Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-31-2012   #81
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 46887 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The "Kubiak effect" has kicked in

Fine, losing Cushing dealt the defense a blow they couldn't recover from. I get that.

But what the flying fudge happened to the offense?!? We have a healthy Foster, a healthy Andre for the first time in years, a healthy Matt Schaub, a healthy OD, and this is what we get from our Pro Bowl offense?!?!?

How can anyone even begin the process of defending Kubiak?!? This football team has two Head Coaches. We have Wade Phillips as the Head Coach of the Defense and Gary Kubiak as the Head Coach of the Offense. Wade gets a pass since he lost arguably his best defensive football player not named Watt. But what has happened to the offense is inexcusable.

Without JJ Watt this season, I truly believe this is a team that doesn't even make the playoffs. When our offense should be at its best carrying this team (since we have established that all the major players have stayed healthy), they have been at their worst. Completely and utterly pathetic and unacceptable.

I might get flamed for this, but I honestly wish we had missed out on the playoffs. Then, there would at least be a snow ball's chance in hell that Kubiak would get fired, and this team could actually start making some progress. I just salivate over what John Gruden could probably do with the talent we have on this team.
Say Watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #82
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30006 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Fine, losing Cushing dealt the defense a blow they couldn't recover from. I get that.

But what the flying fudge happened to the offense?!? We have a healthy Foster, a healthy Andre for the first time in years, a healthy Matt Schaub, a healthy OD, and this is what we get from our Pro Bowl offense?!?!?

How can anyone even begin the process of defending Kubiak?!? This football team has two Head Coaches. We have Wade Phillips as the Head Coach of the Defense and Gary Kubiak as the Head Coach of the Offense. Wade gets a pass since he lost arguably his best defensive football player not named Watt. But what has happened to the offense is inexcusable.

Without JJ Watt this season, I truly believe this is a team that doesn't even make the playoffs. When our offense should be at its best carrying this team (since we have established that all the major players have stayed healthy), they have been at their worst. Completely and utterly pathetic and unacceptable.

I might get flamed for this, but I honestly wish we had missed out on the playoffs. Then, there would at least be a snow ball's chance in hell that Kubiak would get fired, and this team could actually start making some progress. I just salivate over what John Gruden could probably do with the talent we have on this team.
Um...Kubiak was re-signed earlier this year. So, he wouldn't have gotten fired even IF we missed the playoffs.

And Jon Gruden? LOL. No comment. Dude is a clown and a fraud.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #83
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 46887 Say Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respectedSay Watt is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Um...Kubiak was re-signed earlier this year. So, he wouldn't have gotten fired even IF we missed the playoffs.

And Jon Gruden? LOL. No comment. Dude is a clown and a fraud.
Plenty of coaches get signed to new deals and get fired. It wouldn't be the first or the last time.

And you are calling Gruden, a Super Bowl winning head coach, a clown and a fraud in a thread about Kubiak?!?

This obviously must have been you:
Old 12-31-2012   #84
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans wouldn't even be playing next weekend if they had just beaten the Vikings or the Colts. So this game is meaningless imho. A win sends them on the road to play the Patriots with Gronk returning. Then if by some miracle the Texans showed up and beat the Patriots they would then have to jet over to Denver and play them for the AFC championship. The Texans are done this year and they only have themselves to blame. They set this whole mess in motion. They have no heart this year. Last season thats all they had. Stepping up everytime someone went down and finding ways to win.

Had they won yesterday they would be on a bye week preparing to host the Ravens at Reliant. Denver and New England would have to face each other with the winner playing the Texans at Reliant for the AFC championship. If they couldn't beat either the Vikings or the Colts to get this scenario instead of the one they are in now then what makes anyone think the Texans can beat any team they face in the playoffs?

I actually don't care if they beat the Bengals or not. Because there is no way this Texans team is going to win on the road in New England or Denver. Face it. Elite qb's eat the Texans for lunch. And our offense with Schaub at the helm on the road losing by at least a couple of tds, ughh. The playoffs to end the 2012 season for the Texans has disaster written all over it.

The player I feel bad for? Andre Johnson. This guy has given his all for the Texans and barely sniffs the playoffs at the end of his career. He is running out of time. It was a disgrace that the Texans didn't get a wr to stretch the field opposite Johnson. Instead they drafted projects.

I really wish the Texans would get rid of Kubiak and Smith but I know McNair will probably never do it. How great would it be to have a team like the Colts? You get Manning for a decade, suck for 1 year, now draft Luck and go 11-5 and right back in the playoffs. Houston took a decade just to get to the playoffs. I'm not happy with Wade either but that is a whole different rant. I will just say this. He needs to quit putting the square peg in the round hole. Design some different schemes that use zone more when facing elite qbs. Change can be good. Predictable in the NFL is a death sentence.
Old 12-31-2012   #85
Donnieman
Rookie

Talking Re: The "Kubiak effect" has kicked in

Yeah, you're right it has kicked in. But really, what did you expect.
This was and is Denver Lite.

Kubiak should be a QB coach and thats it.
Do you ever see an ounce of intensity?
Do you ever see an ounce of inspiration?

Just like Capers he looks ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS on the sidelines.
Deer in the headlights part deux.

And Schaub? Please.At best he is an average NFL QB.Maybe even below average.

Think about it.... if he was on the trading block the day after the Texans go one and done again , which of corse they will,what would he bring?

A third or more likely fourth round pick.
Donnieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #86
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30006 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say Watt View Post
Plenty of coaches get signed to new deals and get fired. It wouldn't be the first or the last time.

And you are calling Gruden, a Super Bowl winning head coach, a clown and a fraud in a thread about Kubiak?!?

This obviously must have been you:
1) McNair doesn't operate like that. You know it, we all know it. He just re-signed Kubiak, and is loyal to his staff. No way is he getting fired any time soon. I'm not even a fan of Kubiak. I'm just being realistic about what we're stuck with.

2) Jon Gruden, as has been debated for years, won with Dungy's players. Period. Simple. Point blank. Everyone knows it. He did nothing after, and made a fool of himself in Tampa with the QB mess. Gruden is a CLOWN, and a fraud, his ability to make funny faces does not make him a good coach.

3) Ken Whisenhunt went to a Superbowl. He was fired today. Lovie Smith went to a Super Bowl. He was fired today. Andy Reid went to the Super Bowl. He was fired today. Spare me the nonsense about Gruden having won a Super Bowl making him a great coach. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing the name Gruden. I wish he'd pick a freakin team already and go there, so we don't have to hear his name again.

4) Wishing your team missed the playoffs so you could get rid of the coach is weak sauce. I can't stand Kubiak in general, but, I'll take the playoffs
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #87
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
4) Wishing your team missed the playoffs so you could get rid of the coach is weak sauce. I can't stand Kubiak in general, but, I'll take the playoffs
What do playoffs matter if when they get there they can't compete. Throw Cinncinnatti out of the picture because that is a game and a saturday that Houston should not have had to play if they took care of their business. Whether the Texans win or lose against the Bengals is a moot point. Now enter New England on the road and Denver on the road instead of only facing 1 of th 2 at Reliant. The Texans can't win when it really counts.
Old 12-31-2012   #88
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
1) McNair doesn't operate like that. You know it, we all know it. He just re-signed Kubiak, and is loyal to his staff. No way is he getting fired any time soon. I'm not even a fan of Kubiak. I'm just being realistic about what we're stuck with.

2) Jon Gruden, as has been debated for years, won with Dungy's players. Period. Simple. Point blank. Everyone knows it. He did nothing after, and made a fool of himself in Tampa with the QB mess. Gruden is a CLOWN, and a fraud, his ability to make funny faces does not make him a good coach.

3) Ken Whisenhunt went to a Superbowl. He was fired today. Lovie Smith went to a Super Bowl. He was fired today. Andy Reid went to the Super Bowl. He was fired today. Spare me the nonsense about Gruden having won a Super Bowl making him a great coach. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing the name Gruden. I wish he'd pick a freakin team already and go there, so we don't have to hear his name again.

1) You are probably right

2) That Oakland team that Gruden played against WAS Gruden's team that he built himself.

3) Yep, lots of mediocre coaches make it to Super Bowls. But typically only the good ones actually win it. The only name you mentioned that actually won a Super Bowl was Gruden.

4) You are entitled to your opinion. The last statement was a bit of an exaggeration. I am happy we are at least in the playoffs. But if we lose next week, I will stand by my statement. A loss means nothing. All we did with 12-4 was screw ourselves out of better draft position. That's it.
Old 12-31-2012   #89
Say Watt
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckey View Post
What do playoffs matter if when they get there they can't compete. Throw Cinncinnatti out of the picture because that is a game and a saturday that Houston should not have had to play if they took care of their business. Whether the Texans win or lose against the Bengals is a moot point. Now enter New England on the road and Denver on the road instead of only facing 1 of th 2 at Reliant. The Texans can't win when it really counts.
Exactly. As far as I am concerned (and I am not concerned in the least with numbers), 12-4 is no different for me than 2-14 if both seasons end the same way. Except for the ****ty draft position for the 12-4 team.
Old 12-31-2012   #90
Donnieman
Rookie

Kubes....wait a minute. Could that actually be Kubs?
Yeah that's gotta be it. The curse of the Cubs visits H-Town and no goat on the field is going to make it better.
Oh wait,,,, we already have a goat on the field....mybad.

Kubiaks consistenly vanilla offense is SOOOOOO predictable and every other D-Coordinator knows it.
Nervous Schaub throws 9-10 yard pass to tight end.
Nervous Schaub throws 1- 2 passes to Johnson.
Nervous Schaub hands off to Foster for 2-3 yard gain.

And you thought it was difficult to be a head coach in Houston.
Donnieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012   #91
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123766 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
losing Cushing has NOTHING to do with this offense, I dont care how you try to spin it, Matt Schaub is the reason we're sputtering offensively right now. Until he proves he can beat defenses teams will continue to load up and take out our run game....they show no respect to our pass game because 8 is garbage
I still can't understand how you haven't figured out that an Oline has to be able to block for a QB. A RB has to be able to find the holes on running plays. I cannot assume you are watching the same games that I am when you say these things above. Is Schaub struggling? Yes. Is the rest of the team struggling just as bad? Yes.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read