier)
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #22
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47206 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star View Post
Are you or are you related to Matt Schaub?

I see you joined at about the time he came from the falcons

Atl Cav....he came from Atlanta(Atl) and he is Cav(Virginia Cavalier)
Great detective work.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #23
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 31996 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

No...no, we won't. One and done, this team has so disappointed me. Great teams take advantage of opportunities presented to them. When this team had those opportunities, they crumbled. I hope I'm wrong but everything my eyes have been seeing the last month tells me otherwise.
Old 12-31-2012   #24
ajohnson80
Veteran

Rep Power: 811 ajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respectedajohnson80 is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans have never lost a home playoff game or a playoff game against the Bengals. lol I'm just trying to find some positives.
ajohnson80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #25
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I don't. I hope they go down sucking their thumbs and crying for momma. If they're going to screw the pooch they might as well finish the job and go down playing like the worthless losers they've become. A valiant effort in a no-holds-barred shootout will do nothing but reinforce the idea that the situation isn't all that bad. It is bad and I want that on display this weekend if a loss is in the cards. I want some Texans players walking off that field to the sound of a fanbase digging deep down in their gut to boo them if they can't beat the Bengals.

That gaudy regular season record over a variety of tomato-cans-and-also-rans might otherwise cloud the facts. Regular season record aside this year the Texans took a step back in the heart department along with a variety of statistical categories.
This is how I feel also. If they are going to lose might as well get blown out so the spotlight will shine very brightly on them where even McNair can't sugar coat it. Maybe just maybe McNair would finally see Kubiak is not head coaching material. I doubt it though. As long as Reliant keeps selling out he will keep sending "Kubes" and his "kids" out on the field. The Houston Paper Tigers.
Old 12-31-2012   #26
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

WoooHoooo!! I lOVE a good defensive game, if that is what we're heading into! It will come down to who wins the turnover race! Maybe JJ will get another TD!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #27
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

We will beat cincy and shock the pats. Book it

i'm for serious
Old 12-31-2012   #28
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Don't mind the doom and gloom crowd. They get all fired up and **** all over the place after every loss.

By the weekend, they'll forget that they think the Texans are horrible and act shocked when they don't play a perfect game.

You get used to it after a while.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #29
srrono
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21340 srrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respectedsrrono is a quality contributor and well respected

I like everyone else here wanted #1 seed for HOU but that didn't work out. Today I was thinking that as bad as HOU has been playing they need a confidence game before playing the likes of NE or DEN. Don't get me wrong CIN will come in and beat HOU if they play like they have been playing, but If HOU can dominate CIN here at home that could be the medicine this team needs. The team moral has to be shot right now so they need a good win before they face NE again.
srrono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #30
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans will be in for a fight on Saturday. Cincy will bring it.
handswarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #31
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 163364 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by handswarmer View Post
Texans will be in for a fight on Saturday. Cincy will bring it.
We are used to it! Schaub can cower like no other!!
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #32
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Reminds me of American History X, I wonder how many stiches the Texans are gonna need?
damn....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #33
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 85971 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We will beat cincy and shock the pats. Book it

i'm for serious
Hey bartender! I'll have what he ^^^^^^ is having....

Ohhh, uh oh, it's Fitzmagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #34
handswarmer
All Pro

Rep Power: 23098 handswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respectedhandswarmer is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
We are used to it! Schaub can cower like no other!!
We play Cincy twice a year- always a close game- this years opener notwhithstanding

Marvin always has his team ready to play
Old 12-31-2012   #35
EllisUnit
Serving Koolaid

Section: 2" from the TV, Screaming.
Rep Power: 127721 EllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respectedEllisUnit is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We play Cincy twice a year- always a close game- this years opener notwhithstanding

Marvin always has his team ready to play
Thanks for stopping by, your team has enough problems of its own to be worrying about ours.

Whew I'm a little buzzed
Old 12-31-2012   #36
handswarmer
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
Thanks for stopping by, your team has enough problems of its own to be worrying about ours.

Whew I'm a little buzzed
Ha ha, I've never shied away from my teams problems...but quickly trying to point out my teams, you ignore your own.

I merely stated that Cincy is for real...
Old 12-31-2012   #37
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Like someone else said, F this sh!t.

And I mean . . . F . This . Sh!t

I can only take so much aggravation and frustration for one season, and I'm not even going to watch the game. I said it yesterday, and I'm saying it today . . I'm not watching. Even if they do scrape out a win, that only means it'll be an embarrassment next week.

It's over. Done. Bring on the draft.

It really pisses me off that I'm actually a fan of this team. I wish i could turn it off like a switch, but it doesnt work that way. And because of that, its like as if I'm condemned. And because of that, I can't watch any other football game, like these bowl games that are on right now, and enjoy them as they are meant to be enjoyed.

F . THIS . SH!T.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #38
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think the Texans have it in them to get a chip on their shoulder but if they could , now is the time . Nobody thinks the Texans are going to beat the Bengals . If they do win , there's more people wanting to see Bud Adams in a swimsuit calender than those who thing think they'll beat the Patriots . The Texans have no credibility .

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #39
Dishman
Miss Ya Blue

Rep Power: 10496 Dishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respectedDishman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha ha, I've never shied away from my teams problems...but quickly trying to point out my teams, you ignore your own.

I merely stated that Cincy is for real...
Seeing as how us Texans fans are having a crisis of confidence over our QB I'm real interested on your own take of Flacco and Schaub.
Dishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #40
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Like someone else said, F this sh!t.

And I mean . . . F . This . Sh!t

I can only take so much aggravation and frustration for one season, and I'm not even going to watch the game. I said it yesterday, and I'm saying it today . . I'm not watching. Even if they do scrape out a win, that only means it'll be an embarrassment next week.

It's over. Done. Bring on the draft.

It really pisses me off that I'm actually a fan of this team. I wish i could turn it off like a switch, but it doesnt work that way. And because of that, its like as if I'm condemned. And because of that, I can't watch any other football game, like these bowl games that are on right now, and enjoy them as they are meant to be enjoyed.

F . THIS . SH!T.
I feel the same way Marcus. It was a real "punch in the gut" watching the Texans piss the #1 seed away. It is an even worse feeling thinking about next year and how nothing will change. Nobody will take the Texans seriously anymore. They have become the most badly talked about 12-4 team that I can ever remember. Turn on the radio, tv or newspaper and they are the joke of the playoffs.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read